Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stambouli is till struggling to adapt to the pace and is not fit enough. He's good enough. That's probably the reason. I think they both have been used correctly.
Enough to say that we want them to play more instead of them getting lots of game time, continuing to make the inevitable mistakes - be it down to fitness/adaption - and then being crucified as shit signings, which is the usual.

Not sure about the rest, but Stambouli's pace and fitness shouldn't be the issue. At times when he has had a run of games to play in, he often looked one of the most lively on the pitch. If anything, I think that during Poch's pairing experimentation, the Mason and Bentaleb one gelled the quickest and has been performing well, so it stuck. I'd rate their fitness about the same, but I'd actually rate his pace slightly ahead of Dembele's especially when in possession.

Fucking Hell....Mason took time to put his hands up to his eyes to shield them from the sun and still picked a perfect pass for Kane's winner Saturday.
He can see a pass, and moves it quick whereas Dembele tends to hold it longer and not.
However, I like the Eriksen Left Dembele centre formation. He actually was letting it go earlier, probably due to less time.
I want to see Moussa higher up the pitch, jinking past defenders and scoring/assisting, not receiving the ball from the back 4, holding it, turning left, then right and playing it sidewards.
He actually griped before that AVB prefers more defensive midfielders, so I think they are trying to uninstall that coaching.
One thing that is a massive positive is for a player who could not last 90 and was injury prone he looks leaner and has only had one injury this season, in September.
That's using him well imo.

Call it what you want.

Seems like your posts are quite short when you get caught in your own arguments

Not really...you listed 20 positives and no flaws.

When i said you wont discuss the flaws, you say "just cos you havent seen me discuss them doesnt mean I am unwilling to....."

But you are happy to whip yourself into a frenzy over me "slating" the manager.....while assuming I have nothing positive to say....just because you havent seen me say it.

Ironic and hypocritical....but in no way surprising. Sigh

Last edited:
I don't know where to start. This is.... wow..
Read your last post again. So fucking ironic and contradicting

Tell you what, Ive got nothing to say to you. Ever.

That should please you. Dont quote me, dont talk about me....we part ways now and thats for the best.
No need to reply.

Have a good one

Not really...you listed 20 positives and no flaws.

When i said you wont discuss the flaws, you say "just cos you havent seen me discuss them doesnt mean I am unwilling to....."

But you are happy to whip yourself into a frenzy over me slating the manager.....while assuming I have nothing positive to say....just because you havent seen me say it.

Ironic and hypocritical....but in no way surprising. Sigh
Give it up you dull fucker. You don't like Poch, would prefer to have Sherwood and are just going to lurk in the background waiting for him to fail. Pathetic. The worst thing is that I know that in your head you consider yourself to be a Tottenham fan

Not sure about the rest, but Stambouli's pace and fitness shouldn't be the issue. At times when he has had a run of games to play in, he often looked one of the most lively on the pitch. If anything, I think that during Poch's pairing experimentation, the Mason and Bentaleb one gelled the quickest and has been performing well, so it stuck. I'd rate their fitness about the same, but I'd actually rate his pace slightly ahead of Dembele's especially when in possession.
I agree with your Dembele comparison. Take you points.
Stambouli has played mostly in the EL, where he has looked ok. Especially against Partizan. He only made his first EPL start v Leicester, played v Man U had 75 v Palace, started Sunderland had 16 mins west Brom, 1 min Woolwich and ain't featured since then has he? 2 games EPL games on the trot.
I think he performed well in his EPL matches, but I still believe he would not be able to play 90mins week in week out.
Guarantee you that next season he'll be playing more often. As it is I think he has been used well.

The point is that Im not bitching about everything.

Im bitching about the things I have a problem with. I dont need to say...
"Pochs subs are bad......BUT I LIKE HIM!!!"
"Poch doesnt have an effective plane b......BUT HIS FITNESS REGIME IS EXCELLENT!!!!"

