Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the few, he's cheap and not good on FIFA therefor he is pony remarks I've seen on here and twitter, the correlation between money and ability isn't always clear, I don't see many people slating Dyer after he had the opportunity to show us what he can do and now he looks like a steal. Give the lad a chance.

Excited to see that he was one of Bielsa's priorities in this window but we snapped him up. Even if teams don't always adapt to his tactics, the man has an eye for talented midfielders and his system is known for how much effort he expects from his midfielders, and to be involved in all aspects of play.

Bielsa: "None of the players signed were my requests"

Olympique Marseille manager Marcelo Bielsa has launched an attack on the directors of the French club, accusing them of not respecting his transfer requests and not consulting him on players signed by the club.

"My assessment of this transfer window is a negative one. I think the president made me promises he knew he could not deliver on", the coach said in a press conference.

"None of the players signed were requested by me. We wanted Stambouli or Alderweireld. I found out about the sale of Lucas Mendes to Qatar at the last minute. I found out about the signing of Doria when he was undergoing his medical. I didn't want him", said the Argentine, who was clearly upset with his board.

"None of the players who have joined were my requests. I proposed 12 names and none of them came through. I asked for Jara, Manquillo, Isla, Montoya, Coke, Ocampos, Rekik, Aurier, Tello, Medel and Stambouli. We had to rush our business despite the fact we knew who we wanted", Bielsa added.

Labrune's response
Marseille president Vincent Labrune responded to Bielsa via 'L'Équipe', stating that he "doesn't understand" the criticism because "the squad has enough quality to achieve the objectives outlined" of qualifying for the Champions League.

In a club statement, the Marseille president said he would speak to Bielsa when he returns from his holidays "after four months of intense work to allow the club to return to the top of the league".

Had a casual stroll throu the tottenham facebook page and i came across this

so many pipo dsnt lyk dis lad....why?

coz u av never hrd of him be 4?

l hop he wil prov u wrong..

Thank you for this pearl of wisdom casual facebook commenter i agree with all of my being

Back
Top Bottom