Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe, but that's only because a lot of supporters are idiots. For the past two and a half seasons at least we've been discussing how bad the atmosphere is at the Lane during league matches. He comes out and says as much as suddenly it's him that's the villain. The same happened to AVB when he questioned the home support as well. Maybe they are just identifying the elephant in the room and it's the fans who don't want to have to stop and look in the mirror.
True, but when Adebayor makes comments about how [paraphrasing] "I don't need the fans", rightly or wrongly he's not exactly endearing himself to them. It's just more negativity.

I'd go nuts and then sing his name. He's only stated what most footballers think, the majority of them are mercenaries, he's no different.
There's pretty much zero loyalty in football.

My own opinion of Ade, if anyone gives a fuck, is that he's not a bad bloke. He's deeply lacking in emotional intelligence and could do with some psychotherapy, he does not give much thoughts to the fans and what they want- other than his own desire to be adored- but I think this kind of narcissism is quite natural for a footballer, bearing in mind their unusual lifestyle (everyone telling them they are wonderful since being very young, but only for one thing) and the fact they are not really given a chance to grow up. Also, he is from a totally different part of the world, and I think this contributes to his lack of understanding of the fan culture in Europe.

I know it's all about him, but I don't think he does it to actively piss us off. When I see Ade I just see a troubled person and whilst I don't clap him, I can't bring myself to feel any hatred or to boo him. I did always feel he'd be decent on loan but we should never have signed him, and I would definitely get rid of him if we could offload him.

Pretty much agree, although he probably brings more trouble around himself than he needs to, there is also a huge amount of mis-quoting or sneaky abridgement of what he says.

It's all a game. Everyone needs to play their part and pretend that there's no game regardless of the fact that everyone knows it's there

Who knows what that hell I'm talking about

Pretty much agree, although he probably brings more trouble around himself than he needs to, there is also a huge amount of mis-quoting or sneaky abridgement of what he says.

I love the myth that he only plays for a contract.

Quick question:

Last day of season....need a goal to beat arse to 4th. Ade gets it, 94th minute.

Do you go nuts, or do you stand there, arms folded, muttering "cunt, I wish someone else scored"..

Fair play if its option 2, but I will never understand it. Personally, I think you've waived your right to option 1.

What kind of stupid question is this?

If you're a fan you'd fucking celebrate, whether it was Kane, Cuntdebayor, an own goal backpass by Wilshere that Sceznsy mistimes or if it was an offside goal handled by Kaboul after punching Walcott which the ref didn't see.

Doesn't mean I need to be a fan of Adebayor. It's not about him, it's the result. We win.

He's still a cunt and I hope he leaves because overall he is a disruptive influence stealing wages. Now think before asking a useless question again.

What kind of stupid question is this?

The kind of question that might make all the people saying "Ade is not Spurs and he should fuck off the cunt and never wear the shirt again", think a little bit the next time they boo him or advocate booing him.

At the end of the day, if I felt that much animosity towards a player, Id feel a bit of a fucking tit celebrating when they scored. Or at least, it would feel tainted and spoil the win in some way.

Maybe you dont care...maybe you are happy to think someone is scum, but still be delighted to take what they can give you. Each to their own I suppose.

I would loan the cunt out to Carlisle with us picking up all his wages, might cost us 7m in wages but worth it to get him away from the lane.

Of course I would, I meant 4th seems to be a type of nirvana to some folk. I'd rather beat them in a cup final for example.
Or just how about any winner in the 94th minute? For 4th, a cup final, or even over West Brom next week. Either you're capable of appreciating that he's a Spurs player above all else, or you can't, I think is a fair interpretation of the question.

Back
Top Bottom