Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not suggesting he's the answer, but I also don't really see the point in having guys who can win headers on the wings.

I don't either. We should have a packed midfield because that is where our talent lies. Not beating our head against an old school (Harry voice) 4-4-whats the scower?

I don't either. We should have a packed midfield because that is where our talent lies. Not beating our head against an old school (Harry voice) 4-4-whats the scower?

That, to me, suggests a tiki-taka game rather than the pass and break football we've played under Redknapp in the past (that is defensively vunerable).

Question is, do we have any hope of a manager who can develop and introduce that style?

I don't know if Lennon is quite justified to the scrap heap, but maybe that's sentimentality and I guess I can see your point in that we perhaps need to make a transition away from the spurs of the late 00's if we are going to make a serious effort in the league.

wow, you really are blind to anything positive aren't you.

And you are blind to the soft rotten core of this club. Lennon didn't want to come here, was homesick for Leeds, ended up pissing his talent away with Bentley, Hudd etc and became a caricature of modern, thick entitled footballers.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-09.49.06-570x357.png

I was doing cartwheels when Hudd and Defoe were shipped out, and I'll do the same when Lennon mugs off some other manager.

That, to me, suggests a tiki-taka game rather than the pass and break football we've played under Redknapp in the past (that is defensively vunerable).

Nope. I suggest swallow souls and impose our will because we have a potential team of BEASTS. Then then when the op is broken Eriksen, Lamela, Ade and co can pick the lock instead of idiots like Lennon. hell we may even score from corners and set pieces!

It won't be as pretty, but the Tottenham Way has kept us out of the title hunt for over half a century. Tika tacka with our team would only happen in the final third because that is what Lamela and Eriksen can do along with Ade. Holtby can get more games because he would backup either AM.

Nope. I suggest swallow souls and impose our will because we have a potential team of BEASTS. Then then when the op is broken Eriksen, Lamela, Ade and co can pick the lock instead of idiots like Lennon. hell we may even score from corners and set pieces!

It won't be as pretty, but the Tottenham Way has kept us out of the title hunt for over half a century.

Sounds like we are getting Pulis then?

:troll:

He's five foot midget ffs, of course he's going to lose 80% of headers, because 90% of the other players in the prem are taller than him. So one could easily interpret that he's doing 10% better than he should be.

This is the problem with stats, they don't tell a story people interpret them as they see fit.

Peter crouch probably 'wins' 80% of his headers, but most of them come to nothing so what does that stat tell anyone? diddly squat.

This 'soft spurs' (which I would pre-suppose is a term you have created for your own benefit) could be attributed to a myriad of reasons, some of which any one of us can mention but that no-one will ever really be able to speak definitively with any authority about because people are complicated things. Stats lie, people lie, people are inspirations and people are stupid.

You are casting assertions on one of our players, I dislike that notion. I equally object to your equation of 80% losing headers = not trying = needs to be told to try = would rather be going and getting shitfaced. Because ostensibly you are taking a pure isolated stat and bending it to fit 'your truth'. That is the domain of 8 year olds, politicians and internet dunces.
I had to give up - it was like arguing with a ping pong ball
I have the turkey on ignore and my life is so much more pleasant already.

I had to give up - it was like arguing with a ping pong ball
I have the turkey on ignore and my life is so much more pleasant already.
I thought he had some valid points of view, to say he is a turkey is a bit rough, after all we are all supporters arnt we?

I thought he had some valid points of view, to say he is a turkey is a bit rough, after all we are all supporters arnt we?
I have given up reading his stuff now, and zoned out after ploughing through the earlier stuff - its simplistic and child like attempted analysis that relies on stats and a lack of imagination. It also reads like it comes from someone who has little or no experience of playing the game, or someone who understands simple human dynamics multiplied out by 2x11and add 3.
he also comes across as a bit of a cock when he says dumb shit like Lennon doesn't win enough headers. Throw in his silly use of homespun buzzwords and it all becomes unreadable tripe
IMHO

And you are blind to the soft rotten core of this club. Lennon didn't want to come here, was homesick for Leeds, ended up pissing his talent away with Bentley, Hudd etc and became a caricature of modern, thick entitled footballers.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-09.49.06-570x357.png

I was doing cartwheels when Hudd and Defoe were shipped out, and I'll do the same when Lennon mugs off some other manager.

Aaron has a long finger..

Back
Top Bottom