Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you come out and say you've thought about suicide, something's not right regardless of if you meant it or not. It's a cry for help, help on what sort of level we can only speculate, but it's obvious Adebayor is not well in one way or another.
It's not uncommon for footballers that has come from owning nothing, not even education, to all of a sudden owning millions and being under constant public scrutiny to go nuts.
They don't know how to handle themselves, they've never been taught to not spend wildly and vulgarly.

I've seen a family torn apart of a sudden influx of money myself. They were, to put it kindly, not very academically blessed... however, the father won about £10m pounds in a lottery and hell broke loose. They were able to handle it for about a week before turning on each other. What was supposed to bring them everything they ever wanted brought them utter despair and totally crashed all relations in their family.

Anyone can become rich, but it's the educated and self aware that stay rich for generations.

Maybe they should keep him at the club as a motivational coach for the youngsters... as an example of how NOT to abuse the privileged lifestyle you've become so accustomed to!

Would anyone like to consider that this all started years ago, so could well explain Ade's behaviour over the years? Very high highs, very low lows scream manic depressive to me. Hardly his fault clubs like ours throw money at him. Anyone in here ever turned down a pay rise?

I'm just saying that we should
Maybe err on the side of caution here and go with innocent until proven guilty.

Would anyone like to consider that this all started years ago, so could well explain Ade's behaviour over the years? Very high highs, very low lows scream manic depressive to me. Hardly his fault clubs like ours throw money at him. Anyone in here ever turned down a pay rise?

I'm just saying that we should
Maybe err on the side of caution here and go with innocent until proven guilty.

I have turned down a pay rise. A former company I was at wanted to keep me from going to the opposition but I chose to leave on less money.

Anyway. Would you justify him being a cunt because he broke a leg? Of course not. Let's just imagine he does have a condition. That's a pretty big leap for me but anyway, just suppose he does. Why does that give him a pass for being a complete self absorbed only in it for himself merc?

You know as well as I do all the shit excuses he gave for never turning up for a pre season, is that because he may have had a condition? Or was it that he just fancied a few more weeks in the sun?

All the aggro and arrogance behind the scenes. All the lazy, disinterested performances, all down to some condition that has never been diagnosed before?

This geezer has no depth. There are no hidden layers apart from his greed. He's just trouble.

I never knew you had such a soft side Mr Deen.

Please tell me you aren't likening mental illness with a broken leg?

Not directly. But the hiding of mental illness behind some great unspoken taboo that everyone suffering from it must be treated with kid gloves is a very old fashioned idea. It's a condition that can be treated.

Allowing people from suffering it to use it as a crutch and an excuse is more damaging to them in the long run. I've got a mate who's really going through the wringer atm but he hates it when he gets sympathetic nods and sighs and avoiding eyes than someone actually treating him like a functioning human being with a condition and giving him a normal work load.

Please tell me you are not absolving Adebeyor of all his infractions because he may or may not have a condition?

Not directly. But the hiding of mental illness behind some great unspoken taboo that everyone suffering from it must be treated with kid gloves is a very old fashioned idea. It's a condition that can be treated.

Allowing people from suffering it to use it as a crutch and an excuse is more damaging to them in the long run. I've got a mate who's really going through the wringer atm but he hates it when he gets sympathetic nods and sighs and avoiding eyes than someone actually treating him like a functioning human being with a condition and giving him a normal work load.

Please tell me you are not absolving Adebeyor of all his infractions because he may or may not have a condition?
I'm not absolving him. I'm not giving him an excuse. I am giving him a reason.

The very base level of a mental illness is that you probably don't know you have it. All you know is folk are cunts because they keep telling you to "cheer up". I'd say he didn't get help because he didn't think he needed any. Again, slightly different from a broken leg, when you know you need help when you can't fucking walk.

I'm not absolving him. I'm not giving him an excuse. I am giving him a reason.

The very base level of a mental illness is that you probably don't know you have it. All you know is folk are cunts because they keep telling you to "cheer up". I'd say he didn't get help because he didn't think he needed any. Again, slightly different from a broken leg, when you know you need help when you can't fucking walk.

I just think it's a huge leap of imagination to go from posting on Facebook my family are greedy bastards and I hate them to suddenly being a life long victim of mental illness.

I just think it's a huge leap of imagination to go from posting on Facebook my family are greedy bastards and I hate them to suddenly being a life long victim of mental illness.
I'd say it's a tiny wee step to be honest. I don't know anyone who has acted like that on FB, but I'd be worried about them if they did.

So, shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're talking about. :adestare:

I'd say it's a tiny wee step to be honest. I don't know anyone who has acted like that on FB, but I'd be worried about them if they did.

So, shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're talking about. :adestare:

Nope. That's not gonna happen. You know as much about mental illness in Adebeyour as I do. Pretty much less than nothing. Yet all of a sudden your an expert? do me a lemon mate.

Everything I have ever predicted about this twat has actually happened so I reckon I will carry on predicting he will be fine and continue to steal a living.

Nope. That's not gonna happen. You know as much about mental illness in Adebeyour as I do. Pretty much less than nothing. Yet all of a sudden your an expert? do me a lemon mate.

Everything I have ever predicted about this twat has actually happened so I reckon I will carry on predicting he will be fine and continue to steal a living.
Do what you are told, or I shall scold you.

Back
Top Bottom