Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People who are suggesting that he wont make it..well, the same was thought about Kane and Mason.
I suggest not writing him off just yet. :bmj:

Brentford seem to be playing him as a 10 behind the striker correct? I am all for giving him a chance next season maybe as cover for Eriksen? I can honestly say only seen him play a handful of times but he has superb technical ability

He's been very good for Brentford this season, of course there is a big step in class between the Championship and the Premier League, but if he keeps on playing as he has been I'm sure he'll be a part of our plans next season. As for Carroll, it really depends on whether he can keep his place in the Swansea team. If he isn't good enough to start for them, then it's unlikely he'll be good enough for us next season unfortunately. Fingers crossed for both of them though, would love to see them playing for us next season!

He's been very good for Brentford this season, of course there is a big step in class between the Championship and the Premier League, but if he keeps on playing as he has been I'm sure he'll be a part of our plans next season. As for Carroll, it really depends on whether he can keep his place in the Swansea team. If he isn't good enough to start for them, then it's unlikely he'll be good enough for us next season unfortunately. Fingers crossed for both of them though, would love to see them playing for us next season!
I am sure Carroll could have done a job for us in CM this season. I like Mason and Stambouli has played better recently but I am still convinced we wouldn't lose much with Carroll in CM. Personally I would sell Capoue and Paulinho in the summer. That would leave us with Bentaleb, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele and Carroll plenty of cover for CM. Especially considering many of them can play multiple roles there.

For me Bentaleb is one of the first names on the team sheet and then pick from the rest for the other spot or two depending on how we set up.

As a Swindon fan who saw him week-in-week-out for a season, I'd say the comparison with Erikson is very apt, and also I suppose the biggest stumbling block to him breaking into the first team the way Mason has.

He probably runs with the ball a bit more than Erikson (but doesn't have enough pace to be an outright winger), and also puts in a few more crosses from open play, but otherwise, they seem very similar (from free-kick speciality to physical appearance), and his best position was generally drifting in from the left to dictate play as a number 10. Sometimes he was outstanding in this role, at other times, as I think has been mentioned, he would go missing. However, in a very good midfield that also featured Mason and Luongo, I'd say he was singled out more than anyone else last year as our key attacking player by opposition fans.

One thing that also may count in his favour is his work-rate, which for a diminutive, skilful player dropping down to league 1 surprised me a great deal. Will chase down defenders relentlessly for 90 minutes, and never shirked a challenge or 50/50 (bit of temper though, and possible red card risk). If he can control that, would fit in perfectly with Pochettino's high-tempo, high-pressing philosophy. Whether he can be accommodated in the same team as Erikson, however, is definitely the question mark hanging over him, though impossible to say until he's recalled from loan and given a chance.

As a Swindon fan who saw him week-in-week-out for a season, I'd say the comparison with Erikson is very apt, and also I suppose the biggest stumbling block to him breaking into the first team the way Mason has.

He probably runs with the ball a bit more than Erikson (but doesn't have enough pace to be an outright winger), and also puts in a few more crosses from open play, but otherwise, they seem very similar (from free-kick speciality to physical appearance), and his best position was generally drifting in from the left to dictate play as a number 10. Sometimes he was outstanding in this role, at other times, as I think has been mentioned, he would go missing. However, in a very good midfield that also featured Mason and Luongo, I'd say he was singled out more than anyone else last year as our key attacking player by opposition fans.

One thing that also may count in his favour is his work-rate, which for a diminutive, skilful player dropping down to league 1 surprised me a great deal. Will chase down defenders relentlessly for 90 minutes, and never shirked a challenge or 50/50 (bit of temper though, and possible red card risk). If he can control that, would fit in perfectly with Pochettino's high-tempo, high-pressing philosophy. Whether he can be accommodated in the same team as Erikson, however, is definitely the question mark hanging over him, though impossible to say until he's recalled from loan and given a chance.

Thank you sounds very encouraging. I still cannot believe we sold you Luongo from what I hear he has been one of the best players in League 1 is this true? I have a suspicion if Poch was in charge we would have never let Luongo leave.

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like he'd fit right in with the high press

Thank you sounds very encouraging. I still cannot believe we sold you Luongo from what I hear he has been one of the best players in League 1 is this true? I have a suspicion if Poch was in charge we would have never let Luongo leave.

Yes he's been outstanding. Doing well with Australia too in the Asian Cup which has raised his profile a bit. I think he could have done a job for Spurs if you'd held onto him. We turned down two offers from Sevilla and an unnamed Turkish club yesterday for around €2.5 million (which would have been a club record fee for us), which shows you how highly we rate him. Spurs have a 40% sell-on so you will get a good chunk of whatever he does eventually go for. Personally, I hope he stays in England, as I think his game is best suited to the fast and physical style, and ideally, remains with us until the summer, so we can maintain the promotion push he's been a key part of so far.

Prichard just smashed the crossbar challenge on Soccer AM. I'm convinced he can come back here next season and take some of the pressure off Eriksen as his understudy. Looks technically excellent.

Happy for the young lad. Saw him play a couple of years back, was by far the best player on the pitch. If he does come back and come into the team, he needs to take the corners! We may actually get the ball past the first man.

Pritchard was very impressive today. I like how he takes responsibility, always demanding the ball, and his first touch is so assured.

I think, from little I have seen, he is more than capable of being in our squad next season, if not, then on loan in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom