Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eriksen = New Gaston Ramirez

Gaston couldnt fit the high tempo pressing so he just faded away, unfortunately i see the same happening to our Great Dane.
images

The whole world class thing is a tough one though. There are only a select few like messi, ronaldo, Suarez. Personally I think they are above world class,we are lucky that at the moment the game seems quite rich with players that will be remembered in the same breath as zidane, Pele, zico,maradonna etc, absolute legends of the game then below that you have players that I'd consider world class such as the likes of Bale, lahm, hazard, Lloris etc that no matter what they would be in the starting 11 of any team anywhere in the world at any given time given the chance. They are what I'd consider world class and they are at that level because they are better than most of their peers. You could say for instance someone like Cannavaro, ex Italy, probably not going to be remembered as as good a defender say as Maldini, however at the time when they played together, won the World Cup they would both have gotten into any team anywhere so were world class players.
Not sure if I'm making my point but what I'm trying to say is just because someone may argue that cliff jones was better than Gareth Bale or vice versa, they are both world class in comparison to their peers at the time.
Currently I could probably name around 30+ Of what I would consider world class players but will not bore you all any further.
I'd rank Bale above Suarez, and no way would I rank the 'biting one' at anywhere near the level of Pele.

Nor would I rank Zico or Zidane at Pele's level either, though I'd rank them both above Suarez, and both are far more sporting players than Suarez, not hard of course.

To me only Maradona and Puskas are at Pele's level, maybe Messi by the time he finishes his career. Though I appreciate it's difficult to judge over generations, but Puskas was the stand out player of the 50s and Pele from his amazing World Cup in 58 to his equally amazing World Cup in 70.

I think Bale is a step up from Hazard, and will in time prove to be better overall than Lahm, The Welsh wizard is an absolute force of nature, for me the third best player in the world.

I'd rank Bale above Suarez, and no way would I rank the 'biting one' at anywhere near the level of Pele.

Nor would I rank Zico or Zidane at Pele's level either, though I'd rank them both above Suarez, and both are far more sporting players than Suarez, not hard of course.

To me only Maradona and Puskas are at Pele's level, maybe Messi by the time he finishes his career. Though I appreciate it's difficult to judge over generations, but Puskas was the stand out player of the 50s and Pele from his amazing World Cup in 58 to his equally amazing World Cup in 70.

I think Bale is a step up from Hazard, and will in time prove to be better overall than Lahm, The Welsh wizard is an absolute force of nature, for me the third best player in the world.

Bale's issue is that he plays for Wales who are even shitter than England so he got no WC and apparently your not a good player if you don't go to the WC, but even as the great peado says if Maradonna was born in Luxemborg he would never have gone to the WC but he would still be the best player.

When I think about what Bale has done it is amazing, he was the best player in the prem two season ago well above Saurez, then moved to another country, was injured for much of the start of the season, got played out of position (right wing) and still scored the winning goals in the Copa Del Ray and Champions League. The World is at his feet, but I still rather he have stayed, oh well.

Yeh would take Bale over Saurez and Neymar no question, he's IMO the better player, Ronaldo and Messi however fully fit (which neither have been for much of this season) are just outstanding.

Don't see it. We've been playing in a pressing high-line game all along, and he's performed for us. The shape was all wrong, and the tactics half-baked to fit the system we were playing, but if the question is just whether or not Eriksen can perform in a pressing high-line, I think that we already have our answer.

Apparently this portugese RB Miguel Lopes(don't know much about him) has been linked to us on a loan move, does this mean no Richards? Would definitely prefer Richards, has experience in the league and more versatile

First off, just lol at this talk of Eriksen not working and not playing the No 10. Lamela has clearly done just fine working from the wing playing the wide "Lallana role," and Eriksen did just fine spreading the ball around in the half I saw him play in Toronto by playing a central "Lallana role." I think part of the reason Poch was quite willing to come was just that, more options of more talented players instead of having sole roles for each player. By my take we need yet another source of unpredictability from the left wing, cutting down to solely Lamela would be nothing short of idiotic in the Prem.

I've been a fan of us getting Richards, but did anyone else catch any of City's friendly with Kansas City? Richards has gotten fucking massive. Like NFL linebacker huge. Quite obvious his injuries have sent him to the weight room. So while he's definitely stronger, I'm not sure he's remained quite as versatile. No way he can jump like he used to, and I'm not sure he'll still have as much speed and certainly not agility. He was one just an all-around great athlete two seasons ago, now just a meathead. I for one have my reservations now.

Apparently this portugese RB Miguel Lopes(don't know much about him) has been linked to us on a loan move, does this mean no Richards? Would definitely prefer Richards, has experience in the league and more versatile
By most accounts, Richards is a massive bellend, and the fact he's rarely played under different managers would indicate a problem, not simply injuries. Vieria (cunt that he is) slated him a few years ago and he was his teammate.

If we did get Richards I don't see him getting in the first team in the near future, why would he join us to sit on our bench when he'll earn more for doing the same at Man City?

Yeah I'd agree in fairness I'm just using players that are out there as possible examples, it was my response to the there only being a few world class players out there and how difficult I find it over generations and eras of players to compare.
For instance I also think Bale is a force of nature and possibly one of the fittest dedicated pros ever, and I've no doubt that his fitness levels alone would destroy a team from any other generation, however you can then say could he bend a ball in from 30 yards that weighs the same as his previously jug eared head whilst wearing boots like a bag of concrete and being cut in half by say a Dave McKay?
All open to debate but Gareth Bale in my opinion this season will win every award he's up for.

Scary thing about Bale is that even when he's disappeared from a game, he'll pop up with a screamer to win the game.

He's not fussy; he just wins games.

If we did get Richards I don't see him getting in the first team in the near future, why would he join us to sit on our bench when he'll earn more for doing the same at Man City?
I see your point, but at city now with the arrival of Sagna(CUNT), he'll be 3rd choice. Last season he only played 2 pl games. He probably wouldn't break into the 1st team at Spurs, but would definitely see more game time, and for 5-7m I think it's a good deal

Some ITK pointing towards a new LWF option - Julian Green

For those that had the same who da fuck reaction as me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Green

Green isn't going to leave Bayern at this point. Apparently Pep is a fan of him and he said if he does leave, it'll be on loan to a smaller club in Germany. On top of that, Green would not do well physically in the Prem at his age. He needs at least a season or two to put on some muscle and get some first-team experience. The signing just wouldn't make sense.

Green isn't going to leave Bayern and apparently Pep is a fan. On top of that, Green would not do well physically in the Prem at his age. He needs at least a season or two to put on some muscle and get some first-team experience. The signing just wouldn't make sense.
Would love to see what Poch could do with him tho

Green isn't going to leave Bayern at this point. Apparently Pep is a fan of him and he said if he does leave, it'll be on loan to a smaller club in Germany. On top of that, Green would not do well physically in the Prem at his age. He needs at least a season or two to put on some muscle and get some first-team experience. The signing just wouldn't make sense.
I'll bow to your knowledge sir, just passing on what I heard, maybe we would be looking at him as one for the future not straight away, but then why would you leave Bayern, who would be looking to nurture him in the same way and are one of the biggest clubs in Europe? Seems like a bit of a non-starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom