Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The longer Wenger stays at that club the better for us. To be fair he has been a brilliant manager for them for many years, but somewhere along the line he lost the plot and right now he has become to stubborn to accept this and change his philosophy.
Wenger brought in a lot of cutting-edge (at the time) details to football management that gave the scum an advantage back in the day, and they capitalised on having some outstanding players brought in.

But nowadays....? The football world has moved on.

The fun question is... which fan base is this one from?

Bit random to be a Woolwich or Leicester fan. A Chelsea fan perhaps? It's been a while since we had one interloping over here.

Yeh reckon Chelsea, Lecister fans are more just here for a gloat, Woolwich rarely come on here. In fact the worst fans on here and arguably in general are Chelsea, the question is if he is Chelsea is he of the older neo nazi variety or the younger glory hunter type.

Wenger brought in a lot of cutting-edge (at the time) details to football management that gave the scum an advantage back in the day, and they capitalised on having some outstanding players brought in.

I think he could have done with moving himself, he probably would have stayed more relevant and innovative.

Everyone has caught up and overtaken the Woolwich, they've now become stuck with a dinosaur of a coach who won't change with the times. Remember his insistence at 4-4-2 and refusal to play 4-2-3-1. It goes against what he is used to. Woolwich desperately need to get rid but they can't sack their greatest ever manager.

Coaches like Wenger and Ferguson are from a different age when managers had carte blanche over the running of the club from player contracts to choosing the tea lady. Those days have gone and clubs need to have a coach with other key technical staff supporting them.

Last edited:
Auntie Wenger's interview tonight is hardly sending the right message. "I stayed because the banks wanted me to" That's a fucking astonishing thing to say.

They are 4th. Could still be second and they are having a meltdown....why ? Absolutely ridiculous behavior from top to bottom.

It did make me smile to hear him claim their away form was Champions level, only to then see it was only 3rd best and below Spurs as well ! He's a clueless old dear these days.

I went out for a couple of pints with an Woolwich friend of mine tonight, and it appears that they're all chomping at the bit to see Wenger go.

I can't see him leaving untill next summer myself. :levylol:

He's not a football manager, he's a Fund Manager. Their fans should get real. When the annual results are announced, they should be politely applauding them as they are presented to Stan Kroenke at the AGM, festooned with red and white ribbons, before retiring for a jolly good lunch. Outside the proles will be joyfully chanting "Results! Results!'"

Pip pip!!

Auntie Wenger's interview tonight is hardly sending the right message. "I stayed because the banks wanted me to" That's a fucking astonishing thing to say.

They are 4th. Could still be second and they are having a meltdown....why ? Absolutely ridiculous behavior from top to bottom.

It did make me smile to hear him claim their away form was Champions level, only to then see it was only 3rd best and below Spurs as well ! He's a clueless old dear these days.

Well that statement has confirmed exactly why their fans are unhappy, they feel will they have been lied toosaying the stadium was a financial burden, which to an extent was true, but Wenger stayed to ensure the banks got their money back. The fat cats upstairs thought hang out a minute this guy is bringing in millions without spending any money, top job. They cant shack that mentality, which is not a winning mentality but a greedy one.
We have all seen this going on for years but as long as the shareholders are all getting paid Woolwich PLC will always want Wenger as manager, no matter what the fans think.

Next year could be very interesting... it won't be in Woolwich Fan TV we see the melt down.

#wengerin

Back
Top Bottom