Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pleased that Sammy & Arce have been binned and really should be permanently banned.

I've been on a few forums now and healthy debate and banter are great and are part of the reason I use them but those two are the worst I've come across bearing in mind I like going on Spammer boards for a laugh!

:pochwtf:

unfortunately the money thrown at a kid from a very, very, very poor background has taken it's toll.
Fuck me imagine having no electricity or phone lines. This man came form a place so fucking poor for most of us to comprehend.
Can you imagine coming into so much money from such a poor background. He must feel obliged to help his family set up their own livelihoods and even to look after them. But it must be fucking depressing when you finance businesses or use your influence to give them a leg up they mug you off. It must be even more jarring to have your family constantly tapping you for money and threatening you with knives and ju ju for it.
I'm sorry, but there are only a few who can turn off and perform. The top entertainers must experience personal problems which upset them enough that they don't really want to go out an entertain. Yet they have the ability to switch into entertainer mode.
Some footballers can do it. He obviously cannot. When everything was going good, he played well.
When it wasn't and he had shit to deal with he didn't perform. He cannot switch off and go into footballer mode.

I feel he could probably have PTSD especially after the bus incident. Couple that with the people that are meant to love you unconditionally, who you have shown love and compassion to, holding you at knifepoint, poncing off & putting spells on you and he must feel he has no one he can trust.
Fuck off all your family and trust the hangers on? You'd feel pretty alone.

Now, take all that into account and think how hard it would be for you to live your life normally and do your job well, never mind that your job is to bang in goals and entertain.

Never really rated him as a footballer anyway. Wasn't that over the moon when we got him. However, we have to empathise and show some compassion. We are all human.

At least there is reason for all those lacklustre performances for us and everyone else.
He had untold shit going on and he hasn't the strength to handle it. I don't know if he has sought professional help for the trauma he suffered. If not, I suggest that he does.
His career is coming to an end and it may help him to end it happily. It will also give him a better quality of life after football.

Teddy, Klinsmann, Berba, Bale all wanted to move, but we have finally found a forward that loves it here. No, not Harry, but Ade - Say he's a Yido, he's a Yido!

Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor rubbishes talk of move to Turkey
But the former Woolwich and Manchester City striker has taken to Twitter to reaffirm his commitment to Spurs and dismiss the Turkish reports.

"For the record, I have seen some articles regarding a transfer to teams in Turkey," he wrote.

"I can confirm I have never heard of Mehdi Isik who has said he is my agent and have never discussed any move to Turkey.

"I am very happy with Tottenham and look forward to the next season with them."
Who would not look forward to 150k a week for doing fuck all!

Teddy, Klinsmann, Berba, Bale all wanted to move, but we have finally found a forward that loves it here. No, not Harry, but Ade - Say he's a Yido, he's a Yido!

Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor rubbishes talk of move to Turkey
But the former Woolwich and Manchester City striker has taken to Twitter to reaffirm his commitment to Spurs and dismiss the Turkish reports.

"For the record, I have seen some articles regarding a transfer to teams in Turkey," he wrote.

"I can confirm I have never heard of Mehdi Isik who has said he is my agent and have never discussed any move to Turkey.

"I am very happy with Tottenham and look forward to the next season with them."
:dier::pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom