ENIC are not the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with what is being said - it's mostly down to a number of factors and just things not quite working out as planned. Sod's law, as it's called sometimes.

Redknapp might have worked out better if he didn't insist on building a ready-to-retire squad, or if Chelsea didn't fluke the CL and ruin our 4th place finish. AVB might have worked out if Bale/Modric weren't sold, or if the on-paper-quality of the 7 signings delivered sooner. Sherwood might have worked if he didn't have such a terrible personality and demeanor.

The fans called for Redknapp's head for cocking up 3rd place. The fans called for AVBs head and it was promptly taken. The fans (and perhaps players, if you believe some sources) called for Sherwood to be booted out, and he was. As a result, I often feel that we actually have a fan as a chairman, but when you're chairman you're expect to get it 100% right and not be afflicted by said law of Sod.

The fans called for Redknapp, AVB's and Sherwood's head? I must have missed the mass demonstrations and torrent of chants demanding all these managers leave our club.

All those decisions - the sackings and the sale of Bale/Modric - were made by Levy/Enic. Surely they must be accountable? If we were flying they would take the credit - why not the blame?

The occasional idiot doesn't speak for the masses.

Redknapp with tax charges & England job still managed 4th while being backed with Saha & Nelsen. Anyone with 1/2 a football brain shouldn't have wanted him gone.
AVB went in to that Liverpool game with us in a position where a win would have had us leapfrog them but for some reason was being talked about being on his last chance. 12 games into a new season with 1/4 of the squad being new!

Very funny - so the buck stops where?

There used to be a regime over there....

It's the fans fault we should accept we are shit and live with it, nothing to do with any levy decisions, please look the other way, wasn't me, not my fault, didn't do it.

So the constant buying in payers the manager doesn't want then sacking the manager is good running of a club? Our squad is a mess not fit for purpose and we remain in transition every season, who takes accountability for this, it seems to me it's hard to blame the managers as to are only here for 5 mins.

Apologist defeatist rant from the home of Uncle "no dirty money , I should co co " Joe and
the midget boy wonder, baldy " I know my footie " Teflon Dan.

" An echo of Glory " wake me up before yo go go .

The occasional idiot doesn't speak for the masses.

Redknapp with tax charges & England job still managed 4th while being backed with Saha & Nelsen. Anyone with 1/2 a football brain shouldn't have wanted him gone.
AVB went in to that Liverpool game with us in a position where a win would have had us leapfrog them but for some reason was being talked about being on his last chance. 12 games into a new season with 1/4 of the squad being new!

Of course they don't, but they seem to be the idiots that think they represent the masses and are the ones who somehow get the season tickets and Boo every home game we're not winning 50-nil

So the constant buying in payers the manager doesn't want then sacking the manager is good running of a club? Our squad is a mess not fit for purpose and we remain in transition every season, who takes accountability for this, it seems to me it's hard to blame the managers as to are only here for 5 mins.

I think the issue around that would be perhaps that Levy got Baldini because both

a) AVB requested him
b) The fans didn't want Levy continuing to control transfers

Baldini seemed to buy the players without any real thought as to who the manager wanted, and we've been awful since Baldini, so he would be the party responsible imo.

This is based on manager honesty, as Sherwood was a classic for 'I told Dan to sign him' for every player we had in form and 'I told Dan not to sign him' for every player that wasn't.

I think the issue around that would be perhaps that Levy got Baldini because both

a) AVB requested him
b) The fans didn't want Levy continuing to control transfers

Baldini seemed to buy the players without any real thought as to who the manager wanted, and we've been awful since Baldini, so he would be the party responsible imo.

This is based on manager honesty, as Sherwood was a classic for 'I told Dan to sign him' for every player we had in form and 'I told Dan not to sign him' for every player that wasn't.
You're assuming Baldini was exclusively making those choices, and that they were all our first choices. I don't think either are true.

The fans called for Redknapp, AVB's and Sherwood's head? I must have missed the mass demonstrations and torrent of chants demanding all these managers leave our club.

If you use this forum as an example then there was more than enough views to support that matter. It's not unthinkable that the club look at fan opinion in places such as this, then collectively with fans booing at games they make the decision.

I certainly missed the torrents of chants and demonstrations representing the opposite.

You're assuming Baldini was exclusively making those choices, and that they were all our first choices. I don't think either are true.

Technically, it's his job to be responsible for them regardless of choice.

If it isn't then I don't have a clue what he does for a living.

Technically, it's his job to be responsible for them regardless of choice.

If it isn't then I don't have a clue what he does for a living.
He negotiates for players. He likely works with Pochettino and Levy to put together lists of targets (there is never a list of one guy) and then makes the approach.

Our current squad is only partially a product created during Baldini's time at the club, and people overlook the timing of the signings when apportioning blame.

If you use this forum as an example then there was more than enough views to support that matter. It's not unthinkable that the club look at fan opinion in places such as this, then collectively with fans booing at games they make the decision.

I certainly missed the torrents of chants and demonstrations representing the opposite.
Yeah, that's where you're going wrong mate.

Back
Top Bottom