Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The amount of tackles he went in for and his willingness to play the corner-flag game against Hull (who had been kicking us all game) makes me think that Lamela isn't worried about the physicality of the Premier League. I honestly think that the way in which he plays likens him very much to the likes of Bale and Ronaldo, where they look at home dribbling at high pace and with a straight back. If his body can develop anywhere near the same way that the other two did, then we'll have struck gold.
Dunno if he's as inclined to HGH-use, but he's consistently shown that he will not flop down from a tackle, ever since his River Plate days. If you want him to give up the ball, you're going to have to work for it.

Dunno if he's as inclined to HGH-use, but he's consistently shown that he will not flop down from a tackle, ever since his River Plate days. If you want him to give up the ball, you're going to have to work for it.
Agreed, he's looked like a bit of a cunt about it in a lot of recent matches, too. I've seen a lot of petulant contact on his part trying to regain possession. There are a few cards waiting for him in the future, for sure. He's blowing hot and cold, but at least he's showing spirit and drive - something a lot of our players have lacked over the past two years - even though his league form still leaves quite a lot to desire.

All of his touches vs. Hull:

He's getting there. The interplay with Eriksen was very nice. And if he can make one of those shots then he'll make his breakthrough, I think.

He had a much better game than I remembered. Some really beautiful stuff in there. On the flip side, still holding on to the ball too long. It's coming though, pretty soon it is all going to click.

Yeah he was good, only criticism is he still needs to think about bringing others in rather than using them to make space for himself.

He reminds me of Ronaldo in those first couple of seasons with Man Utd tbh. One step over too many and a lot of shit decisions. Once we settle on a formation and starting line up and he gets comfortable in his role, he'll be lethal

I think one of the subtle things that made him more successful today was that he stayed out wide and attacked inside instead of just sitting inside all game.

The lad has got bags of skill and he isn't afraid to show it! I like that, he's only young let him run down the opposition and put them on their heels.. I like that he isn't afraid to take a shot on too, gives the defenders something to think about and opens up the play for the rest of the boys

Lamelas pressing sure looks like FIFA, just runs and tackles until he either gets the ball or fouls the opposing player. i wonder who controls him .

Lamela at least gives his all, covers lots of ground and is committed. Anyone who thinks he's done fuck all because he ain't taken on 10 men yet and scored at least 15 goals isn't really watching imo.
Yeah, sometimes he makes an error, like all of them.
However, he is always looking for the ball and is a quick decisive passer. He has made some great passes and has been unlucky not to score at least 3 goals in his last 2 games.
He put over a lovely cross last night, nearly scored a beautiful goal had one shot whisk past the post and one over.
Who else had a shot on goal?
Sometimes the others are not thinking as quick as he, but it's interesting to see that he has an understanding with Kane, Soldado and Eriksen. Looks like he links up well with Davies too.
I think he's a good player who is improving with each game. He does more, and is more influential, than some who have been here a while.
Loved it when he got pissed with Dembele for going backwards when he wanted a one two.
I'd rather have 10 committed players like Lamela who run around working for the team, bust a gut to get back to defend and if they lose the ball try their best to get it back.

When was the last time we saw something like this at Spurs

Viva Lamela

Last edited:
Very happy with Lamela's progress, able to do things the rest of our players cannot, you have to remember he is still very young, even Bale and Ronaldo at his at were not much better at all. There is a reason why at just 22 he is playing in the Argie team with all their quality, you just feel one or two more years will make him stronger and a better decision maker and we will have one of the prems top players.

Very happy with Lamela's progress, able to do things the rest of our players cannot, you have to remember he is still very young, even Bale and Ronaldo at his at were not much better at all. There is a reason why at just 22 he is playing in the Argie team with all their quality, you just feel one or two more years will make him stronger and a better decision maker and we will have one of the prems top players.

Can't imagine what he'll be like in 3-4 years time, and he'll still be young even then. Easy to forget he's one of the youngest players in the squad.

Can't imagine what he'll be like in 3-4 years time, and he'll still be young even then. Easy to forget he's one of the youngest players in the squad.
A 26-year old Erik Lamela will just be starting to hit his peak abilities. If we still have him at that point, and he does live up to the potential we see...

I should stop right now. Giving myself that much hope isn't healthy as a Spurs fan.

A 26-year old Erik Lamela will just be starting to hit his peak abilities. If we still have him at that point, and he does live up to the potential we see...

I should stop right now. Giving myself that much hope isn't healthy as a Spurs fan.
If he does hit his potential and is really that good come the age of 26 he will be lining up in a Madrid shirt

anyways - never forget this :
Lamela-sheriff.gif

Back
Top Bottom