And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst the pricing is great and I will go; my fear is it does give Poch even more of a license to put out the weakest team available in a spectacular thrown game.
I paid £5 to see the U21 team get spanked 6-2 by Liverpool earlier this year; so can't complain really if I see the same thing here. Maybe the club will surprise me but previous form in this competition suggests not.

We going to designate an 1882 block?

Should be doable.
...at a mere fiver behind the goal, (that's on a par with 1984 pricing ffs!!) I'd imagine the club will have to be turning them away!

I realise there is an air of desperation about the ticket pricing, but at £5 and £10 for members and £15 for GS... I can't see how it won't be a sell out!!

BRING. IT. THE. FUCK. ON!

Whilst the pricing is great and I will go; my fear is it does give Poch even more of a license to put out the weakest team available in a spectacular thrown game.
I paid £5 to see the U21 team get spanked 6-2 by Liverpool earlier this year; so can't complain really if I see the same thing here. Maybe the club will surprise me but previous form in this competition suggests not.
If it was a competition Poch wanted to limp out of quietly as possible, then the ticket prices would have been unattractively high, surely? I think the way it has been priced it will be a near full house. Got to give the club utmost credit for that. If they'd gone in with tickets twice the price, they'd have made/lost the same amount of money but with half the fans. It makes perfect sense to try & have Wembley rocking-& why would they want that if they wanted to creep out of the EL via the back door as soon as possible? I may be totally wrong, but I prefer to look at it this way- we are going to go for it & the club wants as many fans in the ground as possible to be the 12th man/see us go into the last 16.

If it was a competition Poch wanted to limp out of quietly as possible, then the ticket prices would have been unattractively high, surely? I think the way it has been priced it will be a near full house. Got to give the club utmost credit for that. If they'd gone in with tickets twice the price, they'd have made/lost the same amount of money but with half the fans. It makes perfect sense to try & have Wembley rocking-& why would they want that if they wanted to creep out of the EL via the back door as soon as possible? I may be totally wrong, but I prefer to look at it this way- we are going to go for it & the club wants as many fans in the ground as possible to be the 12th man/see us go into the last 16.

I was quite shocked to see the prices, let's hope they stay a similar price next season for cup games as well, be nice to give some fans who can't normally afford to go to many games, as let's be honest it is a fucking expensive day out, the chance to expierence a match.
Hopefully be like the CL games when walking down Wembley way way just awash with yids, I just hope this time we can bring some of the pre match atmosphere and excitement into the stadium!!

To be honest if the tickets were £30 + then I wouldn't be going. With two young kids and the fact I have hated wembley so far for the CL I would give it a miss. But for £5 a ticket to is simply too good to turn away.

Agreed we want as many supporters there as possible and I also credit the club for the pricing strategy but I don't follow the logic of high prices if we weren't taking it seriously.

The seasons I supported the club through the group stages only to see us throw the knock-out rounds made me genuinely angry. To be brutal it threatens the integrity of sport and makes a mug of everyone spending their money to support the team.

When we first qualified for the UEFA Cup in 2006 our home group games were priced at Category A... imagine that now!

To be honest if the tickets were £30 + then I wouldn't be going. With two young kids and the fact I have hated wembley so far for the CL I would give it a miss. But for £5 a ticket to is simply too good to turn away.

I'm petty sure that's what Levy & Co. had in mind!

:levylol:

I'm so proud of us for doing this. I genuinely mean it... whenever other clubs do 'Kid for a Quid' or similar low ticket price initiatives, i'm always a little envious, and saddened that we never seem to... until now!

Good for us!!

Agreed we want as many supporters there as possible and I also credit the club for the pricing strategy but I don't follow the logic of high prices if we weren't taking it seriously.

The seasons I supported the club through the group stages only to see us throw the knock-out rounds made me genuinely angry. To be brutal it threatens the integrity of sport and makes a mug of everyone spending their money to support the team.

When we first qualified for the UEFA Cup in 2006 our home group games were priced at Category A... imagine that now!
Oh I agree mate. I'm just trying to imagine a happy scenario where we play a strong team, to a full house, at Wembley, & truly go for it. We put out a very strong side in the dead rubber match v CSKA which makes me think that this season, the EL may be given a higher priority. Makes sense to me because we got into CL (we've been desperate for that since our last glory days there) but we came quickly unstuck against teams perhaps more wily & experienced. Perhaps the club realises that winning this competition combines the glory of another European trophy with the prize of CL football)
And I'd like to think the players would want to stay in the cup for as long as possible. Medals for them & being idolised by us.

I suppose I'm trying to say that if we weren't serious about it, we would have fielded a weaker team when there were only 64000 at Wembley.

The club has priced the tickets to guarantee a big crowd for this one. I just can't see Poch playing the second string. We will see on 23/2/17, but I have high hopes that we give the competition a real go with a full strength team & won't sacrifice it like last year.

We going to designate an 1882 block?

Should be doable.
We absolutely should. I seem to remember 128-130 being noisy for the CSKA match, and with them being diagonally behind the goal should be fairly low demand, so ST holders and members should all be able to buy there easily enough. Those who are desperate to be able to buy beer can aim for the Club Wembley blocks above them.

We absolutely should. I seem to remember 128-130 being noisy for the CSKA match, and with them being diagonally behind the goal should be fairly low demand, so ST holders and members should all be able to buy there easily enough. Those who are desperate to be able to buy beer can aim for the Club Wembley blocks above them.

I'm in. Will try and buy around there.

I hate this bit where season ticket holders are snapping up their spots and us lowly members can't get in until Monday...
Looking at the seat map, most tickets sold so far are Club Wembley along the sidelines, plus a chunk behind the west goal.
Vxdrqod.png

I went for 234-238, best combo of atmosphere and beer availability I reckon!
I'll see you for a beer Mr Wooty I'm in 234 as I a) Didn't realise in the CL that Club Wembley sold booze, b) Going by the CL games I thought the loudest and most consistent singing came from this area. Hoping for best of both worlds.
:avbpray:

I'll see you for a beer Mr Wooty I'm in 234 as I a) Didn't realise in the CL that Club Wembley sold booze, b) Going by the CL games I thought the loudest and most consistent singing came from this area. Hoping for best of both worlds.
:avbpray:
I'm 235. Hopefully it'll be good there

Good year to you all.

Congrats with the win against Chelski and thanks for making the EPL interesting again.

Some silly questions I'm afraid
- How many tickets can you purchase as a member for the game Spurs - KAA Gent at Wembley? Just the one?
- Does the billing adress (for the tickets) have to be in the UK?
- If I buy from abroad (clever cookies can guess where from) will I allowed entry in 112, even though it is reserved for home fans?

In short: As a wellbehaved KAA Gent supporter I'm looking for 8 tickets near the away end as the changes for getting some of the allocated away tickets is slim. People over here are planning to camp the night before those tickets go on sale (there will be only a 1000 on general sale).
Who can help or advise?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom