If Ched Evans was a decent player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you welcome Ched Evans at Spurs (if he was a PL level player)?

• Yes

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 86.0%

• Total voters
Would you welcome him at Spurs?

No, never in a million years.

He committed one of the most heinous and despicable crimes there is, which he has still failed to apologise to his victim for. I also understand members of his own family were abusing the victim online, after he was convicted.

A disgrace to professional football in my opinion.

Last edited:
as a general rule, no, I wouldn't want to see a rapist at spurs.

in the case of Evans, IMO its an iffy conviction with some serious question marks.

so I would want to judge each case on its merits.

Whilst I do believe that once criminals serve their sentence they should be rehabilitated back into society, however I could never chant the name of a rapist and enjoy seeing him in my club shirt.

I'm probably a 'no'.....but he has served the punishment for the crime he was convicted of.

What prompted the question was that the media seems keen to see him hang......Oscar Pistorius isn't getting anywhere near as much grief

Can't believe this is a serious thread

Also - the 3 people who voted 'yes'

:avbshock:

Last edited:
Wearing the lilywhite shirt should be a privilege, and if you do that to someone you shouldn't have that privilege.

Although I'd be grateful if someone could explain why the other player that had sex with her wasn't convicted considering she was too drunk to consent to Evans?

Id say no because of the baggage. However i do agree that, although he has committed a disgusting crime he has served his time and should be able to earn a living with the skills he has.

Back
Top Bottom