Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looks too easy for him. With Bale it was athleticism and technique, very different. Kane is just a natural goal scorer with everything really. Also, I miss Lamela.
Kane's athleticism and technique is incredibly underrated, the difference being that it isn't reliant on pace. That's excellent for us, because pace is the most fragile natural talent that footballers can possess. Kane should have a very long career at the top level.

Last edited:
Linekar thinks Kane is like Shearer, I don't quite see it, I think Shearer is an old fashioned English centre-forward, great in the box but doesn't do much outside of that. Sheringham is in many ways the better comparison, as Kane can also drop deep and link up the play, but then again Teddy didn't score inside the box quite as clinically as Kane.
Hence why I think he is more like Raul, who combines the ability to play as an out and out striker but also as a link-up man.
Sheringham's intelligence and deep play + Shearer's clinical finishing = Harry Kane

Any excuse hehe. I was wrong on the 3rd, not directly involved but was there with a run (what you would expect from any CF to be fair).

Great day. Probably one of my all time best at the Lane- though it's easy to be biased in favour of more recent games.

How long do you all think Harry will stay? And the same question, if we were chronically mid-table shit?

I'd like to think he will stay at the club for his whole career. I'm aware I'm probably being overly sentimental, Berbatov and Modric have taught me to expect players not to have that kind of loyalty. If we were mid-table for a long period he'd leave. But I'd like to think he would give it a good few years before doing so. Opinions?

Great day. Probably one of my all time best at the Lane- though it's easy to be biased in favour of more recent games.

How long do you all think Harry will stay? And the same question, if we were chronically mid-table shit?

I'd like to think he will stay at the club for his whole career. I'm aware I'm probably being overly sentimental, Berbatov and Modric have taught me to expect players not to have that kind of loyalty. If we were mid-table for a long period he'd leave. But I'd like to think he would give it a good few years before doing so. Opinions?
He'll stay so long as a) Poch is manager b) We are challenging for cups & titles (challenging doesn't mean winning). He is our poster boy, he wouldn't be that at any other club. His notoriety is not solely down to his ability as a striker, it is heavily linked with Tottenham as he is an academy product, fan from a family of fans who grew up 2 miles from the ground. He is a Vice captain and likely to be a future captain.

If Soldado was our top scorer he wouldn't get this adoration that Kane gets because he isn't a fan, isn't English, isn't an academy product, doesn't play for England, isn't young and didn't grow up a couple of miles away.

I have been very impressed with how we have rewarded our best players with new contracts, all given in return for improved performances. Equally impressed with how the players have bought into this approach, every single one of them could earn more money elsewhere. The biggest conundrum for any other club to take one of our players is the fear that they wouldn't perform in the new team. It's the Poch effect, the only player IMO who has matched his level under Poch after leaving for a new club is Lallana and that has taken him almost two years to find this form. Every single player that excelled under Poch that was bought for mega money hasn't played close to their levels they did when under Poch, that has to be a massive concern for a buying club.

The most difficult player for us to keep in the future will be Alli.

It looks too easy for him. With Bale it was athleticism and technique, very different. Kane is just a natural goal scorer with everything really. Also, I miss Lamela.

Bale's athleticism and technique is incredibly underrated, the difference being that it isn't reliant on pace. That's excellent for us, because pace is the most fragile natural talent that footballers can possess. Kane should have a very long career at the top level.
...and now I miss Bale!!

Just imagine our current team with him in it!!! Fuck me, we'd have won the league last September!!

He's so complete. He's incredibly underrated as a technical footballer, both in terms of passing and dribbling. His vision is insane and he's nearly got the ability of Dembele with the ball at his feet. He's outstanding shooting from range, or in the box. He's an outstanding goal poacher, but he's just as good playing with his back to goal in the box.

He's by far the most "complete" striker in the PL, and on finishing ability only Aguero can be compared.
I've never thought about that until now. Kane is absolutely incredible with the ball at his feet and multiple defenders around him. I can think of maybe Aguero that has that ability as well. It's not necessary for a striker to have that ability but it sure adds another dimension to his complete striker argument.

I reckon Kane's career will depend on how well he does for England. The Euros knocked his confidence, and affected his club form. When he gets the right national manager, this boy's potential is unlimited.

I reckon Kane's career will depend on how well he does for England. The Euros knocked his confidence, and affected his club form. When he gets the right national manager, this boy's potential is unlimited.

All they need to do is play 3 at the back for England.

Play Alli and Lallana behind Kane with Rose and Walker as wing backs and they'll be rolling.

I agree, but England will need to start making decent centre backs to make that work

I imagine two of the three would be Dier and Cahill as they play there successfully for their clubs in this formation and part of the best defences in the country and the other is most likely going to be Stone in the middle of them and hope to be helped along.

It probably did knock his confidence, but he's over it now, I wouldn't say how well he does for England will have too much bearing on his career, obviously if they have a terrible tournament and the media crucifies all the players it will have an effect for a few months...but that only happens once every two years! ;)

As he gets older he'll be less affected by all that too.

It probably did knock his confidence, but he's over it now, I wouldn't say how well he does for England will have too much bearing on his career, obviously if they have a terrible tournament and the media crucifies all the players it will have an effect for a few months...but that only happens once every two years! ;)

As he gets older he'll be less affected by all that too.

Fair enough. Was thinking the only comparable recent player to Kane in terms of career trajectory is Shearer, who seemed to have a symbiotic national/club thing happening. I couldn't give 2 figs about England, but Harry's 'heart on sleeve' approach suggests it means a lot to him.

Fair enough. Was thinking the only comparable recent player to Kane in terms of career trajectory is Shearer, who seemed to have a symbiotic national/club thing happening. I couldn't give 2 figs about England, but Harry's 'heart on sleeve' approach suggests it means a lot to him.
For a patriotic player, the England stuff matters more, so perhaps it will have more a bearing on Kane than I thought. I hope not- because it's hard to have much confidence in England.

Back
Top Bottom