Upgrading the forum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely much better than the other (new) version.

Just one suggestion ... something with the (sub)thread titles doesn't look right (when viewing that specific thread itself). It's like it sticks out too much (but in the wrong way).

Maybe try making more of a gap between the title and the page number links. Or maybe try making the title white in color, but with a blue outline. Idk ... just my 2 cents.

Other than that, I kinda like this.
(Though, the original design is still the best, imo.)

Last edited:
Definitely much better than the other (new) version.

Just one suggestion ... something with the (sub)thread titles doesn't look right (when viewing that specific thread itself). It's like it sticks out too much (but in the wrong way).

Maybe try making more of a gap between the title and the page number links. Or maybe try making the title white in color, but with a blue outline. Idk ... just my 2 cents.

Other than that, I kinda like this.
(Though, the original design is still the best, imo.)
Yea, not 100% on the titles myself yet. I did have the blue 'scarf' style behind it but on thread view they're part of the user profile so wanted to separate it. Might just put it back.

2retkls.gif
Fuck.

You.

Still not as clean as the old one, especially when initially viewing forum titles, but MUCH improved from the first draft, especially within the threads.

Not crazy about the readability of that round font and I still think the old was perfect but I can live with this.

(I view almost exclusively on iPhone if that helps)

The old forum is like the champions league team from a few years ago,
everyone's favourite and very hard to be critical on,
this new one is like the current team,
good with a lot of promise but we need to accept that the past is the past and that this is the future

Back
Top Bottom