Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are peoples opinions on Eric Dier?

Great player for his age, quick which is a massive bonus, good on the ball and aggressive, may lack experience but he's got to get that somewhere.

At the moment he is my preferred centre back to partner verts.

hes a great player in the making. i was impressed with how after 30 seconds in the final he let costa know he was there. for someone so young to show absolutely no fear when up against a player like costa...it was excellent to see. skys the limit for him

hes a great player in the making. i was impressed with how after 30 seconds in the final he let costa know he was there. for someone so young to show absolutely no fear when up against a player like costa...it was excellent to see. skys the limit for him

Yep fearless centre back, Costa is an unbelievable dick how he gets away with shit is beyond me.

He's been that good that it makes you wonder how we got him for so cheap and also how no one else got to him first. The experience that he'll get from Vertonghen and Poch as an ex centreback will be invaluable, think he'll be top in years to come.

Yep fearless centre back, Costa is an unbelievable dick how he gets away with shit is beyond me.
yeah he gets away with a shocking amount of things. but in saying that its a great side to his game weather we like it or not. i know i would love to have him in our team anyway. 100% commitment every time just like harry. imagine them two up top.

I was absolutely stunned at his booking, pretty much a 50/50 situation, how it deserved a booking I have no idea. Maybe the vote went to the player who squealed the loudest.
I thought Dier shut Costa down for pretty much the whole game, and he only got his "goal," if he was credited with it, via a massive deflection and a woeful dereliction of duty by our midfield.
32 million shown up by a kid worth a couple of million - a good return on our investment I'd say.

I was absolutely stunned at his booking, pretty much a 50/50 situation, how it deserved a booking I have no idea. Maybe the vote went to the player who squealed the loudest.
I thought Dier shut Costa down for pretty much the whole game, and he only got his "goal," if he was credited with it, via a massive deflection and a woeful dereliction of duty by our midfield.
32 million shown up by a kid worth a couple of million - a good return on our investment I'd say.

No one can be blamed for the Walker own goal, unlucky deflections are part of the game and the Terry goal was also unlucky with the ball falling kindly to him although he should have been marked better on the corner.

As Kane said both Chavs goals were lucky, they never really threatened us that much and never deserved to win, we were the much better footballing team but Chavs did the typical park two buses and hit the long ball to Costa tactic. People call Mourinho a genuis but he's basically using world class players to play Stoke City football tactics and although it works it is kind of shameful for any manager to use the likes of Hazard, Costa, Fabragas and play them as if Sam Allardyce is their manager, Mourinho is such a negative, cynical cunt.

No one can be blamed for the Walker own goal, unlucky deflections are part of the game and the Terry goal was also unlucky with the ball falling kindly to him although he should have been marked better on the corner.

As Kane said both Chavs goals were lucky, they never really threatened us that much and never deserved to win, we were the much better footballing team but Chavs did the typical park two buses and hit the long ball to Costa tactic. People call Mourinho a genuis but he's basically using world class players to play Stoke City football tactics and although it works it is kind of shameful for any manager to use the likes of Hazard, Costa, Fabragas and play them as if Sam Allardyce is their manager, Mourinho is such a negative, cynical cunt.
All I remember about the goal was our midfield leaving a huge channel for the pass to be played to Costa - practically inviting him on. Walker did what he could and was unlucky that his touch went in. Costa wasn't trying to score. IMHO

love dier. great that he was coached in portugal so he will be technically better than most english defenders coached over here. much rather him than fazio. so glad we got him & at a decent price too. handy cover for RB but only if we are short. his CB height & build means he will get caught out against pacey wingers.

Talented youngster, good on the ball, good in the air, composed. Better at centre half than he is at right back. Actually think he'd make a good defensive midfielder. I think he's definitely one for the future and I hope he is with us for years to come.
He's also terrifyingly fast for a centre back.

He has actually been clocked as the third fastest player in the Premier League surprisingly.
I can believe it. The number of times this year he's hunted down and blocked a striker making a break on goal is astounding.

He also looks like an axe murder crossed with an extra from a Jane Austin drama, but I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

What a man :paulinholol:

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom