Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CGNDcGhWUAE_EVj.jpg:large

Exactly. What's wrong with a bit of debate? A difference of opinion? Really getting fucked off with people preaching at me that I should give Poch time, then I go to the Lamela thread and they are cunting him off for being shite, the two faced arseholes.

Fucking holier than thou cunts just go for the kill at the sniff of discontent. Wouldn't mind so much being told what to do, but not from a prick who wasn't even born when I started supporting Spurs.
I don't think anybody minds criticism of Poch, but if you criticize surely I'm allowed to defend? A lot of "Poch critics" are victimizing themselves. I agree with a lot of what is being said about rotation etc., but the standards that Poch is being held up to by some fans is ridiculous.

Odd, none of their smiles seem very confident or genuine, like it's a naked Daniel Levy taking the picture and they're all shocked and disturbed.

Or, to issue a saying from my neck of the woods, they're all grinning like a possum eatin' briars.

Probably because this is just another job, one of the three they've had so far, and held similar banners in the past for other clubs. Worth remembering this is just a career for them.

I don't think anybody minds criticism of Poch, but if you criticize surely I'm allowed to defend? A lot of "Poch critics" are victimizing themselves. I agree with a lot of what is being said about rotation etc., but the standards that Poch is being held up to by some fans is ridiculous.
Of course you can defend him. If you do, I won't call into question your support of the club, I won't call you a cunt, I won't call you a melt and I won't question your sanity. Unless you do it first!

It just seems to me that some on here have some serious blind faith in Poch, with no reason to back it up, then go completely spastic when anyone questions this faith. Complete and utter devotion is no basis for debate. Others have taken the piss at me "being on the fence", but I can't understand how anyone can be sure of Poch's credentials yet, he has so much to prove.

Of course you can defend him. If you do, I won't call into question your support of the club, I won't call you a cunt, I won't call you a melt and I won't question your sanity. Unless you do it first!

It just seems to me that some on here have some serious blind faith in Poch, with no reason to back it up, then go completely spastic when anyone questions this faith. Complete and utter devotion is no basis for debate. Others have taken the piss at me "being on the fence", but I can't understand how anyone can be sure of Poch's credentials yet, he has so much to prove.

Quite!

As I've said on other threads he's achieved nothing at any club yet unless you count reaching the league cup final!
Definitely a "wait and see" manager for us but how long should we wait?
:pochsulk:

Yeah....so when are you getting off the fence?

Last edited:
Yeah, why should fans support their manager and shit? Utter disgrace

:avbfacepalm:
so now thats 89 people on this forum who dont understand how u can support & criticise the same thing. i hope u dont apply the same thing to love & criticism. your mum says why didnt u make your bed. u come to the conclusion that she doesnt love u because u cant criticise & love the same thing. if only things were as black & white as u make out.

so now thats 89 people on this forum who dont understand how u can support & criticise the same thing. i hope u dont apply the same thing to love & criticism. your mum says why didnt u make your bed. u come to the conclusion that she doesnt love u because u cant criticise & love the same thing. if only things were as black & white as u make out.
To play devils advocate bud.... how about instead of just criticising, you write the pros as you see it too?

Genuinely interested.

I don't follow anyone on here or hound a particular persons posts, but a vague recollection of you is that you're fairly critical of the current standings.

If you can write what you see as good and see as bad ....... for 1, it might add more weight to the flaws as you see it

To play devils advocate bud.... how about instead of just criticising, you write the pros as you see it too?

Genuinely interested.

I don't follow anyone on here or hound a particular persons posts, but a vague recollection of you is that you're fairly critical of the current standings.

If you can write what you see as good and see as bad ....... for 1, it might add more weight to the flaws as you see it
i have tryed to refrain from doing this. i did it a while ago. but before u know it theres pages & pages of the same posters arguing & debating. & i got called a melt & gooner troll cunt quite a few times. also i dont think theres any value in going over the same things time & time again.

another reason is this forums 99% poch is god. so iam just trying to balance it out. they dont need me to repeat the others pros like youngsters coming through.

but just for u il quickly break it down.

pros- youngsters coming through. new stadium. lloris. kane.

cons- no plan b. too much deadweight. poor defensively. pressing game hard to make sustinable over a whole season. baldini. the 3 quite good players instead of 1 really good player transfer policy.

ps. i think u mistook this for a forum where u can criticise the manager or club.

Last edited:
i have tryed to refrain from doing this. i did it a while ago. but before u know it theres pages & pages of the same posters arguing & debating. & i got called a melt & gooner troll cunt quite a few times. also i dont think theres any value in going over the same things time & time again.

another reason is this forums 99% poch is god. so iam just trying to balance it out. they dont need me to repeat the others pros like youngsters coming through.

but just for u il quickly break it down.

pros- youngsters coming through. new stadium. lloris. kane.

cons- no plan b. too much deadweight. poor defensively. pressing game hard to make sustinable over a whole season. baldini. the 3 quite good players instead of 1 really good player transfer policy.

ps. i think u mistook this for a forum where u can criticise the manager or club.
Well I think all of us on the forum have to be a little bit thick skinned :)
We support a football club, which is really a business these days. In a cyninical view it's like getting involved in ps4 is better than xbone squabble.
It's an emotiional and illogical thing.
So it's not fair to always expect reason on the forum. And there's a broad range of folks here, some more intelligent than others, some have followed the club for a lot longer and have seen worse or better days, some are much more emotional and inject very heated views.

I do note that you polarise the view that any comment versus Poch is basically bad.
Personally I don't feel that.
And we all have to admit that any criticsm is often from a position where we don't really know what the manager is trying to achieve, don't know what's going on in training or in the background politics.

For example.... his no plan b. Do you really know what's going on, or is it your perceived take on things?
Personally my take on this 1 issue is that he is persisting with trying to break underlying issues and instill a philosophy and that he's partially working with his hands tied.

You could polarise this, say I'm pro Poch. Whereas I'm really choosing and hoping to find a method in his actions.

Dead wood and poor defensively - granted, we've been shite, but still finished 5th. But this isn't all Poch's fault (mainly the dead wood). My choice is to give this manager a bit of time and see what he can do when the dead wood is gone.

Some say our appointment of captains is a joke and ridiculous, a clear sign he's a bad manager.
I think (but don't know) that he did this to undermine bad eggs and remove credit from the negative influences. They are captain and vice captain, can't even get in the squad and don't step up or act like captains.

I don't want to labour too long and hope you feel I have showed different folks , different views.... but support the same club ;)

edit - had a few beers, spelling is bad lol

Last edited:
I do note that you polarise the view that any comment versus Poch is basically bad.
Personally I don't feel that.
And we all have to admit that any criticsm is often from a position where we don't really know what the manager is trying to achieve, don't know what's going on in training or in the background politics.

For example.... his no plan b. Do you really know what's going on, or is it your perceived take on things?
Personally my take on this 1 issue is that he is persisting with trying to break underlying issues and instill a philosophy and that he's partially working with his hands tied.

You could polarise this, say I'm pro Poch. Whereas I'm really choosing and hoping to find a method in his actions.
no, thats all fine. but people on this forum dont apply this to previous managers. thats what i have an issue with. they all knew what went down on the training ground under tim & avb. but when it comes to poch they say how do u know what happens on the training ground?

& your comment where u said "or is it your percieved take on things". again, that wasnt applied to avb & tim on many occasions.

its no big deal anyway. i am only mentioning it again in reply to your messeges. i just find it strange the double standards people have for poch.

also i actually said we may as well give him 2 more years. rather than start all over again with a new guy.

Probably because this is just another job, one of the three they've had so far, and held similar banners in the past for other clubs. Worth remembering this is just a career for them.
bollocks- if it were just a career, would Poch make sure to hold the banner with both hands, or to make sure that his hands were level as the photo was taken? #yiddo :adesalute:

Yeah, why should fans support their manager and shit? Utter disgrace

:avbfacepalm:
As a fellow fan, I both admonish you for your excoriation of another fan, and as a fellow fan I support you:adethumbup::avbcringe: as a fellow fan:holtbytongue:

Truly though, I believe one can support a manager whilst maintaining a critique of his posture as he stands in a hotel lobby with a flag

^^^ Oh do fuck off Gazetta... they're as bad as Marca & L'equipe... I hate the fucking Summer.
So if we don't qualify/win anything, everyone is off 'in search of CL football/trophies etc' ...and if we do well, everyone is after our players who 'did so well'!
What can we do to fend off the shit-stirring rumours...? just win the League I guess!

I think its safe to assume his mother thinks hes a monumental cretin.

^^^ Oh do fuck off Gazetta... they're as bad as Marca & L'equipe... I hate the fucking Summer.
So if we don't qualify/win anything, everyone is off 'in search of CL football/trophies etc' ...and if we do well, everyone is after our players who 'did so well'!
What can we do to fend off the shit-stirring rumours...? just win the League I guess!
Don't think that works either. Look at Athletico - although they dealt with it brilliantly. However well we do one of the money clubs will nick our players.

Back
Top Bottom