Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant striker imo. A menace to any sort of defence. Would love him and Kane, whether in conjunction or rotation or both.
SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy knows the deal
Conjunction doesn't really make sense though. Pochettino prefers to play 4-2-3-1, and neither Kane, nor Benteke work as wingers, or as a 10. I don't think Benteke would come as a back-up, and he makes little sense as anything else.

He's a good striker, but we already have someone I think is better, and we'd likely be better off finding someone who gives us something Harry Kane hasn't got, as an alternative.

Llorente would have been good a few years back. I remember when Bilbao played us in a friendly at WHL and he was brilliant.

But not now in my view.

I think another CF who we know can score goals in the prem is a must. Not just a back up but a viable alternative, if like Benteke the could potentially add another dimension to our game so much the better. It is not a lack of faith in Harry but to avoid burn out or too much pressure in what will be a difficult second season. Harry with Eriksen behind will be plan A, but teams know that and I am sure opposition teams will be looking to nullify them. I really hope Harry can continue in his current vein of form but all strikers struggle from time to time and I just would hate to see the lad over played and over pressured. If we have the sort of season we are all hoping for there should be plenty of games for 2 good forwards either via substitution or rotation. If we can"t get an up and comer then an experienced striker who could hold the ball up and bring our inside forwards into play would do, just can't see Ade or Bobby being any better next season.

Remember that time that Poch said he's targeting players with PL experience. Beside TA and Trippier, we really haven't been linked to that many PL players. Maybe the Bentenke rumors are legit?

I think another CF who we know can score goals in the prem is a must. Not just a back up but a viable alternative, if like Benteke the could potentially add another dimension to our game so much the better. It is not a lack of faith in Harry but to avoid burn out or too much pressure in what will be a difficult second season. Harry with Eriksen behind will be plan A, but teams know that and I am sure opposition teams will be looking to nullify them. I really hope Harry can continue in his current vein of form but all strikers struggle from time to time and I just would hate to see the lad over played and over pressured. If we have the sort of season we are all hoping for there should be plenty of games for 2 good forwards either via substitution or rotation. If we can"t get an up and comer then an experienced striker who could hold the ball up and bring our inside forwards into play would do, just can't see Ade or Bobby being any better next season.
and god forbid a long term injury!

Here's a fun challenge for everyone:

Name 4 guys Spurs should look at as additional forwards, assuming we can ditch both Soldado and Adebayor.

Bonus points for an additional 4 names as wingers.

Even Snoop Dogg found a club!

CIxS_ZrWcAEGh9r.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom