1882 announcement: Tottenham v Asteras Tripoli – Block 35

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NORTH LONDON IS BLUE AND WHITE!
"FUCK OFF YOU SCUM IN RED ... TOTTENHAM .... TOTTENHAM!"

Just watched the whole game, and everything aside, that chant is EPIC!

Lamela's that goal ... Wowzer!
And his celebrations ... him running to the fans and kissing the badge ... I'm fainting.

Striker, Captain, Keeper, Yiddo ... Big Daddy Kane is on fire ... yet again.
And even though Kane conceded that goal, I really adored that moment seeing Kane as a goalie.

This was a thoroughly enjoying game. I honestly loved it!

Btw ...

:pochsmirk:

He wore that in Chicago too, the kid only has one shirt bless him, starving student

Good to have you back Clash, enjoy the troll free zone mate
Cheers Mensa lad - I've really enjoyed reading the match thread - plenty of great humour and positivity, as at the ground. Mental game, I haven't enjoyed a match at the Lane as much as that for a long time. Everyone was on it. Great song leading and good to meet JDK JDK - we looked at each other in astonishment after the Lamela goal - neither of us quite sure what we'd seen. :lamelashock:

It was fun to be a Spurs fan tonight.

Last edited:
We have slow CB's in Kaboul, Vertonghen & Fazio, even Dier is not too fast and has had a speed coach in his career, and if we are playing this style of defending with our type of CB it's imperative that we are at least organised.
It was an inevitability that Hugo would get caught one way or the other. The law of averages says that.

Kaboul is one of the quickest defenders in the Premier league. He certainly is not slow (I agree about the others).

Cheers Mensa lad - I've really enjoyed reading the match thread - plenty of great humour and positivity, as at the ground. Mental game, I haven't enjoyed a match at the Lane as much as that for a long time. Everyone was on it. Great song leading and good to meet JDK JDK - we looked at each other in astonishment after the Lamela goal - neither of us quite sure what we'd seen. :lamelashock:

It was fun to be a Spurs fan tonight.

Terrific I was proud of all of you there you could sense the positivity from block 35, the way football should be, real fans going to an unfashionable game instead of the pressure and moaning from the usual home support, it came across on TV, and glad you had such a great game to watch with everything, I bet its been a while since one like that, I sadly came back for west brom!!

Most of what came across through the tv for me with the Spanish commentary was "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!"

Just got caught up on the match and.... what a bunch of beautiful fucking nonsense that was. Best moment was the Kane howler in goal obviously! #ShouldneverplayforSpursagain

ITV's coverage is such low quality blurry shite that it took me a full minute or so to realise what Lamela had done. And there I was, mere seconds before that goal, begging for him to keep it simple and do the basics right. Woof!

At the Eurostar now waiting for the train. Thank you to everyone doing 1882 stuff, it matters. Great night all round, felt like a European night. I will certainly be back for Brighton.

Back
Top Bottom