Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think Jan was a fan of Sherwood and his tactics. I have a feeling that he really likes Poch, and wants to stay here under his management and return to being one of the best defenders in the league.

Last edited:
Jan happened, squelching the endless speculation that he's been pushing for a move.

Let's not forget how many people over the summer have professed their desire to see the back of him.
Oh yes. I voted I for Hugo because he's captain of France, and making him captain would also be a thanks for last year. There's not much between them, but I thought Hugo's attitude was more professional. Having said that, no way did I want Jan to leave. I had an argument with Gibbsy over wether Jan should be captain or not, and I had to spend a week in the Priory.

Back
Top Bottom