The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reality sinks in.

Bluemoon.

"Just had a bit of a worrying thought - despite playing fantastic football and creating a bagful of chances, were it not for two most uncharacteristic lapses by the usually excellent Lloris, we wouldn't have scored today."

Ahab Ahab
Yes I agree. We were lucky not to be hammered. Vertonghen was a colossus before his self inflicted injury.
It's a big gap to fill and it worries me. Ben Davies needs to play the next game.

Take a straight edge, line it up with the halfway line. Move it left until you reach our last defender. Sterling is a yard nearer our goal, clearly offside. "Benefit of doubt" doesn't come into it.
Your snapshot has been taken after Kolarov has player the ball. Also you can't be offside with your arm

Your snapshot has been taken after Kolarov has player the ball. Also you can't be offside with your arm
Something about reading the rule book...

Untitled.jpg

Woke up this morning with a boner. Usually it's my beautiful misses that bring me to these states but then I realised it was because spurs completely fucked man shitty last night.

You would think with all the dirty oil money they have they would at least hire some guys to sit in the stadium and make some noise??
Or maybe they need to invest in the clicky things like Leicester did last season?
So glad we have an atmosphere at the lane, and no amount of money could buy that and take it to the likes of shiteh!!!
:dembelefingers:

Finally for any cat lovers: you'll be pleased to know that my cat returned in the small hours. Presumably she'd forgiven me for shouting the house down when Swans scored. She'd flown out of the cat flap without even touching the sides and I thought that was the last I'd see of her.

Sounds like a gooner cat to me. You know what to do. Cloth, string, heavy weight, canal.

Did you see this one? Fucking out there.

"Our manager did fuck all wrong today.

He was let down by powder puff finishing and corrupt , racist refereeing.

He did nothing whatsoever wrong today. Clearly the message has gone out from the top of the game "give city nothing, fuck them at every turn, and hopefully this foreign **** will go home"

He did nothing wrong at all.

"The muslims must not be allowed fucking any decision. Ever. No matter what"

To paraphrase him, I was "so so proud" of our manager today after that provocation."
wtf?

They really have a persecution complex. They probably call Liverpool "victims", which on this showing is the height of hypocrisy (and entitlement). Is there no one on that board to tell them to get a fucking grip? I bet they turned a blind eye to the Balotelli stamp and subsequent penalty, Rose's (to be rescinded) red card and penalty, Dawson disallowed goal, etc. And if yer know yer 'istory there was a Francis Lee goal that he punched into our net, and then laughed about it, Maradonna style.

I very much hope that Southstand Billy managed to get in a "Lads, it's only Citeh" before he got binned off. Those fans've got no class whatsoever.

Don't know how someone can 'disagree' with that.

I checked it out for myself, as your screenshot doesn't show the point the ball was played, as shown in the preview of the vid below at 7 seconds in)

(screenshot here - os — Postimage.org)

Our 10th outfield player is further in their half, as seen a few seconds earlier in the video. Well offside.

I thought that at the time, but was distracted by everything else that happened.
I have the game and looked at it again and it is looks suspiciously offside.
So kind of makes the whole argument invalid as maybe it should have been offside before it should have been a penalty.

Last edited:
I'm still struggling to get my head around the metamorphosis in our team. How many times in the past have we played the opposition off the park, created loads of chances then conceded goals to drop points. With a dodgy refs decision against us to add insult to injury. Now we've done it to them, and I have to admit, I like it. It seems to go some little way towards making up for all those times against Man U, scum etc we've been on the wrong end. Have you noticed that whenever one of those do it, you get "that's the sign of a good team, they get something from the game even when they play poorly" whereas with us its just "they played poorly".

I think Kyle's, er, challenge on Sterling epitomises the change. A couple of seasons back he was good for one shocker every game, pot luck whether it meant a goal against. He's matured so much under Poch, he's cut out those errors and yesterday kept us in the game with a steely piece of measured professionalism.

