#20 - Spurs... did this

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that's what you're after, you've missed the point of TFC
I listen to alot of podcasts and I know what my preference is, namely for well thought out delivery from an articulate and well informed individual rather than some of the bullocks heard spewing from the other wanna be lovies.

What is the point of TFC if it's not to try and satisfy the ego's of some of the crew, who seem more intent on trying to forge themselves a career from 'internet celebrity' into mainstream Tottenham consciousness rather than delivering quality podcasting and information.

Work on the basics and the podcast wouldn't need to be begging for contributions, if they had an ounce of focus, they would make better use of the clearly talented team of individuals involved, including the graphic designer, content contributors and the previous sound engineer. There's some good elements but much of the substance comes from Windy.

With a better understanding of the business of running a new media supporters club, the guys behind TFC could very easily and quickly increase their listenership and subsequently develop their ability to monetise better, so the project is financially self sufficient, thereby enabling them to develop their concept.

My main criticism is the lack of development and drop in substance and the reason I single out Windy for praise is because of his consistency.

With their 1882 movement they have alot of potential, first and foremost they are more in tune with the younger generation and newer followers of Spurs fans, not just as a resource but also as an accessible channel by which supporters can connect with their team.

I think I have a pretty decent understanding of this entire movement from afar and I think I'm giving objective and constructive criticism. To give it a Hip Hop analogy, I understand that for instance Public Enemy wouldn't be what they were without the clowning of Flavor Flav but the substance and deliveries of Chuck D engaged you, whilst the order of Prof Griff and the S1W's and the presence of Terminator X and production of the Shocklee's kept you interested. It's all about the ingredients and how best to mix them to keep them relevant year after year. Public Enemy without all these elements would have been X Clan and as good as X Clan were, they didn't achieve the same success of P.E.

Jesus Christ. I was going to try and come back but that Public Enemy reference was biblical.

Lucky I'm Chuck D.

This isn't radio, it's not TV. It's not a career. It's not a money making scheme and it isn't a vanity driven endeavour. It's a fucking podcast and if we want to turn up every week and talk bollocks then that's exactly what we'll do. We don't answer to anyone. That's the beauty of podcasting. There isn't a quality control element. There never has been with us. It's nice of you to notice that's the case but I guess the aim isn't to hit a particular market and take advantage of it. We talk about Spurs like we do on here, on blogs, in the pub, on social media. We just happen to record it and share it. If you like it you listen to it.

Podcasting means you can more or less get away with saying whatever the fuck you want. If we start conforming, then that's when it starts to degrade on a personal level.

Fin.

Back
Top Bottom