Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol.

I did have to see if he had an assist on that on motd but no. He was just getting out of the way of the ball.

This isn't American football. That goal was all Bales.

No I didn't say it was an assist, I said he held up the defender, If Adebayor wasn't there it would have been a piss easy intercept for Taylor.

So getting in the way is now a plus point for a player in a spurs shirt?

Come on mate. Even you have to admit your scraping the barrel of love for Ade now?

So getting in the way is now a plus point for a player in a spurs shirt?

If it means we score a goal that wins us a game?

:avbcringe:

then yes.

Sorry, but have you watched football before? you do know that players need to block each other off and win balls without actually making passes, that the game is as much about what you do off the ball as what you do on it?

Err, movement is a key striker attribute. When you move in one direction, your marker has to come with you, and that creates space that another player can exploit. With his speed, it is kinda natural that Spurs forwards will create space for Bale to exploit. That means the other players have different instructions than we would expect.

Only speculation, that last. But movement to create space for other players is a fact, one that is even highlighted on MOTD.

Righto chaps.

You will eventually see the light.

evqws.gif

thought he looked lively yesterday and you could see the newcastle defence were struggling once he came on. People need to get the massive chip off their shoulders and support him. We are between transfer windows and he is currently our only fit striker, so what's the point of arguing whether he's great or not. It's not like he's keeping anyone great out of the side. (this could be argued even if he was starting ahead of defoe)

He's had a very disjointed season, but you could see yesterday that he's played a few games in quick succession recently and looked way sharper than when he left.

If club x are paying you £80k a week and club y are offering you £220k a week and you have no huge attachment to either club you move to club y. That's not mercenaryness that's just fucking common sense.

Damn sight better than Bent, the RW from Blackburn whose name I have deliberately forgotten, Shevchenko's strike partner, just of the top of my head.

A lump sum paid, according to reports, by City.

I wish that was correct but I fear you are taking into account the 14m odd they lost on the transfer fee. The balance we paid Ade. Plus of course his 100k wages. It works out at 200k odd a week on a three and a half year deal.

If club x are paying you £80k a week and club y are offering you £220k a week and you have no huge attachment to either club you move to club y. That's not mercenaryness that's just fucking common sense.

Yeah but the self pitying bullshit of paying for half of Togo to eat grates. Plus it's my club not so its not club y and club x were paying the same wages too but wanted him out.

I wish that was correct but I fear you are taking into account the 14m odd they lost on the transfer fee. The balance we paid Ade. Plus of course his 100k wages. It works out at 200k odd a week on a three and a half year deal.

:levylol: Yeah because Levy is going to roll with that kind of money. Aren't City still paying for a lot of his wages? Isn't this why the deal took so damn long to go through in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom