Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It can be if done in the wrong way. Lets not be bitter, it was clear under Sherwood there was serious issues with division in the dressing room and with Poch bar a few it seems to be completely different.

Agree but it still feels like some players such as Kaboul, Capoue and Ade are not shall we say the most popular people around the team. There have been rumours under Poch's reign about these three not just under Sherwood or AVB.

His desire and movement for his goal was very nice to see. Good goal all round, from Stambouli to Soldado.

This seems like a good opportunity to big up his achievement in scoring that goal against chelski, given the similarities between them.

Very few full backs would have (a) put themselves in that position (b) made such an excellent job of converting it, not least finding the burst of speed right at the end that got him to the ball (and nearly saw his career ended by cahill).

I've been very frustrated by all the shit he's been getting as a fullback, when he's obviously more of a left winger/ wing back [some similarities to steve hodge].

Was happily amazed to see him selected at left wing tonight [sic] and the way he started and finished that goal with his tackle (!) plus the way he and Soldado managed to communicate for the pass...:)

Hopefully this is only the beginning of him being restored to his rightful place......

Incidentally, how does he get to play on the wing of his 'choice' when Townsend and Lennon don't ? Intriguing.

And yes, wonderful pass from Stambouli that also gives me hope for the future - that he can (a) see it (b) is willing to execute it and not imitate our ray wilkinses (c) can pull it off - oh and (d) that the manager picks him and (?) encourages him to play like that...

Small things I know, but from small things....

Does anyone know anything about roses upbringing or personal life? i want to know why he looks so angry all the time.

MWlXMAdz.jpeg

Does anyone know anything about roses upbringing or personal life? i want to know why he looks so angry all the time.

MWlXMAdz.jpeg

Literally nothing online about him. Just seems to be that sort of person, rather than due to his life style or child hood. Don't think I've ever seen him look happy, apart from that one goal...

I think Davies is going to be our long term left back but Rose is playing terrifically at the moment. It's obvious that he has taken another step this season due to the competition for spots, hope both lads keep up their good form as this is a great problem to have. How many teams have more than one good left back? Not many!

Rose has been good for a while. Always capable of a brain fart but what Full Back or any player indeed isn't?

Regarding his upbringing sure I read he comes from an area in Doncaster called Intake, which is at the very least 'not great'.

He's been solid this season. I've always liked him, thought he was unfairly scapegoated and was delighted when he signed a 5 year deal. His workrate has been superb. He's always providing an option on the left wing. That goal against chavski summed it up, many LBs wouldn't bother making a lung busting run so close to half time. He did though, and he still makes those runs even when the ball doesn't get to him.

He's a fighter for sure, won't let anyone take the piss with him and will not bottle out. Sometimes that has been his weakness, he'd rather use physicality to hold off players rather than clear it etc but he's improved a lot in that area and it's reminiscent of early Walker before he matured a bit. That aggression he has though is very useful and one of the reasons I believe Poch uses him in big games because he will not show fear. His concentration has also been very good, that goal line clearance yesterday after Hugo's save was excellent.

On more than one occasion he has spoken positively to the media about Poch's intense training requirements and system of meritocracy based on the hardest workers getting games which suggests that he is a hard trainer (even in online videos he's always going in hard and scoring worldies in 5 aside).

For me he's definitely ahead of Davies but there is nothing wrong with that, Davies is a few years younger and the LB situation is extremely healthy. I have no problem with either being started.

Last edited:
absolutely beastly today.

Could have done better on the goal where he got caught a bit flat footed but made some top challenges and never let their right back get settled.

Love that he gave the goat face cunt some niggle but without losing too much discipline. Good man

absolutely beastly today.

Could have done better on the goal where he got caught a bit flat footed but made some top challenges and never let their right back get settled.

Love that he gave the goat face cunt some niggle but without losing too much discipline. Good man
It was a tough battle between him and Bellend (their RB whatever hid name is). It was tit for tat in the first 20min both attacking the space behind each other, but Rose just kept on and on and on and on until he had nothing. He fucked him up.

Back
Top Bottom