Get over it. Im talking about his faults. When I talk about his good sides, should I also add something negative to balance it out? Dont be so precious.
Why can't you post, without a throwaway comment to make yourself seem as obnoxious as possible?
There is no fucking plan b Sammy, because the staff available don't allow him the benefit of having one worth deploying.

haha...Mick thinks he represents the forum everyone

Its not up to me....if you talk to me...Mick
at no point did I try to speak for the forum - that was a request for my benefit, so I don't have to have my eyes bleed over your constant transmit- "its everyone else thats wrong" posts of late.
Try to talk to people on here in a way that wouldn't get you punched in the face in the real world, and you might get a bit more sympathy and understanding.

at no point did I try to speak for the forum - that was a request for my benefit, so I don't have to have my eyes bleed over your constant transmit- "its everyone else thats wrong" posts of late.
Try to talk to people on here in a way that wouldn't get you punched in the face in the real world, and you might get a bit more sympathy and understanding.

you keep saying that to everybody without ever seeing yourself as the problem
why is that?

This is a thread about Pochettino Mick.

Do you want to make a thread called "Sammy" where we can discuss me and my antics and argue?

Then go ahead. My initial comments were about the manager...other people, the good, sensible posters and true fans here, have taken it into fisticuff land and made it all personal.

I dont care if people think Im a shit fan, and/or a cunt/troll etc etc etc.

Thats the difference. Where as I am happy to argue my point, and dish it out, I can also take it and laugh in your face.

You asked if we could ignore eachother for your benefit. Yet in the space of a working day we have:

Mick Cooper quoted your post in the thread Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Floppy haired double dutch screwball.
11:40 AM

Mick Cooper quoted your post in the thread Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Floppy haired double dutch screwball.
11:42 AM

Mick Cooper quoted your post in the thread Management Pochettino.
1:05 PM

1:45 PM

2:03 PM

2:50 PM
  1. 2:53 PM
4:00 PM

4:04 PM

If you want to ignore me, how about dont quote me.
Dont respond to me.
Dont read my posts.

Its all very, very simple. I cant make you argue. You, and everyone else who gets involved, want to argue.
If you didnt, you wouldnt. And thats all there is to it.

Now..I will take you up on the offer you wish to see extended, and it goes out to everyone.

This is my last off topic post. I am happy to argue and discuss Spurs, but if you want to discuss behavioural problems, go and join a juvenile centre or get a job in a rehab center or something.
You wont catch me getting involved, so try not to sink to my level, and all the problems of the forum should disappear right?

If you have nothing about Spurs to discuss with me, dont quote me, or tag me, or write about me?

Should be very easy for you all...put your money where your mouths are, and lets see where the real problems lie....if thats too difficult, you can always follow me around every thread and click disagree on every post.

That'll show me.

Good luck boys.

Last edited:
"Thats the difference. Where as I am happy to argue my point, and dish it out, I can also take it and laugh in your face."
No you can't - you proved that, you can't take any form of criticism, much less constructive reasoned criticism.

"You asked if we could ignore eachother for your benefit. "
No I asked if you could STFU so I didn't have to see your excruciating posts. It was an attempt at humour, and not particularly serious.

So stop acting so fucking high and mighty, or trying to make me out to be your stalker, you are the one talking crap, and I tried to have a discussion, initially quite amicably but you immediately started being abusive. Since then several other posters have questioned your reasoning and approach and you have been hostile to them as well.
If anyone questions your attitude or behaviour, you say "how ironic" - completely ignoring the fact that you lit the fire, then fanned the flames and then started pouring petrol on.
You are an argumentative, dogmatic and intolerant poster Sammy, and you can see everyone's issues but your own. When you get told - you take no notice.
Follow you around? Fuck me, with your postcount you make crapcase look like a sunday poster, to avoid you, we'd all have to use the Klingon internet.
To be honest - you've made yourself look a tit over all of this - and you are still blaming everyone else for it.

Spurs travel to Manchester United next, but have a favourable run-in and can now concentrate solely on trying to secure a top-four place after going out of the Europa League.

“You never know who has the edge,” said Pochettino. “We’ve played 47 games, more than Woolwich, Manchester United, and Liverpool.”

“But we need to keep working. We’ve got 10 games left, but the next game is always the most important. We need to prepare and the team is very realistic about that. We need to work very hard to prepare if we are going to get the three points.

“The most important thing I get from the team is that they believe in our way of doing things.”

The last line is really the most telling thing he has brought to the club after the last two managers brought so much doubt.

Back
Top Bottom