Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adebayor performing when he has a point to prove as usual, let's see how long he keeps up this level of performance, until then I will choose to remember his joke of a last season which means he's got a hell of a lot of making up to do yet. Today however was a good start.

I posted this on his first game back. Since then (minutes played, goals and assists)

1DhHkym.png

19 games, 10 goals, 6 assists.

or

10 games, 8 goals, 4 assists
then
9 games, 2 goals, 2 assists

Sorry, but predictable, once he feels he has nothing left to prove he is a passenger. Even the game against a horrid Sunderland where he scored his last 2 goals in 9 he was hardly at the races.

I can't be arsed with a new manager trying to motivate him anymore, last season he was diabolical, 10 games this season does not a player make.

You almost make it sound like AVB was right to keep returning to the Soldado stream hoping there might be water there. And we know that's not right. Adebayor saved our season.

I mean what's the alternative to Adebayor next season? Seems unlikely we'd spend big on another striker. Soldado and Kane or bust? A risky proposition.

Poor show from Ade today. Him and Paulie flinching from the free kick was unacceptable.

And he was all over the place, getting in other players' way, pulling out wide to cross to no-one, putting in fake-ass tackles 10 seconds after the ball's gone and back to the ball bouncing off him instead of being controlled.

Get rid while he's still worth a few quid and replace with Bony from Swansea.

You almost make it sound like AVB was right to keep returning to the Soldado stream hoping there might be water there. And we know that's not right. Adebayor saved our season.

If he'd performed half the amount of games last season he has this season we would have made the CL last season. I don't blame AVB for dropping him after the season he had, I blame him for not dropping him last season. People go on about Bale making us overachieve but forget Defoe and Adebayor countered that very well.

He's also played just about 90 minutes more this season than last season and yet somehow has managed twice as many goals and three times as many assists, where was he then?

yet AVB got torn to shreds for not picking him. At the end of the day a great talent but poor attitude. I don't think he wanted any players with a bad attitude, maybe that's why he let Ekotto go aswell

Given that look that Ade made I almost wonder if the movement from St Pauli Girl prompted his movement. It certainly looked like he was scared, but there might have been more to it. Maybe I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt more than he deserves though.

Back
Top Bottom