Étienne Capoue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

article-2569652-0E01A4E500000578-668_634x367.jpg

I want this back!

Just to prove football players have always had shit haircuts, here's Gazza's hair extention that lasted about a week before he saw sense. What was he thinking? Can you make me look like that twat from Simply Red.

h_00323283.jpg

And King of the comb overs Ralph Coates

ralph_coates_fan420-1.jpg

So was at WHL last night watching the U21 game against Pool. IMO Capoue stunk the place out, he was the worst player on the park. Not sure he made a tackle, not sure he completed a pass, when ever he was closed down he lost possession of the ball or was forced into making a mistake.

When a player is out of the first team and the current first team is not playing well it is easy to ask questions about the managers selections e.g. Why is Capaoue not playing instead of Mason or Bentaleb. I have questioned why he has been frozen out myself. Well, on last nights performance it was clear to see why he was not been selected he was shit.

The only possible slack I'm prepared to give him is if he has been injured and he is coming back from it, the guy I sat next to told me he had been injured. I have no idea if he had any insider knowledge to Capoue's fitness but I wasn't aware of any injury but appreciate there can be smoke and mirrors at play surrounding fitness of players.

So was at WHL last night watching the U21 game against Pool. IMO Capoue stunk the place out, he was the worst player on the park. Not sure he made a tackle, not sure he completed a pass, when ever he was closed down he lost possession of the ball or was forced into making a mistake.

When a player is out of the first team and the current first team is not playing well it is easy to ask questions about the managers selections e.g. Why is Capaoue not playing instead of Mason or Bentaleb. I have questioned why he has been frozen out myself. Well, on last nights performance it was clear to see why he was not been selected he was shit.

The only possible slack I'm prepared to give him is if he has been injured and he is coming back from it, the guy I sat next to told me he had been injured. I have no idea if he had any insider knowledge to Capoue's fitness but I wasn't aware of any injury but appreciate there can be smoke and mirrors at play surrounding fitness of players.

Doesn't sound good, but thanks for the write-up mate. Anyone impress? Anyone in particular at fault for the goals? Ehiogu not impressed in his post-match interview!

“It was really disappointing,” said coach Ugo. “We gifted the goals away with poor decision making at the back. We want to play out but sometimes we have to look at the position we’re in, make a judgement and deal with it and we didn’t do that well.

“The players are all gutted and the staff as well because to get beaten on our own turf, convincingly as well - I thought Liverpool were better than us on the night - was really disappointing.

“We used some choice phrases after the game and the biggest thing is the players now have to learn from it. If they do, we can take it on the chin. They have to be man enough to take that criticism, to reflect and make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Doesn't sound good, but thanks for the write-up mate. Anyone impress? Anyone in particular at fault for the goals? Ehiogu not impressed in his post-match interview!

“It was really disappointing,” said coach Ugo. “We gifted the goals away with poor decision making at the back. We want to play out but sometimes we have to look at the position we’re in, make a judgement and deal with it and we didn’t do that well.

“The players are all gutted and the staff as well because to get beaten on our own turf, convincingly as well - I thought Liverpool were better than us on the night - was really disappointing.

“We used some choice phrases after the game and the biggest thing is the players now have to learn from it. If they do, we can take it on the chin. They have to be man enough to take that criticism, to reflect and make sure it doesn’t happen again.”
On the whole we were not at the levels we have been earlier in the year, by that I mean on the front foot, moving the ball fast with 1 and 2 touches through midfield. In the first half Liverpool played like the first team of last year. They pressed as a collective, and very quickly, we couldn't live with that and we should have been at least 2 down in first 5 mins. Luke McGee's poor kick/pass resulted in the 1st goal, don't want to single him out totally as the back 4 and midfield need to work hard to show for the ball when being pressed, they didn't they hid, but McGee should have shown better vision and just hoofed the ball out of danger. Liverpool's shape in the press was very impressive, they ran a 3 men in line press at an angle that blocked off all passing channels resulting in us conceding possession at every occasion. 2nd half their shape in defence was excellent and they were happy for us to have the ball a create little.

So those who were down on performance were Onomah worst game I have seen him play, very confused what position he was playing, looked like a free role moving between DM and No.10????? Maybe this was done to Capoue's presence. Walker-Peters who I see as a very attack minded full-back, didn't attack until late into 2nd half (last 10mins or so), first half don't recall him getting over halfway line. Carter-Vickers worst I've seen him play all season, he was NOT calamitous but he couldn't deal with their CF who made a point of being glued to him all game meant we couldn't pass out from the back and often he was forced to turn back pass back to keeper, my be Maghoma should have stepped up acted as the "CB on the ball" hard to tell if he has this in his locker. He also let the ball bounce in-front of him at least twice which is a CB's rule number 1 no no.

Those that impressed me were Winks he was the only player in the first half who played with energy, always showing for the ball, trying to create something and take on players. Very surprised Ehiogu subbed him early in 2nd half. I really liked Miller, everything he did in the first half didn't come off, passes were astray or not accurate but he has something special, I like a player who can pass with the outside of the boot and is brave enough to do that in a competitive match even if nothing is coming off for you. Like Winks, he was trying to take players on. His bravery was rewarded in the 2nd half when he started to find his man (still using outside of his boot), his take-ons were also coming off. Whilst we didn't create much but what we did was coming through him, he linked up very well with Azzaoui when he came on. Azzaoui was not at his most threatening but I love this kid, he is a defenders nightmare, his first thought is to attack quickly, he has a little bit of stardust on his boots unlike by contrast McEvoy who I find a solid player but he is boring, rarely demonstrates any skill, an instep passer who is all very predictable.

So what's up with this guy?
Until October you talked about him like he was a clear cut starter.
Then, the only posts were about his hair or about the youth squad!?

WTF has happened since?

Its clear hes been told hes going ASAP in the window, hence why hes putting zero effort in... No real ne to from his POV i suspect.

I really don't understand what his issue is. When he first signed, up until he picked up an injury I thought he looked brilliant and was going to be a perfect replacement for Sandro.

Since then, when played, he's not been great but then he hasn't had all that many run outs. I think he seemed to have more games filling in at CB than at CM. But as mentioned above he was terrible for the 21s so perhaps his attitude/effort behind closed doors stinks.

I saw a cross bar challenge clip this week from an open training session and he was clowning around and making a big show of it which I like seeing if it shows togetherness but all I could think was "you aren't even making the bench and it doesn't look like you're the slightest bit pissed off".

Perhaps that's unfare but it makes me wonder just how motivated are these players to play? They earn ridiculous amounts of money regardless so what do they care if they don't get picked on a Weekend?

This is more evidence to the fact that we will be much better off focusing on young hungry players than the fringe internationals that are costing in the comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom