Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's you agreeing with it:

Untitled.png

Lol jesus man, top notch forum investigative work you've got going here. A bit over the top but fine, you got me... I suppose I liked a comment that basically said the same thing I indicated later on: this flame war is pointless. Because, ultimately, Tottenham Hotspur F.C.'s decision > CJJ's opinion.

And yes, if Ade does have a sick family member, it's fairly shitty of us to be arguing over it.

Lol jesus man, top notch forum investigative work you've got going here. A bit over the top but fine, you got me... I suppose I liked a comment that basically said the same thing I indicated later on: this flame war is pointless. Because, ultimately, Tottenham Hotspur F.C.'s decision > CJJ's opinion.

And yes, if Ade does have a sick family member, it's fairly shitty of us to be arguing over it.

You quoted his posted with a load of up arrows, it didn't take much investigation tbh.

No one is arguing over a sick family member - so far I've heard that he's got a sick family member or he's gone to see his mum, whilst some people on here are criticising posters because someone he knows is dead. I've said before, if it's anything bad then he has my sympathy, but there's no point in anyone sensationalising the unknown.

I certainly never cared about anything except people making up or distorting facts in order to take a holier-than-thou attitude - same shit that's in the soldado thread.

You quoted his posted with a load of up arrows, it didn't take much investigation tbh.

No one is arguing over a sick family member - so far I've heard that he's got a sick family member or he's gone to see his mum, whilst some people on here are criticising posters because someone he knows is dead. I've said before, if it's anything bad then he has my sympathy, but there's no point in anyone sensationalising the unknown.

I certainly never cared about anything except people making up or distorting facts in order to take a holier-than-thou attitude - same shit that's in the soldado thread.

There's no point in slating him for the unknown, either. It's far from holier-than-thou to suggest it be dropped because the club has already said it's okay for him to be away.

I'm curious as to what stats are being distorted in the Soldado thread-- seems to me all anyone is saying is that his run of form since he's been here has made him painful to watch. Yesterday was more of the same. We all hope he'll come good, but he just hasn't.

There's no point in slating him for the unknown, either. It's far from holier-than-thou to suggest it be dropped because the club has already said it's okay for him to be away.

It's not slating him for the unknown, it's frustration that we need someone scoring and so far this season ,from what we've heard, it's been malaria, Juju, dressing room disruptions against newcastle, fights with kane and a player looking nothing like last seasons Ade.

It's a dodgy move by the club (or himself) to not explain why he's gone as all that will only cause fans to get in a flap and speculate.

You can't really say people are wrong for feeling let down, as it's been weeks of poor results whilst all the stories have been negative ones.

I'm curious as to what stats are being distorted in the Soldado thread-- seems to me all anyone is saying is that his run of form since he's been here has made him painful to watch. Yesterday was more of the same. We all hope he'll come good, but he just hasn't.

Well we've had Gibbs mk2 ignoring goals because he didn't feel they were justified and games being counted that they guy didn't even play in. I'm sure it's painful enough for most of us to see the fall from grace, but how is it helping us to look anything except more idiotic when you have our own fans taking the piss out of the guy?

It's not slating him for the unknown, it's frustration that we need someone scoring and so far this season ,from what we've heard, it's been malaria, Juju, dressing room disruptions against newcastle, fights with kane and a player looking nothing like last seasons Ade.

It's a dodgy move by the club (or himself) to not explain why he's gone as all that will only cause fans to get in a flap and speculate.

You can't really say people are wrong for feeling let down, as it's been weeks of poor results whilst all the stories have been negative ones.

Well we've had Gibbs mk2 ignoring goals because he didn't feel they were justified and games being counted that they guy didn't even play in. I'm sure it's painful enough for most of us to see the fall from grace, but how is it helping us to look anything except more idiotic when you have our own fans taking the piss out of the guy?

I haven't been following whoever Gibbs MK2 is so I can't really speak to that. I think Spurs look pretty idiotic having spent a large sum of money for a striker that has produced next to nothing. I imagine any other club's fans would be as disappointed and frustrated as we are. He's been given ample time to justify being included in the team, but hasn't really produced. Like Pauli, seems it would just be better for both parties if he moved on and we brought in, at the very least, a premier-league-proven striker.

