Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale always started on the left side like this year and drifted in......

Either way, he is our best threat in front of the net.......clinical and strong in possession

My particular preference.........

Starting on the left and drifting in is hugely different to starting central.

Dempsey is a good example of this. Last year he scored the lions share of his goals starting on the left of midfield. He scored less when started behind the striker.

Coming off of the left allowed him to find space that had been created by the strikers/striker+AM. If he was in that position to start with he would be much more closely marked and would end up having to make runs to pull people around and create space himself.

While the end result is player = central = goal it would be naive to think a player would be equally/more effective if he player there full time. The nature of starting on the left is a huge advantage, or at least it can be.

Fuck sake, can we wait until the games over before the pissing competition starts.

At least that way I can avoid the match thread when it ends up going the way of the last two.

Anyway, back to football. I'm thinking we line up the same as Villa (4-4-2) but we play a back four of Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton.

stainesspurs stainesspurs Kris Kris get on the 8:00am train from Kings Cross. Doesn't matter if the ticket you bought was for the 8:12 it will be fine for the 8:00am too. At least this way we all get on the same train and can journey together etc :ade:

Also the 8 o'clock isn't a direct service to Sunderland, it terminates at Newcastle and you have to walk to another station..

8cspurs8 8cspurs8

Sunderland looked well organized against Man City. They stifled them in the center of the pitch and countered quickly a fluently. They could have had 3-4 if they finished better. I rate both Fletcher and Sessengnon.

I think the key to this game will be width. They were able to stop citeh because they were very organized in the center of the park and Milner and Silva provided no width. Bale and Lennon will definitely be very important.

Got to be wary of the counter attack as they have a few half decent players. Lucky Danny Rose doesn't get to play since he's been important for them. I'd like to see Sig get rewarded with a run out to replace one of the strikers but won't be too mad if he doesn't.

First goal will be key again. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom