Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham news conference
Tottenham v Leicester (Saturday, 15:00 GMT)

Posted at15:05

Manager Mauricio Pochettino was coy when asked about any transfer movement this month, saying only "you never know in football".

But he was more forthcoming on the subject of Spurs fans booing Emmanuel Adebayor. "All players need to feel the support from the stands from our supporters," he said.

I am patiently waiting for the following post:

Poch is hardly going to say "YEEEEAAAAH BOO HIM" even though thats what he wants the fans to do deep down

Tottenham news conference
Tottenham v Leicester (Saturday, 15:00 GMT)

Posted at15:05

Manager Mauricio Pochettino was coy when asked about any transfer movement this month, saying only "you never know in football".

But he was more forthcoming on the subject of Spurs fans booing Emmanuel Adebayor. "All players need to feel the support from the stands from our supporters," he said.
Yeah, but Poch is hardly going to say "YEEEEAAAAH BOO HIM", even though that's what he wants the fans to do deep down!

Last edited:
Think the boo boys have made their point now. Time to focus on backing the team.

If you can't bring yourself to cheer him, then just don't cheer him. Booing your own players is next level gooner behaviour. And yet it's often the 'old skool, 'I saw stevie perryman give his all' type fans that will sink the lowest.

Same people will be going nuts with joy were he to score in the NLD or in the league cup final. Or indeed in any match.

My own opinion of Ade, if anyone gives a fuck, is that he's not a bad bloke. He's deeply lacking in emotional intelligence and could do with some psychotherapy, he does not give much thoughts to the fans and what they want- other than his own desire to be adored- but I think this kind of narcissism is quite natural for a footballer, bearing in mind their unusual lifestyle (everyone telling them they are wonderful since being very young, but only for one thing) and the fact they are not really given a chance to grow up. Also, he is from a totally different part of the world, and I think this contributes to his lack of understanding of the fan culture in Europe.

I know it's all about him, but I don't think he does it to actively piss us off. When I see Ade I just see a troubled person and whilst I don't clap him, I can't bring myself to feel any hatred or to boo him. I did always feel he'd be decent on loan but we should never have signed him, and I would definitely get rid of him if we could offload him.

My own opinion of Ade, if anyone gives a fuck, is that he's not a bad bloke. He's deeply lacking in emotional intelligence and could do with some psychotherapy, he does not give much thoughts to the fans and what they want- other than his own desire to be adored- but I think this kind of narcissism is quite natural for a footballer, bearing in mind their unusual lifestyle (everyone telling them they are wonderful since being very young, but only for one thing) and the fact they are not really given a chance to grow up. Also, he is from a totally different part of the world, and I think this contributes to his lack of understanding of the fan culture in Europe.

I know it's all about him, but I don't think he does it to actively piss us off. When I see Ade I just see a troubled person and whilst I don't clap him, I can't bring myself to feel any hatred or to boo him. I did always feel he'd be decent on loan but we should never have signed him, and I would definitely get rid of him if we could offload him.

He has a clear history of this type of behaviour. If a recruiter or HR person saw that you had a history of going off the boil and being unproductive after 6 months of being employed, what they recruit you? No they wouldn't, not even for 1k a week. Adebayor is on 100k+ a week. He goes back home catches malaria, he goes back home his brother dies, he goes back home because he says his mother is uing witch craft, he goes back home for the AFCON.Sorry at some point he has to put the fucking club who is paying his wages first.And that is spurs, he isn't doing his job.

He has a clear history of this type of behaviour. If a recruiter or HR person saw that you had a history of going off the boil and being unproductive after 6 months of being employed, what they recruit you? No they wouldn't, not even for 1k a week. Adebayor is on 100k+ a week. He goes back home catches malaria, he goes back home his brother dies, he goes back home because he says his mother is uing witch craft, he goes back home for the AFCON.Sorry at some point he has to put the fucking club who is paying his wages first.And that is spurs, he isn't doing his job.
I agree mate. And I think we should never have signed him for that very reason...he was/is trouble and though brilliant on his day, is not worth it (especially on those wages) because his "day" is less than half the time. But, as I said, I don't feel any hatred for him.

Not wishing to defend his antics, but he was no worse than anyone else yesterday so if they are not singled out, really Ade should not be. Kaboul probably deserved a much bigger coating yesterday than Ade.

If you want to blame anyone, look @ the chap in the Director's box. He thought it was a good idea to employ a player with Ade's track record. Like a lot of other appointments this guy made, this has not worked. Blaming the player lets Super Dan & the mob off the hook, AGAIN

Ade an enigma for sure

Some lovely moments in a Spurs shirt. Some absolute shit moments in a spurs shirt. Definitely an uneven run at the club.

Either way, obviously time to move on for both parties sake. The sooner the better.

Not wishing to defend his antics, but he was no worse than anyone else yesterday so if they are not singled out, really Ade should not be. Kaboul probably deserved a much bigger coating yesterday than Ade.

If you want to blame anyone, look @ the chap in the Director's box. He thought it was a good idea to employ a player with Ade's track record. Like a lot of other appointments this guy made, this has not worked. Blaming the player lets Super Dan & the mob off the hook, AGAIN
he's not being booed for performances though. if he was half the players out there would be. it's because many are sick of him and refuse to accept him any longer. i know loads won't agree with the reasoning but it is what it is.

he's not being booed for performances though. if he was half the players out there would be. it's because many are sick of him and refuse to accept him any longer. i know loads won't agree with the reasoning but it is what it is.

Quick question:

Last day of season....need a goal to beat arse to 4th. Ade gets it, 94th minute.

Do you go nuts, or do you stand there, arms folded, muttering "cunt, I wish someone else scored"..

Fair play if its option 2, but I will never understand it. Personally, I think you've waived your right to option 1.

The fans have turned on Ade because they feel that he's turned on them, rightly or wrongly. At the very least the man has an atrocious grasp on how his words are interpreted by supporters.

We're used to strikers blowing hot and cold, if it were purely down to performances then the supporters would be booing Soldado every time he has appeared, but that man has at least shown that he has worked his balls off trying to make amends, whereas the endless farce in the Adebayor saga sees him in the media blaming his lack of performance on "juju and witchcraft."

Poor old Bentaleb, best he find a new club before fans boo him for playing for his country in AFCON. Fucking hell!

The fans have turned on Ade because they feel that he's turned on them, rightly or wrongly. At the very least the man has an atrocious grasp on how his words are interpreted by supporters.
Maybe, but that's only because a lot of supporters are idiots. For the past two and a half seasons at least we've been discussing how bad the atmosphere is at the Lane during league matches. He comes out and says as much as suddenly it's him that's the villain. The same happened to AVB when he questioned the home support as well. Maybe they are just identifying the elephant in the room and it's the fans who don't want to have to stop and look in the mirror.

Quick question:

Last day of season....need a goal to beat arse to 4th. Ade gets it, 94th minute.

Do you go nuts, or do you stand there, arms folded, muttering "cunt, I wish someone else scored"..

Fair play if its option 2, but I will never understand it. Personally, I think you've waived your right to option 1.
i'm not even gonna pretend i wouldn't celebrate...

Back
Top Bottom