And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what pisses me right off & I suspect that there are some people who will just leave it at a silly price on the off chance that someone will bite, rather than simply offer the tickets at a reasonable price. Offer at face value plus any reasonable expenses, if you can't go! I'm convinced that some people offer up their seat every week on that satanic site & turn over a nice profit over the course of the season. So if they are making money on certain games, maybe they don't give a shit if their seat is empty the next week? I've no proof of it, but why else are games consistently sold out, and yet there are noticeable gaps every week, save for the occasional genuine sell out? I get that some people may not be able to make it for whatever reason/emergency, but it does seem a regular thing.

You can basically just go to the games you want and probably cover a lot of the cost of your season ticket by overselling the others.

Should be a cap on the amount you can sell. I dread to think what the prices for the last WHL will be like

Got mine yesterday..... club wembley for a tenner, hoping you can get a beer in there ? looked on official site this morning, no more than 3 or 4 hundred tickets left

Got mine yesterday..... club wembley for a tenner, hoping you can get a beer in there ? looked on official site this morning, no more than 3 or 4 hundred tickets left
if ticket holders turn up, that would be a new record for a Europa cup tie. Previous, Manure v Bindippers. I dont think any of the finals have got close, beause they dont hold them in the biggest Stadiums.

Will be insane at Wembley if we draw Manure later in the competition. Noise will be awesome.

if ticket holders turn up, that would be a new record for a Europa cup tie. Previous, Manure v Bindippers. I dont think any of the finals have got close, beause they dont hold them in the biggest Stadiums.

Will be insane at Wembley if we draw Manure later in the competition. Noise will be awesome.

Highest attendances in the UEFA Europa League
1: 75,180 – Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool, 17/03/2016, round of 16 second leg
2: 67,553 – Dynamo Kyiv 5-2 Everton, 19/03/2015, round of 16 second leg
3: 67,328 – Manchester United 1-2 Ajax, 23/02/2012, round of 32 second leg
4: 65,851 – Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Porto, 18/02/2016, round of 32 first leg
5: 65,848 – Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Tottenham, 10/03/2016, round of 16 first leg

It seems pretty guaranteed we'll go at least 2nd in that list. I would hope we can top it.

The vast majority should turn up, seeing as you only get the LPs if you turn up, and people knew that when they booked.

4: 65,851 – Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Porto, 18/02/2016, round of 32 first leg
5: 65,848 – Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Tottenham, 10/03/2016, round of 16 first leg

It seems pretty guaranteed we'll go at least 2nd in that list. I would hope we can top it.

Is there a list anywhere that covers UEFA Cup as well?

The vast majority should turn up, seeing as you only get the LPs if you turn up, and people knew that when they booked.

Also I think a lot of the no-shows in the group stage were people who'd bought the three game pass and only going to two. I reckon plenty had that intention from the start (they were so cheap you might as well buy the triple) and also they were all sold before the dates were released, so plenty probably couldn't make one or two of the dates.

This time we knew the time & date before sale, and there's no multi package to dilute the sales.

Spent a while looking for that, but found nothing annoyingly.

Cheers, yep I guess it all gets a bit more vague when you go back to it as UEFA Cup. It's just I hate all this; arbitrary line in the sand statistic brackets - stats since the last name change! The Premier League is the worst, as if a player who straddled the late 80s moving into the Premier League era will never be properly recognized!

Had a look myself and did find this, just of the finals (used to be 2 legs) - some small but also some monster attendances in there.

List of UEFA Cup and Europa League finals - Wikipedia

Not Europa, still worth a mention for such a huge crowd:

Celtic 2-1 Leeds 1970. Match moved to Hampden Park to accomodate more than the 75,000 Celtic Park Capacity. Official attendance, 136,000. Probably way more with kids jumping the turnstyles, cash on the gate etc.

Anybody who thinks that Spurs can possibly police the 'no show no loyalty points' threat at Wembley are deluded.
England tried the same thing previously and in the end everybody who purchased a ticket got the points.
Too many ramifications for it not to be the case. Turnstiles not working, tickets not being scanned etc etc. Basically if your a ST holder or member and you've purchased a ticket for Wembley, your going to get the points added.

In a way I'm hoping we don't win the tie on the first leg 3-0 or something. (or lose it, obviously). Quite a few may not turn up to see our second string in a dead rubber.

Tickets arrived today, this will be my daughter's first ever time seeing spurs, only taken her 14 years, sure her younger brother will be able to ' advise' on match day protocol, I have already warned her that I tend to get a decible or ten louder and to ignore the colourful language

Received my tickets for me and the brother in law today. No feeling quite like having Spurs tickets plop through the letterbox. Am now stupidly excited. COME ON YOU SPURS

Are the sands finally shifting in our approach to the cups?

“He understands the importance of the Europa League and FA Cup,” said Vertonghen, 29. “It’s good that we take it very seriously: we want to win both and compete in the league as well, and our team is fit enough to cope with these things.

“We played the final against Chelsea at Wembley a couple of years ago and we want more of that. I won silverware at Ajax and it’s the best thing there is in football. This team deserve a trophy."

Feels like the players want silverwear, and Poch is starting to pick stronger teams as a response.
We could easily win cups. Its just to go for it.

If the 80,000+ rumours being bandied about are to be believed... we'll top the list with a few thousand to spare!!

If the 80,000+ rumours being bandied about are to be believed... we'll top the list with a few thousand to spare!!
Surprised it's not higher. Surely the likes of Inter, Barca, RM, etc. were able to fill their massive stadiums on the rare occasions they were in the Europa League?

Through:

- Man Utd
- Krasnodar
- Schalke
- APOEL
- Ajax
- Anderlecht
- Roma
- Olympiakos
- Besiktas

Last edited:
Back