Football Money League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not read through that yet but 2 things spring to mind - how have PSG and Citeh increased revenues so quickly? They are obviously under pressure to meet FFP so have to get their accounts 'in order'. Last I heard UEFA were looking into the 'fair market value' aspect of the naming rights Citeh are receiving for the Etihad.

Finacial doping is rife, I have no doubt, If you want to fund/support your club you will find a way of doing it. FFP is merely a distraction for the accountants and that is why the declared revenues have increased so much.

I think with City, it's something to do with not just 'immediate Club income', but wider sponsorship and naming rights deals, that nevertheless accrue to the Club's accounts.

There are many ways to deal with FFP, which is why I would still love us to get in billionaire benefactor owners instead of ENIC, despite the introduction of FFP.

I've not read through that yet but 2 things spring to mind - how have PSG and Citeh increased revenues so quickly? They are obviously under pressure to meet FFP so have to get their accounts 'in order'. Last I heard UEFA were looking into the 'fair market value' aspect of the naming rights Citeh are receiving for the Etihad.

Finacial doping is rife, I have no doubt, If you want to fund/support your club you will find a way of doing it. FFP is merely a distraction for the accountants and that is why the declared revenues have increased so much.

Citys deal actually looks a bit shit now. Their shirt, stadium academy and training complex have Etihad on it for £40 mil a year.

United gets £47 mil for their shirt sponsor alone. The deal is no where near as great for City as people it out to be. If anything, they're being under-valued.

I doubt FFP is as easy to get by as many seem to think. Man City were fined £30 mil after all; why if it's so easy to avoid?

Back
Top Bottom