Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been out that long I've forgotten what he looks like. Cannot wait to have him back in the team.

seriously... how can you forget that face???
60288.jpg

Of course we need him back. I doubt he will go straight into the premiership team but at first play from the bench and in cup games. The same with Vertonghan, even if we have someone that can cover it means less options for the cup games and either a weaker team or overplaying our other players. Who knows who else may get injured or suspended. We need as many options as possible.

And if we have a fit, well rested Lamela to return to the squad hopefully, he hits form just when we need him. For the final quarter of the season. Lots of big games to come in the Cup, Europa and League.

Tomorrow he [Lamela] will have a scan. Still it is difficult to give the time that he can come back. We need to wait tomorrow because there is still some problems, and we are still not sure of the diagnosis.

"Now we start to be concerned about him because he is three months and still in a situation that has not moved on."

So his injury hasn't improved and he's already been out 3 months. What's the odds he will have to have surgery and will be out for the season?

One of the aspects of football that annoys me is the lack of transparency about injuries. In the U.S. the teams release very detailed injury information (i.e. partially torn right labrum), so there is usually a pretty good idea of when a player will return, but all we get with Lamela is "hip". Obviously the teams and the players have reasons for this, but it is frustrating as a fan.

Perhaps they had a diagnosis, but the failure to respond to treatment is making them take another look at if that diagnosis was wrong?
If he's not responded then he has probably had a diagnosis. Yet it could be that something else has developed which is preventing recovery.
I had a musculoskeletal problem that took ages to diagnose and then treat. Still not properly gone after years.
something is causing him discomfort, I don think it's a case of him not being able to do anything but the associated pain after.
Could be the way you walk, run, perform exercise, postural etc.
Didn't bale have hamstring problems caused by his back posture or something that went undiagnosed for ages and was figured out at Spurs? Something like that.
Heard he also had to stop driving certain cars as the driving position in the low slung seats caused hamstring injuries.

One of the aspects of football that annoys me is the lack of transparency about injuries. In the U.S. the teams release very detailed injury information (i.e. partially torn right labrum), so there is usually a pretty good idea of when a player will return, but all we get with Lamela is "hip". Obviously the teams and the players have reasons for this, but it is frustrating as a fan.
I think pochettino has said that putting times on returns causes more problems psychologically for the player. Everyone is different. Some heal quicker. When you have an injury you're already down without the added pressure of meeting comeback dates.
when you are ready you are ready.

Would like to hope it isn't a cover up and he truly is injured.
Rumours that he's homesick and has family issues - with his brother -and wants out.
Paul OKeefe and others twitter.
Had to say my first though when I heard he was going to Roma that it was the first step in him going back, then I'm cynical

You get the feeling Lamela worked harder than anyone to establish himself last season. He was just as important as anyone.

It must have been something devastating to his family if he wants to leave after all the work he put in. Especially since the club is playing so well.

Don't buy the family thing at all. Where are they, Argentina? So what - he wants to go play in Argentina so as to be closer to them? I don't think so. He's the big earner they'd come here

Back to Roma? Why is that better fir family reasons? hes been here as long as he was in Italy -

Lol, people saying he wants to leave. Bullshit imo.

‘Very happy’ Erik Lamela wants to sign a new deal at Tottenham

"Asked about his future, Lamela told Standard Sport: "I would like to [sign a new deal] because I am very happy here. I feel part of this team which is improving. I have a group of excellent team-mates and I feel very good around them."

"It would make me happy to play for more years in this shirt. Will I be the next to sign? Let's hope so"

This interview was in October. His injury came a little later, also in October. So let me get this straight; he does an interview, says he'd like a new contract, says he is happy here, says he wants to stay here for years....then he refuses to play and fakes injury and wants gone? Makes no sense.

"Lamela has been out for three months with what started out as a virus and then a back problem; and has since been referred to by Tottenham as a hip injury."

Something is going on for sure, but him wanting out? I don't buy it.

d54d84a0f079ba4b95fb5408db7247e5.png

"Difficult times for me but never give up."

He wants out? Put posts a picture 32 mins ago with him in a Spurs shirt, with a Spurs logo in the bottom? Aye, guy hates the club, clearly wants out.

Anyone remember 3 weeks ago when Alderweireld had the flu and every melter within a thousand miles thought he was leaving? Let's trust the club and Pochettino...

Back
Top Bottom