Miloš Veljković

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

JDK

Raw Ill give it to ya no trivia. Okay, some trivia
Think this kid is going to be needing a thread pretty soon. While he played CB during the preseason tour, he has mostly been playing CM for our development squads the last year or so.

For me, he looks like he has the skill set to be an ideal Pochettino pivot midfielder. Having been a defender, he's solid in a tackle and seems to read the game well. But also from all reports he is very talented on the ball and can really pick a pass. He's pretty small to be a center defender and it seems like Oglivie is the more prized player at center back coming up through the academy. I'm hoping that we get to see Veljkovic get a fair few games in the midfield this year throughout the early cup group stages and in Europa.

Thoughts?

InfatuatedClassicDuck.gif

TightHelplessCattle.gif

(Credit to SinghYid SinghYid for the Gifs)

Hopefully he will get given a go in the Europa League this season but it would seem we have 5 players ahead of him in Vertonghen, Fazio, Chiriches, Kaboul & Dier so I would rather loan him to the Championship with he abililty to call him back.

He's looked like a deer in the headlights every time I've seen him. Seemed to crab away from responsibility and pass the buck Fryers style. Very early days but I was really looking forward to seeing him play and he looked every inch a player with poor coaching.

Hopefully he's not another player with obvious skills (passing, tackling, good on the ball etc) but no defensive fundamentals when it comes to shape.

I still hold on to some hope for him. The progression of Mason, Bentaleb and Kane showed a good team ethic.

I have a feeling that is what Poch is working on. A very solid unit so Eriksen and Lamela are freed up. So perhaps that is why we didn't give this kid more responsibility in competative games this season and signed the defenders he did.

He's looked like a deer in the headlights every time I've seen him. Seemed to crab away from responsibility and pass the buck Fryers style. Very early days but I was really looking forward to seeing him play and he looked every inch a player with poor coaching.

Hopefully he's not another player with obvious skills (passing, tackling, good on the ball etc) but no defensive fundamentals when it comes to shape.

I still hold on to some hope for him. The progression of Mason, Bentaleb and Kane showed a good team ethic.

I have a feeling that is what Poch is working on. A very solid unit so Eriksen and Lamela are freed up. So perhaps that is why we didn't give this kid more responsibility in competative games this season and signed the defenders he did.
Have you been watching a different player to me? When I've seen him he's seemed like the exact opposite to what you've said in that he's very willing to get on the ball and then very confident playing it out.

Veljkovic had previously been a defender so he has a lot of bite and defensive ability to go with his skill. From what Windy has said, the only reason they moved him up from defense was because he was so skilled.

I saw him play live against the Fire in preseason where he played at the back. He had a very solid and assured game playing next to Dawson. But the thing that impressed me most was that it Veljkovic rather than Dawson who was barking at the players in front of him to be in the right spots and also making sure that the back line was holding together at the right spot on the field. That shows a really strong footballing brain at only 18 years old IMO.

Being Swansea's Luka Modric won't make you Luka Modric. I think we can all tell, even you, Carroll will never be that good.

Anyway, like the look of Veljkovic of little I've seen. But you got worry about his rating by Poch. Can't see him ever getting the opportunity at his position with what's in front of him to make it here.

Being Swansea's Luka Modric won't make you Luka Modric. I think we can all tell, even you, Carroll will never be that good.

Anyway, like the look of Veljkovic of little I've seen. But you got worry about his rating by Poch. Can't see him ever getting the opportunity at his position with what's in front of him to make it here.

I know I know, Carroll's development stagnated which is a damn shame as he's massively skilled. I think Veljkovic will get 10-15 appearances across all competitions this season. He got a lot of time in preseason this year which is a decent sign. I think one of the main reasons Pochettino was trying to cut squad numbers was so he could start giving the kids more of a chance, at least I hope so. There's a different buzz around kids like Veljkovic, Winks, Oglivie, Onomah then I remember with kids coming through previously. But I'm a bit of an optimist about youth players as you know with all the times you tease me about it. :ade:

I know I know, Carroll's development stagnated which is a damn shame as he's massively skilled. I think Veljkovic will get 10-15 appearances across all competitions this season. He got a lot of time in preseason this year which is a decent sign. I think one of the main reasons Pochettino was trying to cut squad numbers was so he could start giving the kids more of a chance, at least I hope so. There's a different buzz around kids like Veljkovic, Winks, Oglivie, Onomah then I remember with kids coming through previously. But I'm a bit of an optimist about youth players as you know with all the times you tease me about it. :ade:
Nowt wrong with that mate, just setting yourself up for a downfall as we aren't that kinda side anymore. Who knows, maybe under Poch we'll invest more time in our youth. I don't hold much hope myself to be honest with the way football is going.

Have you been watching a different player to me? When I've seen him he's seemed like the exact opposite to what you've said in that he's very willing to get on the ball and then very confident playing it out.

That's not what I'm worried about. We've never had a passing issue at Spurs. What's worried me are his actions off the ball under pressure. He invited it, he didn't grab the bull by the horns and dominate his area.

Also he wasn't that good bringing the ball out in preseason or last season. When we were coasting 3-0 vs villa and we took off sandro etc and put him on, we were done as a competative bully. The kids lost our momentum and if anyone was going to score, it was Villa.

Let's not make up stories of him being commanding and swashbuckling from the back.

Let's tell the truth and not regurgitate reports of his form from the development squad.

That's not what I'm worried about. We've never had a passing issue at Spurs. What's worried me are his actions off the ball under pressure. He invited it, he didn't grab the bull by the horns and dominate his area.

Also he wasn't that good bringing the ball out in preseason or last season. When we were coasting 3-0 vs villa and we took off sandro etc and put him on, we were done as a competative bully. The kids lost our momentum and if anyone was going to score, it was Villa.

Let's not make up stories of him being commanding and swashbuckling from the back.

Let's tell the truth and not regurgitate reports of his form from the development squad.
Against Villa though we were slow for the entire second half not just when he came on. Also I don't understand what you mean by the first part, it's quite general what your saying. Plus I don't really think it's fair to expect an 18 year old to come on and grab a premier league game by the horns.

Against Villa though we were slow for the entire second half not just when he came on. Also I don't understand what you mean by the first part, it's quite general what your saying. Plus I don't really think it's fair to expect an 18 year old to come on and grab a premier league game by the horns.

I didn't say I was being fair. I'm saying what I saw and I'm not creating a romantic ideal or making excuses.

not that i want Milos (don't know how to pronounce his last name) to doom, but but, isn't that so, that if we praise one of our young messiahs too much, then he'll turn into crap (Carroll for example)
Look at Kane,Bale,nobody believed, wanted, but didn't , what now?

so im going with fuck him, hes shit, max League One player, never done anything. I want him gone, maybe Leyton wants him, oh wait, too good for him !

:avbshock:

...hopefully, that winners mentality will have cemented itself into his psyche... and be contagious enough to rub off on his Spurs team-mates!

Back
Top Bottom