It is priceless to hear the newly moneyed Citeh fans crying and whinging. Your sugar daddy spends all those millions and you still can't beat a spurs team (net spend £1m) playing at their worst at your own place. Life's just not fair is it?

loads of excellent posts in this thread. Take a bow TFC. Absolutely spot on that the Citeh lot are a whining, absent minded bunch. Let's forget about Balotelli stamping on Parker, then going on to score a match winning penalty. Walker pushed Sterling just enough to unbalance him. Sterling had definitely started his run in an offside position. He doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt for my mind. By not giving the penalty, Mariner simply didn't compound the mistake of not blowing up for the offside.

We didn't play at our best & were without Verts so had to reshuffle at the back , but we're still good enough to claim a draw at one of the best teams in the country.

That draw feels almost as good as a win, because at 2-0 down I don't mind admitting that I didn't see a way back into the match after seeing how we were getting outplayed for so long.

But we dug in deep & I think we got a just reward.

As an aside, Mane's goal shouldn't have counted. controls it with his hand & scores?:pochserious:

He's in line with Wanyama - benefit given to the attacking player

Hadnt seen that view before - I stand corrected

It's pretty much the same view as in the post you disagreed with (pasted in again below).

The rule states that it's offside for any part of the body that can legitimately score a goal.

image.jpg

That's some crazy as shit perspective if you think Sterling's head is onside. Bear in mind that whichever inbred video'd his TV with a potato also held it pointed down (see screen frame), which actually means the perspective would look worse again on a non-tilty replay..

If you want to know just how offside it was, and using the comment of 'consulting the rulebook', here's a sample from FIFA's official documentation on offsides:

fifas.jpg

The first half was poor as we did not get a shot on target and were pressed into far too many mistakes. However city had our problem a few months ago as they could not take any of the chances given to them.
Second half we gave them both goals, then lost Toby and had a makeshift defence and yet City still could not score a good goal against us. We then scored from our only 2 shots on target whilst previously needed loads of chances to score.
We were clearly outplayed and that has not happened for a while. To get a point out of that performance is good. Early in the season we ended City's unbeaten run and now they have ended ours.
As far as winning the league is concerned it is a blow as it is difficult to believe Chelsea will drop 9 points more than us. However as far as top 4 is concerned we have gained a point on Liverpool, and kept pace with both Manchester clubs despite having the hardest fixture. Only 3 matches left against the top 6 with only 1 away.
As long as Toby is not out for long we are still in a good position to get top 4. Just hope we put strong enough teams out in the cup to progress as these players deserve a tropheystrophies as do the fans
Correction there, pedantic alert.
They didn't end our unbeaten record, we never lost.

No pen for me. Sterling
We scored two beautiful goals that Walker cross and Kane flick. Probably the best display City turned in all season, has Aguero transitioned into Darren Bent? Sandra could have scored that header, how is Sane's goal allowed to stand that's handball every day of the week. Why isn't Sterling being pulled up for consistently falling over. Tough shit with the penalty after that Baloteli stamp then remaining on the pitch to score from a penalty they can fuck right off. As Poch said we are warriors, the Spurs go marching on.

ps. Pep- what a whinging snidey wanker
AGREE AGREE AGREE!!!!!

What a result for us considering we systematically looked off sorts. What a strong mental strength this team has. Sterling / Walker push, no pen for me. Sterling couldn't decide to go for goal or dive, he did neither and thats what happened. The shove, the flimsies of touches, shouldn't have mattered, if he ws determined to go for goal. He couldn't make a decision to shoot or fall over and fooked it. He is the disgrace, always falling over. I cant stand that gormless look on his face when he dives. he was falling over before Rose even got near him for the tackle. He pulled Wanyama on top of him looking for a pen. He cant play football so decides to cheat. 50 million £s for a diving twat.

Back
Top Bottom