If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
How can a manager who is loathed by at least 50% of the support help improve the atmosphere. That was the whole gist of the thread really, the question of whether or not present circumstances are making trips to the Lane more miserable.

Because those that are saying they would refuse to go are clearly the whingers.

It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).
This would equate to around 78 points for a full season.
And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.
I simply don't understand it.

For me it's not so much the results. It's not even so much the performances. It's that:

- I don't want a manager willingly cunting off the club to the press. (The "I don't know my best team" speech last weekend. I know it, everyone knows it. But as a manager of a football club you don't say it. Simple.)

- I don't want a manager making ridiculous statements to the media. (Just like Liverpools come back v AC Milan, on WBA)

- I don't want a manager dicking around on this iPhone in the stands when we're 10 minutes from going out of European competition (Benfica)

- I don't want a manager in hysterics when a wasteman has just taken one of the lamest penalties in football history and we're 2-0 down to utter shit (WBA)

- I also don't want a manager who would, should he actually be successful, go to Woolwich without any sort of hesitation.

In a sense at lot of these reasons are similar to why I fucking hated Redknapp as well.

I'm with you three. It's the (lack of) support that's going to stop me attending. I'm getting bored of the woman in front of me putting her hands over her ears when I sing (I'm surely not that out of tune) and the cunts to the sides of me slagging off the players within 30 seconds of kick off. I'd rather we went back to being mid-table, if it got rid of all the entitled cunts.

would love for all the boring cunts to fuck off, nothing felt better then a whole block or 2 block joining in together with 'oh when the spurs', you sometimes get a good one at the lane, but rarely, thats why i fell in love with tottenham even though we lost most weeks, we were passionate and still sung for them in the dark days, thats what i fell in love with, not the old whingy cunts, and tourists decked head to toe in about 500 quids worth of merchandise from the club shop

Poeople seem to have different issues with Sherwood. I don't really care much about his personality, his dress sense, what he says to the media or that he supported the scum as a kid, not interested.

Sherwood in my eyes has done a resonable job, taking over after the mid season mess left behind, we have some fun games, many good results and the bringing in of a few youth players in to the team. That being said I don't know if it's his inexperience but I am struggling to see a pattern of play or siginificant tactical thinking, particularly in regard to our defending, I am not refering to individual mistakes that's not Tim fault, I am refering to our organisation which has been lacking. We play better in the second half which suggests he is a good motivator of players (team talks etc) but I am worried that Tim, Ferdie and Ramsay are not the kind of guys who will come up with the good tactics certainly when faced with Chelsea and the like.

Tim might do well as a assistant manager or even as a manager if his assistant was the brains behind him, he has the dertermination, cockyness, ability to take pressure but lacks the experience and seems to eager to play attacking football when faced with a strong side where caution may be in order (Liverpool springs to mind).

Overall a very good job as a caretaker manager but don't think he has the tactical brains for the long run. A tactical manager who plays attacking football is what we need, they exist but are currently managing Liverpool and Everton.

I've gone less this season, but that's due to the terrible fans we have. Better off staying in the pub. Can't be spending over a ton a game to be surrounded by wankers.

Done plenty more always though, and that will continue next season regardless of manager.

Only been able to get to 4 games this season but the majority of then were just terrible atmosphere wise; Everton away I was in block G and it was average at best - some singing every now and then and erupted when Ade scored the winner. Liverpool away despite the terrible result was probably the best atmosphere I've ever seen at an away game, our support made that game for me. But then I went to Fulham last weekend and was sat in block 27 and frankly it was embarrassing, not one song, could barely call it celebrating when we scored, zapped most of the enjoyment out of the game.

Other than 1882 does anyone know what blocks are best for atmosphere week in week out? (if any!) The south end seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Only been able to get to 4 games this season but the majority of then were just terrible atmosphere wise; Everton away I was in block G and it was average at best - some singing every now and then and erupted when Ade scored the winner. Liverpool away despite the terrible result was probably the best atmosphere I've ever seen at an away game, our support made that game for me. But then I went to Fulham last weekend and was sat in block 27 and frankly it was embarrassing, not one song, could barely call it celebrating when we scored, zapped most of the enjoyment out of the game.

Other than 1882 does anyone know what blocks are best for atmosphere week in week out? (if any!) The south end seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I've got a season ticket in park lane and although this year the atmosphere has been pretty dire, it's still the best in terms of singing. Also if Sherwood does stay heaven forbid I will still continue to go as I love this club and feel very privileged to be able to see all the home games. :coys:

31 East Lower is usually better than most.

I'll still go next season, although I'll have no expectations and not much more enthusiasm than I have now. If we get Europa again I won't bother going to the group games.

Even block 34 was dead for the Fulham match, everyone sat down right back to row 15ish. I usually try to get block 35 near the back, no STs in there so less whingers, and better view than 31.

if anyone doesnt go to watch there team 'because of the rubbish football' then you need a reality check, should watch your team through thick and thin, anyway, the main reason to not go WHL anymore is the boring cunts who turn up every week and look at you with a weird look when you try to get a song going

in our country, it's almost a sin to not sing along when watching a Football match. I wish this could happen in England

I'll still go next season, although I'll have no expectations and not much more enthusiasm than I have now. If we get Europa again I won't bother going to the group games.

God the Europa, was the only cup I almost was happy we fell out of. To play in that thing next year will be soul destroying.

Back
Top Bottom