Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can read plenty well enough, but thanks for your ever so helpful advice.

Perhaps though I could get you to apply it to yourself, and ask you where it says in my post where he replaces Lloris? Because I didn't. I also clearly alludes to Vorm playing in the EL and Cup. Perhaps you should take a few seconds to calm down and read before posting in topics, as to be frank you look a massive bell-end. There is no need to be so hostile, or is that the done thing on this forum?

Yes, we may have 37 midfielders, but usually teams don't have two keepers of this calibre; you have a stand out first choice in addition to a solid back-up. Vorm is more than a solid back up and I cannot believe that a thirty year old top level keeper would be happy to come to a team to sit on the bench, or play in secondary competitions.

Despite us both having the same assumptions of what he will do, my knowledge of football is questioned. Go figure.
You've made the mistake of thinking i was talking entirely to you... i wasn't. If you or anyone else can't see why we would sign Vorm to play in the cup games as opposed to a 43 year old then theres very little i can do to help. If you CAN see the logic in that though, then congratulations. Sometimes though, its like people don't want us to win. i think our squad now is actually pretty spot on, we have 2 quality players for every position.

You've made the mistake of thinking i was talking entirely to you... i wasn't. If you or anyone else can't see why we would sign Vorm to play in the cup games as opposed to a 43 year old then theres very little i can do to help. If you CAN see the logic in that though, then congratulations. Sometimes though, its like people don't want us to win. i think our squad now is actually pretty spot on, we have 2 quality players for every position.

You quoted my post, so it's an easy assumption to make.

I can totally see why we would sign a good keeper to play in secondary competitions, rather than relying on a 43 year old keeper, however good he may be. I'm not knocking us signing him, its a shrewd and clever move. I don't understand why that would be enough for Vorm, of the possible ramifications for Loris. As lets face it, weeks after signing a five year deal, we sign a significant threat to his position.

You quoted my post, so it's an easy assumption to make.

I can totally see why we would sign a good keeper to play in secondary competitions, rather than relying on a 43 year old keeper, however good he may be. I'm not knocking us signing him, its a shrewd and clever move. I don't understand why that would be enough for Vorm, of the possible ramifications for Loris. As lets face it, weeks after signing a five year deal, we sign a significant threat to his position.
Yeah totally, why the fuck would he want to leave swansea and come to Tottenham, in London, on probably double the wages, in the best city in the world. Really tough one that...

"Honey, I've been offered a job een london... for quite a lot of money..."
"but Michel, zer are no sheep een London."
"Yeah you're right, fuck it..."
"Sorry Dan its a no from me pal"

Last edited:
I can read plenty well enough, but thanks for your ever so helpful advice.

Perhaps though I could get you to apply it to yourself, and ask you where it says in my post where he replaces Lloris? Because I didn't. I also clearly alludes to Vorm playing in the EL and Cup. Perhaps you should take a few seconds to calm down and read before posting in topics, as to be frank you look a massive bell-end. There is no need to be so hostile, or is that the done thing on this forum?

Yes, we may have 37 midfielders, but usually teams don't have two keepers of this calibre; you have a stand out first choice in addition to a solid back-up. Vorm is more than a solid back up and I cannot believe that a thirty year old top level keeper would be happy to come to a team to sit on the bench, or play in secondary competitions.

Despite us both having the same assumptions of what he will do, my knowledge of football is questioned. Go figure.
According to many Swansea fans Vorm was going to be no 2 at Swansea this season. The Tottenham gig is more attractive most would say.

Yeah totally, why the fuck would he want to leave swansea and come to Tottenham, in London, on probably double the wages, in the best city in the world. Really tough one that...
According to many Swansea fans Vorm was going to be no 2 at Swansea this season. The Tottenham gig is more attractive most would say.

Obviously, better surroundings and better money. I'm going for the angle of footballing ambition. This guy was going to be second choice to Fabianski, yet he has come to sit on our bench for more money?

Footballers are heavily derided for having no ambition and happily picking up money for the privilege and when I attempt to discuss this, my opinion is derided?

I'll give up trying to discuss this or ask for opinions or ramifications, as the discussion clearly isn't wanted. Forgive me for wanting to discuss something.

Vorm for me is one of my most highly rated Goalkeepers in the Prem. May not have had an amazing season last time, but the season prior I thought he was just amazing, possibly one of the top 3 of that season.
To have him as a back up keeper, and playing all our cup games is great, its basically the same as having 2 1st team keepers. Which is a rare occurrence! (Considering Gomes used to be our first choice) :gomes:

Obviously, better surroundings and better money. I'm going for the angle of footballing ambition. This guy was going to be second choice to Fabianski, yet he has come to sit on our bench for more money?

Footballers are heavily derided for having no ambition and happily picking up money for the privilege and when I attempt to discuss this, my opinion is derided?

I'll give up trying to discuss this or ask for opinions or ramifications, as the discussion clearly isn't wanted. Forgive me for wanting to discuss something.

With Swansea not being in Europe this year I'd predict he's going to get more playing time as our number two than theirs. At least until we get knocked out in the quarters again.

:pochfacepalm:

Vorm for me is one of my most highly rated Goalkeepers in the Prem. May not have had an amazing season last time, but the season prior I thought he was just amazing, possibly one of the top 3 of that season.
To have him as a back up keeper, and playing all our cup games is great, its basically the same as having 2 1st team keepers. Which is a rare occurrence! (Considering Gomes used to be our first choice) :gomes:
I like that avatar of yours

:adethumbup:

Sorry if you took it that way, it wasn't my intention. I am certainly not deriding your opinion. If he's going to be a number 2, then from a footballing ambition point of view, surely Tottenham is the better option? Guaranteed European game time, 2 other cup competitions, better working (training) conditions, an increase in salary, plus the chance, if Lloris gets injured, to play in the League for a much bigger club. If I was him I know where I'd go. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
30vg6ky.jpg

remember that season when we had friedel, gomes, lloris and cudicini

Ah I see you are a fellow dog on the internet too, typing isnt particularly easy with paws is it?
bitch, im a fucking bear, disguised as a woman, who is acutually a man.
yeah go ahead, tell me about how hard its is to type with dog paws. :saha:

sew-bear-paws-costume-800x800.jpg

that's me typing.

No CL footy this time next year...

Good bye Lloris

Congrats to Vorm as 1st Choice keeper at WHL

Levy's insurance plan for next summer since Vorm's availability presented itself this summer n he has been keen on the Dutchman .

Spurs crack the top4, Lloris sticking around n levy likely sells Vorm for a sizeable profit.

a couple of blokes at work keep telling me signing Vorm means Lloris is off, and it doesn't. We know he's off if we don't get CL next season, most likely. And it ain't likely we will get top four after all. So signing Vorm doesn't mean we are preparing to sell Lloris, if anything it means we're trying to increase our chances of getting CL, by having a strong keeper for the league and aim for top four and a strong keeper for Europa league aiming for the final without weakening one or the other front.

Signing Vorm helps increase our chances of keeping Lloris if anything.

If it happens that Lloris goes next year, it won't be cos we signed Vorm, but we'll be bloody glad we did!

Back
Top Bottom