And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thinking about driving out to Gent for the away leg and trying to buy tickets on the spot. Has anyone got an idea about how easy that would be?

Should be a rule that both teams must allocate the same % really.
alexwooty alexwooty
But you cant deny the fact that its Wembley, a stadium about double the size of Whl and the ghelamco together, so there are bound to be spares and increasing demand from the visiting side. And one able to fulfill the total demand from the home team. Which is not the case in Gent, so oversized stadiums would get a benefit and leave a potential bigger part of homefans (often all at holders) that get turned away.

alexwooty alexwooty
But you cant deny the fact that its Wembley, a stadium about double the size of Whl and the ghelamco together, so there are bound to be spares and increasing demand from the visiting side. And one able to fulfill the total demand from the home team. Which is not the case in Gent, so oversized stadiums would get a benefit and leave a potential bigger part of homefans (often all at holders) that get turned away.
I'm all for having a full Wembley.
I'm sure Spurs will have thought this through.
If Gent want to bring 15 or 20,000, then surely that makes it a better atmosphere? I don't think Spurs alone would fill the ground for a Europa tie in this round unless we were playing a giant.

Back
Top Bottom