Tottenham v Partizan Belgrade – Europa League - Block 35

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another great night. I was just so proud that when they were drafting in more security they pretty much let block 35 be.

Says a lot about the reputation we're getting - I was comparing it to my first 1882 at Underhill when there were loads of police talking a good look...

Always enjoy 1882 matches but it did seem there was only a few of us (by comparison to how many in the past) were singing pretty much none-stop.

I admit to having to stop for the final 20 minutes as my throat was killing me but love the Harry Kane song.

Football was all a little poor, considering the opposition. We are still too ponderous, and countless times we had three men stood right next to each other with non looking to make a run down the line. Stambouli stood out, as too, Vertonghen.

I can't really see how we could be fined - there's no way of caging in supporters and there wouldn't have been enough time to organise a steward barrier. You simply can't stop people running on to the pitch the way stadia are set up these days.

The only point in punishing the club is to discourage other fans from doing it - as these guys clearly weren't Spurs fans any punishment on Spurs would be worthless.

I can't really see how we could be fined - there's no way of caging in supporters and there wouldn't have been enough time to organise a steward barrier. You simply can't stop people running on to the pitch the way stadia are set up these days.

The only point in punishing the club is to discourage other fans from doing it - as these guys clearly weren't Spurs fans any punishment on Spurs would be worthless.
I see your point but the club have a duty of care to protect the players on the pitch. All it takes is some nutter to run on and punch someone. I think theres some sort of "failing to control the fans" type law, where its the club's responsibility to keep us all in check. Hence they have so many stewards, and ban people from the ground. Its a lot cheaper than paying 20'000 fines every other week.

Still annoyed about it today. Also disgusted that "that" is apparently what passes as funny nowadays. That shit makes Mrs Brown's Boys look like Monty Python.

Unfunny twats come up with shit prank, unfunny twats promoted by shit company, shit company promoted by moronic football club, moronic football club hires shit stewards that find it funny and unfunny twats cheered and encouraged by the crowd in an event that will no doubt see us punished. More bizarrely self destructive than Chiriches' handball or Kaboul's defensive prowess

I know I have a fuse shorter than a gnat's dick but last night disgusted me. Only thing I can take comfort in is that their shit stunt is about to land them neck deep in shit that, based on how they are bragging, they are SO not going to be ready for.

I see your point but the club have a duty of care to protect the players on the pitch. All it takes is some nutter to run on and punch someone. I think theres some sort of "failing to control the fans" type law, where its the club's responsibility to keep us all in check. Hence they have so many stewards, and ban people from the ground. Its a lot cheaper than paying 20'000 fines every other week.

What to do though? Cages? A wall of stewards interconnecting arms right around the ground? What are the club supposed to do? I maintain you simply cannot stop someone from running onto the pitch if that's what they want to do. You can only discourage people through banning orders - but if they aren't Spurs fans what do they care?

What to do though? Cages? A wall of stewards interconnecting arms right around the ground? What are the club supposed to do? I maintain you simply cannot stop someone from running onto the pitch if that's what they want to do. You can only discourage people through banning orders - but if they aren't Spurs fans what do they care?
Make it a criminal offence (if it isn't already) 28 days jail for a first offence?

You know, the 2 foot high wall which is the advertising hoardings, the one Clive Tyldesley thought was some kind of massive obstacle to overcome and was amazed anyone could scale it...

I don't know, not that easy. Here's some CCTV footage of the fans trying to climb Tyldesley's wall to get on the pitch last night

giphy.gif

I'd hazard a guess that because of the nature of what they do plus the fact that they are threatening to do it elsewhere that the banning order won't be a Spurs only thing. They will get the same treatment that hooligans do

Back
Top Bottom