And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very one sided game again. Thoroughly enjoyable night out- still never seen us lose at Wembley - Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor . He he. Not sure about the Wembley atmosphere though. And people leaving with 20 minutes to go to get the tube home & beat the rush... I understand it if people have long distances to travel, but it kills what atmosphere there is stone dead. That was really my only gripe.

My only gripe is that you didn't come to Monaco and Leverkusen with that sort of record!

I fancy us against any of the other teams that have dropped down from the CL. That said, I also fancied us to get out of our group!

Who would you guys say are the danger teams left in the EL? United must be one

I fancy us against any of the other teams that have dropped down from the CL. That said, I also fancied us to get out of our group!

Who would you guys say are the danger teams left in the EL? United must be one

We can't play another English side in the first knock out round. I don't think will play a seeded side either.

At least Sevilla aren't in it this year so there's a chance for someone else!

Hoping we finally get a Spanish team. Although wouldn't adverse to a trip to Poland or Ukraine

At least Sevilla aren't in it this year so there's a chance for someone else!

Hoping we finally get a Spanish team. Although wouldn't adverse to a trip to Poland or Ukraine

Europa for all it's faults isn't great and geared towards the teams coming from the Champions League. However for once we are in the lofty position of being a seeded CL drop out that no one wants to play. Let's treat the competition with a bit of respect as the reward is actually worth something.

For all the inevitable questions about who we can draw, I refer you to 2016–17 UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia

Already we know that we can't draw Zenit, Roma, Ajax, Shakhtar, Schalke, Sparta Prague, Copenhagen, Lyon, Besiktas, Man U or Soton; we know that we could draw Krasnodar, Rostov, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Legia Warsaw, or Ludogorets Razgrad.
Check it at about 10 pm tonight, it'll have been updated after the Europa group matches finish.

For all the inevitable questions about who we can draw, I refer you to 2016–17 UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia

Already we know that we can't draw Zenit, Roma, Ajax, Shakhtar, Schalke, Sparta Prague, Copenhagen, Lyon, Besiktas, Man U or Soton; we know that we could draw Krasnodar, Rostov, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Legia Warsaw, or Ludogorets Razgrad.
Check it at about 10 pm tonight, it'll have been updated after the Europa group matches finish.
I just looked on the map and both Krasnodar and Rostov are in war zones!
Rostov is on the border with eastern Ukraine, and Krasnodar looks like it is in Chechnya.

I just looked on the map and both Krasnodar and Rostov are in war zones!
Rostov is on the border with eastern Ukraine, and Krasnodar looks like it is in Chechnya.
Looks like both teams played their group matches at their home grounds, so I can only assume they were deemed safe enough to host matches, unlike eastern Ukrainian teams, who've had their matches moved. Wouldn't exactly be pleasant places to go, mind...

How seriously we take this competition will depend on where we are in the league come February. If we are in another title race Poch will throw it again.

How seriously we take this competition will depend on where we are in the league come February. If we are in another title race Poch will throw it again.

I have to say I'd agree with him if that's the case. PL title challenges, even top 4 are too important to us in these transition years to screw up with EL.

Back
Top Bottom