Summer Special

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
We are brought out of our summer hibernation by the developments at White Hart Lane. Dan Louw of "Away Days" and the "American Carnage" pod is drafted in to discuss NFL, 61k seats, retractable pitches and a 17k single tier glory stand. We chat football, branding, summer signings and nipples.

We also stand around in a circle and admire the new fanzine which is out now. Go and buy it.

Sun bathers: Alex from Bristol, Bardi, Dan Louw and Flav

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Surely "The White Wall" is a reference to "die gelbe Wand"? The wall in A Song of Ice and Fire is just called "The Wall".
6N7jVzl.jpg

The conspiracy theory that Enic wouldn't want to play a season at Wembley is ridiculously negative.

They are far more likely to look at the opportunity that it presents in higher revenues for the season, the potential to attract new fans (tourists) who just want to watch big games at Wembley, and the ability to start ramping up the number of season ticket holders a year early.

Playing at MK Dons because you are worried about selling enough season tickets doesn't exactly reflect the actions of redesigning the stadium with a larger capacity.

I would like it noted that I am very positive about the stadium.

You all got a bit dragged down by Dan - it was a little reminiscent of listening to Rob Easom on the Spurs Show.......which is pretty odd considering how his Away Days videos always find humour in even the most depressing situations

Dan was surprisingly downbeat this time. I was a little bit disappointed by the latest pod as I was looking forward to a better reception of the excellent news about the stadium.

I understand Dan's view that he thinks we're doing this to sell the club (about 15 mins in). That he based it on the BS-rumour that was the Fulham-owner buying Spurs underlines the fact that he based it on false grounds. He is entitled to his opinion, but too often things are presented as facts when they are opinions.

Whereever you look, the reception has been amazing, so I was a bit surprised. The episode reached Spurs Show-negativity levels! I listen to every episode and love the show..

Anyway, going to buy the fanzine and looking forward to the next Podcast and having Dan back (usually very entertaining!).

Back
Top Bottom