Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The things you boys get your knickers in a twist over, never ceases to surprise me.
Ade needs to go, the sooner, the better. Both Berbatov and Keane are dirty, rotten traitors (maybe not in the same class as the ulitmate judas), but traitors all the same. Don't expect you all to agree with me, just my opinion.

Sorry Mrs P. I just can't class Keane in that shower of shit.

:vdvcry:It looks like he's not going anywhere in a hurry, like a wart on an English teachers chin...just keeps hanging around even though we all know it should simply be cut away....

He is going nowhere. Why would he go to Villa when we will pay him to do nothing. He is in his perfect place. Surely we can force him to go on loan to Afghanistan or somewhere

He is going nowhere. Why would he go to Villa when we will pay him to do nothing. He is in his perfect place. Surely we can force him to go on loan to Afghanistan or somewhere
His next contract will be better if he has more to show for the previous two seasons than training with kids and two goals.

I thought the loan would be tricky. May still happen. Just like the loan to Spam, they were not willing to pay even half his wages.
That's the problem. When I heard Vila were going to take him on loan and pay his wages in full I was sceptical. Making him the highest paid player by a country mile at the club, at 31, for one season. Would they actually be willing to do this.
I thought it would be asking a lot for them to pay 3/4 or even half. £50k is still a fair amount for Villa. Delph never got that much. Benteke was on £60k ( reportedly) and Vlaar, the highest paid on £80k.
Don't know about the new signings just in, but after the loss of Benteke & Vlaar's contract expiring Sinclair would have been the highest paid player on their books on around £45k.
If the salaries are correct then they would be making Adebayor one of the highest paid players on their books.
I guess that is the stumbling block.
Would it be beneficial for us to pay 3/4 of it when we would free up just £1.5m?
I suppose it all depends on Soldado going too.

Would it be beneficial for us to pay 3/4 of it when we would free up just £1.5?
Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems Ade will never wear a Spurs shirt again, even if Kane gets injured and Soldado is sold. If that is, in fact, where the club's thinking is, we should eat whatever portion of his wage bill we have to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems Ade will never wear a Spurs shirt again, even if Kane gets injured and Soldado is sold. If that is, in fact, where the club's thinking is, we should eat whatever portion of his wage bill we have to.
If that is the club's thinking, why hasn't the loan been done then? They obviously wanted him enough to do a medical and show him around.
I just can't see the club paying 100% if we have to, can you? What's the point in doing that. We save nothing, pay £5m and have one less player.

Most of us would love Spurs to pay £80k pw for him to play somewhere else.
However, the point is to free up wages to enable us to buy/pay someone else.

Edit: what with the goings on at the club it just doesn't see logical to pay all his wages to loan him out. The clubs thinking may be: if we are going to pay all his wages for him to play somewhere else, and he is NOT willing to compromise on his wages, we may as well keep him here, and not give him a squad number.
It makes no difference.

Last edited:
Man City had the same problem, yet they had more money than we do and paid £100k of his wages.
We thought we had won the lottery when we had signed him permanently and mugged them right off.
Now, we are in the same boat as them, yet we cannot shift him on loan as the clubs below us a scared off by the large wage.
But it seems we are not to be able to do what City done and pay a hefty proportion of it to meet the loan club's wage structure .
One thing that puzzles me more than anything though:
If we are to believe that Palace and QPR wanted to do a deal with us for a loan - obviously prepared to pay what was required - but Ade preferred to go to Spam who made a late bid - obviously paying what was required - which was supposedly vetoed by Levy, what's the problem with his wages at Villa then?

Maybe it's not all about the money, and more location. Maybe he's finding it hard to find a mansion with a marble twin staircase, one that can accommodate the statue of himself and with garage space for 20 cars in Birmingham?
Whatever it is, let's hope it's sorted soon.
Maybe he can help Spam get back into the Prem next season?

Last edited:
Man City had the same problem, yet they had more money than we do and paid £100k of his wages.
We thought we had won the lottery when we had signed him permanently and mugged them right off.
Now, we are in the same boat as them, yet we cannot shift him on loan as the clubs below us a scared off by the large wage.
But it seems we are not to be able to do what City done and pay a hefty proportion of it to meet the loan club's wage structure .
One thing that puzzles me more than anything though:
If we are to believe that Palace and QPR wanted to do a deal with us for a loan - obviously prepared to pay what was required - but Ade preferred to go to Spam who made a late bid - obviously paying what was required - which was supposedly vetoed by Levy, what's the problem with his wages at Villa then?

Maybe it's not all about the money, and more location. Maybe he's finding it hard to find a mansion with a marble twin staircase, one that can accommodate the statue of himself and with garage space for 20 cars in Birmingham?
Whatever it is, let's hope it's sorted soon.
Maybe he can help Spam get back into the Prem next season?

Not me mate. I said from day one it was a massive mistake. Worst signing in our history.

Back
Top Bottom