Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well it's useful to keep correcting the narrative. It's like a tweet I saw this morning, something like "I don't want to start an argument, but was adebuywhore at all useful yesterday?"

LOL DA FUQ? You don't want to start an argument, but manage to be a knee-jerk antagonistic fuck just in how you phrase your question?

I swear, we could win 6–0 against the wanderers with both Ade and Dempsey getting hattricks and lose the next match 0–1 and people will be calling for those two to be sold or released outright.

Well it's useful to keep correcting the narrative. It's like a tweet I saw this morning, something like "I don't want to start an argument, but was adebuywhore at all useful yesterday?"

LOL DA FUQ? You don't want to start an argument, but manage to be a knee-jerk antagonistic fuck just in how you phrase your question?

I swear, we could win 6–0 against the wanderers with both Ade and Dempsey getting hattricks and lose the next match 0–1 and people will be calling for those two to be sold or released outright.

Dempsey is shit though

:baletroll:

Seriously though, Ade looked up for it yesterday, hope he smashes a couple in against Lyon this week and next, and then puts the Spammers to the sword.

It seems to me that there are people in the media who have it in for Adebayor, for whatever reason of their own. Of course it is not just him, the media create reputations which are usually undeserved and bear little reaction to reality. Look at Beckham.

The really sad thing is that there are Spurs fans who buy into it, because it was in the papers/twitter so it must be true.

He was hopeless yesterday. Same old Ade.

Him getting out of the way of the ball is not an assist.

The Ade sympathisers will eventually come round to the correct point of view. And that will be a sad thing because it will be to the detriment of the club but this will happen even to the most blinkered.

Bloke is a loss and one of our worst ever signings if you factor in his massive lump sum and wages.

It seems to me that there are people in the media who have it in for Adebayor, for whatever reason of their own. Of course it is not just him, the media create reputations which are usually undeserved and bear little reaction to reality. Look at Beckham.

The really sad thing is that there are Spurs fans who buy into it, because it was in the papers/twitter so it must be true.

Seriously?

Ask his former clubs fans what they think of him. It's nothing to do with the press. I have never seen a negative article about the idiot apart from his stunt to the scum fans. And even then it was just a tut.

He gets an easy ride in the press despite his unrivalled merc ness

When was the last time you made it to the lane?

Yawn, bringing this old chesnut up again are we? This is an old old tired argument, which I've been over with you and countless other of your types before. Not going there again. You know the reasons. As do others. But then if you really want to look like a complete tosser and press it go ahead.

Believe it or not some people have a different opinion to yourself sir.

Was a joke mate, but seriously, Ade was only on for about 20 minutes, hardly enough time to be awful, from what I saw of him, he made a decent account of himself and used his strength to hold off Taylor and stop him intercepting Dempsey's lofted ball. If he hadn't Bale wouldn't have got through and we wouldn't have scored. Hardly simply getting out of the way is it.

Seriously?

Ask his former clubs fans what they think of him. It's nothing to do with the press. I have never seen a negative article about the idiot apart from his stunt to the scum fans. And even then it was just a tut.

He gets an easy ride in the press despite his unrivalled merc ness

Which just goes to show that the media campaign started a long time ago.

The goons don't like him because he left them for a bigger club. Because he showed no loyalty to them, but went to a club that were willing to pay him more. Of course he is a mercenary, he comes from Togo, why should he have any loyalty to the scum or us, come to that? He does need to earn his money, and clearly the management, who know far more about it that we do, feel he is doing enough to include him in the match day squad despite only just arriving.

I have objections to Adebayor, but they are based on his recent inability to kick the ball hard at goal - they always seem to be bloody taps which don't make it, and why he is not better at heading the ball. But I see him work hard on the pitch, doing an awful lot of excellent work off the ball, and I ignore what the ill-informed, especially the press, have to say.

Lol.

I did have to see if he had an assist on that on motd but no. He was just getting out of the way of the ball.

This isn't American football. That goal was all Bales.

Back
Top Bottom