As far as Ade goes, it seems like it's a private matter. The club and Ade likely want to keep it that way. Yes his form has been frustrating, but again-- if the club says it's okay, there's not much we can do or say about it.

The reason for his absence is well known and I for one hope it's sorted sooner rather than later.

As his Brother noted "'[Emmanuel] has been brainwashed by these Muslim alfas - spiritual men - who prophesise when he scores goals and why he is not playing well"

I think I might be an "alfa" too, as I can prophesise he won't score against decent opposition....

Jokes aside if it's "serious" I hope he gets the outcome that is most positive to the situation. While most of us would struggle to get a day off for a funeral of a close relative ( my experience ) it's good to see that Spurs appear, on the face of it, to have decent regard for their employees.

However, we have kind of been here before with Adebayor, which creates the ill feelings and suspicion that all is not as it seems, suspicion that's added to by not giving any real reason what's going on.

Would Gerrard miss a string of Liverpool games & liverpool not clearly explain why ? Maybe it's the same "mystery" affecting Mel B on X Factor :) it's very "serious" but we won't tell you why....

Last edited:
"He will not be considered for tomorrow," coach Mauricio Pochettino is quoted as saying. "He only started again yesterday to train and after one week away it is impossible to be ready to play tomorrow."

....What the fucking bollocking tossing cunting hell is going on here ? Been away a few days ( not a week ) he's back in training & yet not being picked at all in a (fairly ) big game ?

"... I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble"

"He will not be considered for tomorrow," coach Mauricio Pochettino is quoted as saying. "He only started again yesterday to train and after one week away it is impossible to be ready to play tomorrow."

....What the fucking bollocking tossing cunting hell is going on here ? Been away a few days ( not a week ) he's back in training & yet not being picked at all in a (fairly ) big game ?

"... I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble"
The official line is that since we last saw him he's been injured, sick and then in Ghana to "fix" something (Poch's words). If that's true it would make sense that he's not match fit. However, considering last year's issues with AVB, the incident after the Newcastle game (which has been widely reported in decent papers), plus the recent rumours and "itk"..I'm not so sure Poch is being entirely truthful here. There's no denying we've seen massive changes in the team selection after the Stoke game and I think Ade is out of favor at the moment.

The official line is that since we last saw him he's been injured, sick and then in Ghana to "fix" something (Poch's words). If that's true it would make sense that he's not match fit. However, considering last year's issues with AVB, the incident after the Newcastle game (which has been widely reported in decent papers), plus the recent rumours and "itk"..I'm not so sure Poch is being entirely truthful here. There's no denying we've seen massive changes in the team selection after the Stoke game and I think Ade is out of favor at the moment.
What happened after Newcastle game ? Was that a row between the "senior" squad members like Kaboul & Ade ? Which has seen them benched ?

What happened after Newcastle game ? Was that a row between the "senior" squad members like Kaboul & Ade ? Which has seen them benched ?
It's been reported several places that he invited a few Newcastle players to our changing room and seemed not so bothered about the defeat, having a laugh with them, which reportedly pissed off several of our players.

It's been reported several places that he invited a few Newcastle players to our changing room and seemed not so bothered about the defeat, having a laugh with them, which reportedly pissed off several of our players.
proof ? :carrollwtf:

no, but on a serious note. i hate that he plays for Spurs. I have that automatic love for everyone who waer our shirt ( not shitting, i would even love khumalo if he ever gets the chance to pee in our big boys sand), but my brain still dont like him. i wish he'd leave.:adebaehug:

proof ? :carrollwtf:

no, but on a serious note. i hate that he plays for Spurs. I have that automatic love for everyone who waer our shirt ( not shitting, i would even love khumalo if he ever gets the chance to pee in our big boys sand), but my brain still dont like him. i wish he'd leave.:adebaehug:
Of course it can't be proven, but seems to be in the same category as the AVB "take off your hat/apologise in front of the others"- incident.

Back
Top Bottom