And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very astute move by Levy and the club!
I honestly do not understand ticketing at all. We play EL at the Lane and there are thousands of empty seats. We sell out Wembley against EL competition type teams. There have been empty seats at every home game (all comps) at the Lane this year, yet capacity is reduced and its our last year at the old stadium. Our season ticket waiting list has now risen a further 10k to 60k and you can't get away tickets unless you have a billion points. I honestly haven't got a clue how this shit works.

I very much hope that the Prawn Sandwich brigade's hefty ticket prices will cross-subsidise the great unwashed like me. If Cat C games can be reduced to £20 odd, should be able to sell out the new 17,500 Park Lane South Kop (and make a massive racket too). 61,000 fans for, say West Brom on a Monday night when it's live on telly would be a big ask. I'm encouraged Levy seems to be understanding that for a significant number of fans, that it's very price elastic (oooh, impressive jargon).

I honestly do not understand ticketing at all. We play EL at the Lane and there are thousands of empty seats. We sell out Wembley against EL competition type teams. There have been empty seats at every home game (all comps) at the Lane this year, yet capacity is reduced and its our last year at the old stadium. Our season ticket waiting list has now risen a further 10k to 60k and you can't get away tickets unless you have a billion points. I honestly haven't got a clue how this shit works.

Didn't realise we hadn't been selling out our league games.

Do you think it's a case of ST holders not turning up or there still being available tickets?

Didn't realise we hadn't been selling out our league games.

Do you think it's a case of ST holders not turning up or there still being available tickets?
I'm sure they are sold but every game, including Chelsea, there have been empty seats. Don't know why though. Understood the other weekend was because of train strikes but why other games, no idea.

I'm sure they are sold but every game, including Chelsea, there have been empty seats. Don't know why though. Understood the other weekend was because of train strikes but why other games, no idea.
There are always gonna be times when people can't make it to a game they've got tickets for at short notice. Arguments with the missus, kids being ill, car accidents, waking up somewhere odd after a massive bender and being stranded, etc.

...Failure to turn over a profit via stub hub may be another...?
You'd think that if you knew in advance you weren't gonna be able to make a match, you'd sell on there for whatever you could get, even if it's only a tenner, rather than just letting the seat go empty... but I guess some people just can't be arsed

You'd think that if you knew in advance you weren't gonna be able to make a match, you'd sell on there for whatever you could get, even if it's only a tenner, rather than just letting the seat go empty... but I guess some people just can't be arsed
I wouldn't try & turn a profit in the first place. It's a bit shitty. There always seem to be tickets on stub hub & I wonder how many people just hold out for a silly price until it's too late? Or, as you say, maybe people just can't be arsed to alter the parameters as it gets closer to the deadline.

There are always gonna be times when people can't make it to a game they've got tickets for at short notice. Arguments with the missus, kids being ill, car accidents, waking up somewhere odd after a massive bender and being stranded, etc.
Yeah but there are loads this season and in every single stand (I don't know about upper East as I'm in it so can't get perspective).

StubHub is a disgrace - Look at those prices

7HOKQpL.jpg

StubHub is a disgrace - Look at those prices

7HOKQpL.jpg
This is what pisses me right off & I suspect that there are some people who will just leave it at a silly price on the off chance that someone will bite, rather than simply offer the tickets at a reasonable price. Offer at face value plus any reasonable expenses, if you can't go! I'm convinced that some people offer up their seat every week on that satanic site & turn over a nice profit over the course of the season. So if they are making money on certain games, maybe they don't give a shit if their seat is empty the next week? I've no proof of it, but why else are games consistently sold out, and yet there are noticeable gaps every week, save for the occasional genuine sell out? I get that some people may not be able to make it for whatever reason/emergency, but it does seem a regular thing.

Back
Top Bottom