3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me:

League... About where expected pre season. Improving slowly.
League Cup.... Very winnable Semi. Delighted we have a chance to be in a final.
Europa.... Out of the group and a winnable last 32 tie
F.A.... Winnable draw

Positives with the academy playings coming in, Chadli improving and Eriksen looking good, however still the disappointment that Soldado, Paulinho and a few other bigger named players are still under performing.

I am pretty happy. Few big games coming up though that could skew peoples opinions.

I think he means Capoue........but that's not the point, the guy is supposed to be 'representing' Spurs fans thoughts and opinions in a national newspaper and he can't even get the names of the players he's slagging off right......
Please, point out when we broke our transfer record for Capoue, go ahead. I'll wait.

We didn't for Soldado either - £12m rising to £26m based on performance related bonuses.

Not sure why you are trying to defend this guy.

Im not defending him, the guy made a mistake. Im not sure why you and some other people find it so difficult, but look.

"We broke our transfer record three times last summer to buy Paulinho, Sandro and Lamela"

Change Sandro to Soldado (both begin with S and end with O and have D's in the middle. I can easily understand the mistake myself) and that sentence makes sense.

And when you add in the following quotes for reference;

"Soldado has become Tottenham's most expensive player, arriving from Spain for around £26m."

"Roberto Soldado has completed his move from Valencia to Tottenham Hotspurafter passing his medical. The transfer fee is believed to be £26m, which would be a club record for the north London club."

"Tottenham insist 'No Gareth Bale, no problem' as record-transfer Soldado scores on debut"

I'm not defending anything, he still got the name wrong and speaks a lot of shit. Not sure why you've wasted both of our time in having this conversation.

The 3/10 is asinine. Not even worth addressing, I'd say around 6.5 but we've looked better lately.

My favorite thing about this season has been the emergence of a group of really likable players. We've bemoaned feeling alienated from the club and players a lot the last few seasons so to have some very likable academy boys in the team like Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, and Townsend has been a lot of fun IMO. Hopefully we'll see the likes of Winks and Onomah get a chance in the second half of the season too. I've found that really enjoyable this season. It isn't all about results.

If you think about it mathematically, 1st and second would be 10/10 and 19th and 20th would be 1/10
that would have us at around 6/10. on account of us hovering around the 7th and 8th position.
If you then add in the europa league, which would be again around 6 or 7 out of 10, and the fact we're 2 games away from a cup final, we should be on at least 7 out of 10.

Unless its like, an accumulative score. Which is even worse if he thinks we average out at 3? It just makes no sense.

ACTUALLY. Hold up... I've got. We've got this guy completely wrong. Dave Mason is actually the most optimistic spurs fan around. He's saying we've only been playing at 30% of our potential! Imagine if we hit 100%

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGE.

If you think about it mathematically, 1st and second would be 10/10 and 19th and 20th would be 1/10
that would have us at around 6/10. on account of us hovering around the 7th and 8th position.
If you then add in the europa league, which would be again around 6 or 7 out of 10, and the fact we're 2 games away from a cup final, we should be on at least 7 out of 10.

Unless its like, an accumulative score. Which is even worse if he thinks we average out at 3? It just makes no sense.

ACTUALLY. Hold up... I've got. We've got this guy completely wrong. Dave Mason is actually the most optimistic spurs fan around. He's saying we've only been playing at 30% of our potential! Imagine if we hit 100%

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGE.
2/10 for jokes.

I'd say it's 7/10 season so far.

Cup semi final, past Europa group stage, competitive in the league, FA cup in January...

Realistically, where could it have gone better? We're level with Woolwich. In a perfect world we could have won the odd game here or there, maybe not lost so heavily, but other than that things actually seem pretty good.

So good in fact that the definition of the word #Spursy has changed from "Can fuck up anything, would blink and lose an eye ball" to "We might fuck up, but I'm sure we can get a last minute goal or man sent off".

Honestly not sure what people have to complain about.

I'd say it's 7/10 season so far.

Cup semi final, past Europa group stage, competitive in the league, FA cup in January...

Realistically, where could it have gone better? We're level with Woolwich. In a perfect world we could have won the odd game here or there, maybe not lost so heavily, but other than that things actually seem pretty good.

So good in fact that the definition of the word #Spursy has changed from "Can fuck up anything, would blink and lose an eye ball" to "We might fuck up, but I'm sure we can get a last minute goal or man sent off".

Honestly not sure what people have to complain about.
You can't just change the definition of spursy... steady on boy.

Ahhhh, the Im a better fan than you thread.

Talk shit and slate anyone you want on TFC (except the current Zenit manager).....but do it on another media, and you are a customer and a cunt.

If we lose against Leicester it's 1/10 and I may support another team.

If we beat them and it's not 10-0 it's -3 from the previous score. For every scruffy goal we score that isn't a worldie it's -0.5.

The how-to guide of being a football supporter :adethumbup:

On a side note, there's still a load of smilies missing; Kane, Davies, Fazio, Benji, Vlad...Almost a quarter of our smilies are Adebayor. Bit strange..

Back
Top Bottom