Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win the Europa 'cause if Chelsea then miraculously won the CL and Woolwich finished fourth they wouldn't qualify!

But honestly I'd rather finish top three AND win the Europa.

I would rather win every game then the rewards will speak for themselves.
Its nice to dream but back to reality. One game at a time - starting with the Chaves, on Sat @ 12.00 . After an exhausting trip to out mongolia on a Thurs night. How bonkers is that. TV/PL should be a shame of itself, the greedy bastards.

Any idea who's travelling to Azerbaijan for the game tomorrow? We should take a skeleton team imo and just try avoid defeat and we should be fine in that group. Rest our key players and have them fresh and raring to go for Sunday then take the game to the cunts, a high tempo pressing start show them we mean business and humiliate the classless twats.

I can't honestly see anything other than a convincing home win.

3-0 or 3-1!

And I don't give a fuck if Jose gets sacked as long as we get 3 points!

:parker:
I rarely disagree with comments- as its all opinions-sorry. On this occasion, we will not walk it, it will be tough. i feel they will control the game and score goals. we will chase the game and get a draw. 2-2. Im hoping our good form will not see us lose. Them being Chumps and improving, will not allow themselves to get stuffed.

Last edited:
Any idea who's travelling to Azerbaijan for the game tomorrow? We should take a skeleton team imo and just try avoid defeat and we should be fine in that group. Rest our key players and have them fresh and raring to go for Sunday then take the game to the cunts, a high tempo pressing start show them we mean business and humiliate the classless twats.

Anyone besides Dembele, Walker and Rose are travelling.
And then of course the injured ones: Lamela, Chadli, Bentaleb and Pritch.

I would rather win every game then the rewards will speak for themselves.
Its nice to dream but back to reality. One game at a time - starting with the Chaves, on Sat @ 12.00 . After an exhausting trip to out mongolia on a Thurs night. How bonkers is that. TV/PL should be a shame of itself, the greedy bastards.

I wouldn't recommend being at WHL at 12 on Saturday. You'll have a cold 24 hour wait ahead of you.

I rarely disagree with comments- as its all opinions-sorry. On this occasion, we will not walk it, it will be tough. i feel they will control the game and score goals. we will chase the game and get a draw. 2-2. Im hoping our good form will not see us lose. Them being Chumps and improving, will not allow themselves to get stuffed.

Fair enough but I don't understand why you think Chelsea will control the game; something we have done regularly of late and they have failed to do regularly of late?

Even last night against the weakest team in the CL with only ten men, they got dominated for half the second half. Are they really even improving? An argument can be made convincingly that they have not improved at all, just faced a couple of weak teams. Most Chelsea fans were not that impressed with how they played last night, with all four of their goals coming from set pieces, as did their goal at the w/e just gone.

Anything can happen, we know that, but results this season suggest that even were they to beat us they are unlikely to control the game.

Fair enough but I don't understand why you think Chelsea will control the game; something we have done regularly of late and they have failed to do regularly of late?

Even last night against the weakest team in the CL with only ten men, they got dominated for half the second half. Are they really even improving? An argument can be made convincingly that they have not improved at all, just faced a couple of weak teams.

Anything can happen, we know that, but results this season suggest that even were they to beat us they are unlikely to control the game.
Control as with bodies behind the ball - spoil the game . They will be motivated for this one, its a season changer for them . We, I feel will find it difficult to get at them. They will sit deep Im sure. However, saying all that I feel a draw is on.

Im hoping we can show we are a force to be taken serious and beat them with style and not the Spurs we all know and love?

Last edited:
Begovic
Azpilicueta - Cahill - Zouma - Baba
Matic
Fabregas - Ramires
Willian - Costa - Hazard
Likely to be how they line up? If not, probably Ivanovic on the right with Azpilicueta playing left back.

I think they will 'park the bus' but we will wear them down as I don't rate them any higher than the Spammers who were extremely fortunate to get away with 4-1 IMO!

Lamela to play a blinder.

In Cyprus for 3 weeks and hotel constantly showing Chelsea Tv so could get messy!!

Is skewering a Chav on a kebab spit an offence here?

Just asking....

Begovic
Azpilicueta - Cahill - Zouma - Baba
Matic
Fabregas - Ramires
Willian - Costa - Hazard
Likely to be how they line up? If not, probably Ivanovic on the right with Azpilicueta playing left back.

I hope Ivanovic does play. Son could tear him a new one. Wish we still had Bale for this one.. He would literally end Ivanovic's career worse than he did to Maicon.

Unfortunately I will not be at the game, but for those who are going please, please, please give us a nice, loud rendition of "Where are you now you are shit?".

Would be even better if their scummy fans were leaving early...

I hope Ivanovic does play. Son could tear him a new one. Wish we still had Bale for this one.. He would literally end Ivanovic's career worse than he did to Maicon.

They may decide to just play Azpilicueta in his favoured right back position and have Baba play left back.

Didn't they play three at the back against Norwich?

I expect, whatever line-up JM picks, he'll deploy the same tactic as the League Cup final. He'll aim to shut down Christian Eriksen and double mark Harry Kane. Attacking wise, he'll be banking on his side making the most of the chances they create.

If this happens then it means that performances from Dembele and Son will be vital (and Lamella if he plays) to get our attack to open Chelsea (scum) up. We'll need a big game from our guys at the back as well. Chelsea (scum ... fucking scum) are on the turn back to form now, so we can't expect the sort of lackluster performance they showed up against Palace, West Ham

Merson makes his latest prediction, this time he expects a 1-1 draw, but wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea won it. Ok then, whatever you say you clown. A draw, maybe, given the schedule, but no way we'll lose this.

Tottenham v Chelsea (Sunday, midday)

You have to feel for Tottenham a bit in this game, to have a season they've had so far and then when Chelsea come to town they've just got back from Qarabag. It's a big ask after a six-hour journey.

Chelsea fell over the line against Norwich and had an easy game against Maccabi Tel Aviv. I'm going for a draw but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Chelsea went on and won this.

If Chelsea win this against a Spurs side who have only lost once this season in the league, people will sit up. You would start thinking they can get top four, especially with the way the Premier League has gone this season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...bounce-back-but-draws-for-man-utd-and-chelsea

Back
Top Bottom