Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From wikipedia:
"An autological word (also called homological word or autonym) is a word that expresses a property that it also possesses (e.g. the word "short" is short, "noun" is a noun, "English" is English, "pentasyllabic" has five syllables, "word" is a word, "sesquipedalian" is a long word; see Wiktionary for a partial list). The opposite is a heterological word, one that does not apply to itself (e.g. "long" is not long, "verb" is not typically a verb, "monosyllabic" has five syllables, "German" is not German, etc.)."

:avbcringe::avbhumph:

Maybe my understanding of the term was a bit loose, I thought that it would include words that has the characteristic the word itself describes, it seems I might be wrong there.

Now I know it's americanisation in Oxford, but wouldn't it be fitting if it was americanization, just to make a point?

I'll grab my shame-coat...

I'm a former Marine. America has flaws but what doesn't (excluding Lamela, Obvi). I thirst for the day to go to London and watch my first spurs game live. COYS
Have to say one thing to you guys across the pond....

I went with all my family many many years ago to do the Florida tour. Including the old timers.
When we were at Sea World, before the whale show started, they asked for all the people that had served in any way to stand up and they got applauded by everyone.
You'd never get that in the UK.

What made it more memorable, was my Grandad (who hadn't served) standing up thinking he could cheekily get away with it cause of his age and my Grandma pulling him back down by his arm saying "sit down you silly sod" lol

erik_lamela_v_willian_head_to_head_tottenham_and_chelsea_stars_c_125750.jpg

Actually a decent shout for a comparison as well. Statistically Lamela had a solid season but the eye test says he needs to do more. I think he finished the season well, he remained competitive until game 38 and he had a bright period around his injury (pre- and post) with a long period of "meh" in between. I remain confident he'll blossom*.

*Or be sold for £20 mill:levyeyes:

Mourinho loves Willian because he's constantly pressuring the opposition high up the pitch, his work rate is insane.
... and his movement off the ball, making himself available, creating space and pulling defenders off position is very good too, much better than Lamela (and Eriksen and Chadli etc, for the matter)

From wikipedia:
"An autological word (also called homological word or autonym) is a word that expresses a property that it also possesses (e.g. the word "short" is short, "noun" is a noun, "English" is English, "pentasyllabic" has five syllables, "word" is a word, "sesquipedalian" is a long word; see Wiktionary for a partial list). The opposite is a heterological word, one that does not apply to itself (e.g. "long" is not long, "verb" is not typically a verb, "monosyllabic" has five syllables, "German" is not German, etc.)."

:avbcringe::avbhumph:
Seems legit bar for "short", in logics "short" is considered a vague predicate. if short was spelled shortt would the "shortt" box still be short? what about "shortt+1t" and so forth. how many juxtapositioned letters does it take for the created word to be long?

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/sorites-paradox/

Back
Top Bottom