Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly can't see the problem in Ade's defence, seems a big hooha about nothing, all turning a bit skysports here with the 'drama'. Defiantly think he is suffering with the second season syndrome every club has warned us about though.

It was standing room only would you get on that flight?
1349867555-0.jpg

:adeohshit: :ade:

Don't care anymore tbh he's back now, we won today, not a problem any more.

I sort of feel ya..........But seriously, the dude makes so much bank on the Spurs dime.

Show some commitment FFS

Instead, its the same old bullshit w/ this mercenary.......I just have no stomach for it

Dempsey had a pretty poor game today, but he worked his arse off and still contributed..........And was coming off a full 90 in Honduras in a WCQ in the blazing sun on Wednesday (exactly 3 days earlier then Ade's final game)

So telling on the two and their commitment to the club. IMO

I sort of feel ya..........But seriously, the dude makes so much bank on the Spurs dime.

Show some commitment FFS

Instead, its the same old bullshit w/ this mercenary.......I just have no stomach for it

Dempsey had a pretty poor game today, but he worked his arse off and still contributed..........And was coming off a full 90 in Honduras in a WCQ in the blazing sun on Wednesday (exactly 3 days earlier then Ade's final game)

So telling on the two and their commitment to the club. IMO

I don't think the comparison can be put in such simplistic terms, we are talking about human beings, their motivations are not so easily separated and compartmentalised as saying Ade is a lazy fuck and Dempsey is a workhorse.

You need to consider that last time Adebayor was together with his Togo team mates they got shot to shit in a bus, some of them were wounded some of them were killed. So it's easy to see the the ACN was going to be an emotional time for him and the other players. The fact that there was this kerfuffle over travel shows they were nervy. From what I have read Ade took responsibility for the team and paid for them all to get home safely.

To me that sounds like a bloody honourable thing to do. Whichever way you look at it, even if they were over reacting and they could have got back earlier, these guys have been through a lot and must have a bond. He must feel a strong responsibility for them.

So yeah, he's back now, he put in a pretty good performance when he came on, and for me made a good contribution to our second goal by blocking off Steven Taylor. Perhaps his experience of going to ACN and being that leader in the Togo squad has given him a boost, that leg up in his confidence that he is going to need to lead our line for the next few games.

Some people are acting like he vanished off to south america to play golf for three months...

carlos-tevez-playing-golf.jpg

Ade hasn't done this, he had some injuries followed by poor early form for us at the beginning of the season, he then got banned for three games, then he went to represent his country for a while. Now he's back, looks like he's going to play and contribute, let's not make a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

He gets payed over 100k a week. If he had second thoughts about the safety of the travel he shouldn't have gone. He should be getting back as soon as possible. Every 7 days he makes 100 thousand pounds. Get on the damn plane Monday and be in training by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

He gets payed over 100k a week. If he had second thoughts about the safety of the travel he shouldn't have gone. He should be getting back as soon as possible. Every 7 days he makes 100 thousand pounds. Get on the damn plane Monday and be in training by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

What difference should this make? He's a professional at the club the same as any of the other professionals at the club. If Jake Livermore was late by an hour or two would you let him off because he is on considerably less wages? Or simply because he isn't an ex Woolwich player with a reputation as a merc?

Money doesn't turn people into unfeeling robots. He's a human being for Christ sake, the club gave him the leave to return to the club on Friday. The rest of the first team were away on international duty anyway. There seems to have been little benefit with him being back any earlier than he was. The club gave him leave to return on Friday, he did. He may have been an hour or two late, but he hardly went AWOL.

What difference should this make? He's a professional at the club the same as any of the other professionals at the club. If Jake Livermore was late by an hour or two would you let him off because he is on considerably less wages?
No you deal with Livermore the same way you would deal with Ade. Shit I think this was my first negative post about Adebayor so I don't think of him as an ex gooner mercenary or anything. I can't imagine AVB was ok with this. He would have rather had Adebayor back Thursday and be in contention for the game Saturday. This is just about professionalism to me. He didnt check out of his hotel in South Africa until Wednesday FFS.

No you deal with Livermore the same way you would deal with Ade. Shit I think this was my first negative post about Adebayor so I don't think of him as an ex gooner mercenary or anything. I can't imagine AVB was ok with this. He would have rather had Adebayor back Thursday and be in contention for the game Saturday. This is just about professionalism to me. He didnt check out of his hotel in South Africa until Wednesday FFS.

I'm not trying to get at just you. It just seems that whenever Ade does something wrong everyone gets on his back.

I just think he gets a unnecessarily bad rep for being a mercenary.

I'm not trying to get at just you. It just seems that whenever Ade does something wrong everyone gets on his back.

I just think he gets a unnecessarily bad rep for being a mercenary.
I know what you mean but this whole AFCON thing has left a bad taste, not just this last week. The whole "I'm not going, I'm going, pay me, ok I'm going now" gave Adebayor haters some ammunition. Hasn't handled this whole thing well IMO but I think that's all behind him and he should be good to go for the rest of the season.

It wasn't "pay me." It was "you promised the whole squad bonuses and didn't pay them, so as the most high-profile member of the team, I'm going to retire until you start honouring your financial commitments."

It wasn't "pay me." It was "you promised the whole squad bonuses and didn't pay them, so as the most high-profile member of the team, I'm going to retire until you start honouring your financial commitments."
I was more saying that from the Adebayor hater perspective. I knew it wasn't just a money grab or anything. It's just how the average fan (what the media tells them) is going to remember it.

Back
Top Bottom