Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way he runs from midfield to get on the end of that. The technique, fuck me. That made me have my first orgasm, and I didn't even know it.

The way he strikes that ball reminds me of a very similar goal he scored in the late 70's - I believe it was against Man U. The way I remember it, he played a one-two with Ardiles from or shortly after a free kick. Anyone recall the game?

ETA - Found it...

The way he strikes that ball reminds me of a very similar goal he scored in the late 70's - I believe it was against Man U. The way I remember it, he played a one-two with Ardiles from or shortly after a free kick. Anyone recall the game?
Yes I do know the goal you're talking about. Exactly the same place virtually. From a free kick to Hoddle one two with Ardiles.
Think it was the league cup night game.
2-1 we won big nose Mickey Thomas scored

Yes I do know the goal you're talking about. Exactly the same place virtually. From a free kick to Hoddle one two with Ardiles.
Think it was the league cup night game.
2-1 we won big nose Mickey Thomas scored
Edit: don't know if that was the same game but he ( Thomas) took a corner at the park lane shelf and there was a lull in the game.
He stood there with the ball and a soft chant of 'mickey thomas is a wanker, is a wanker' went up. It was getting louder and louder as the restless crowd joined in until it got so loud an lasted so long that Thomas turned around and started conducting the shelf.

I loved Glenn Hoddle as a Spurs player. The best player I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

He was worshipped. If he would have been amazing in the current game.

Not the greatest IMO as there will only be one Dave Mackay but definitely one of our greats!

I was privileged to have been at Watford for that goal!

I remember saying to my brother at the time "Bravo" as I was gobsmacked at the audacity of it, chipping a 6'4" keeper from within the box!

Then Archie hit a screamer!
Happy days

:adesalute:

tottenham-hotspur-footballer-glenn-hoddle-gives-the-thumbs-up-after-ejndfd.jpg

Happy birthday you beautiful man!

The most skillful Englishman i ever saw.
An absolute disgrace the way he was under used by the national side.

It was the 80's so Hoddle was considered a poncy fag with flash skill and good looks not a real man like Bryan Robson who could kick someone in the nuts. Our attitudes unfortunately are part of the reason English football was left so far behind.

He was before my time but I have watched so much video footage of him, what a player he was. If Pogba is £89 million what would this guy be today.

It was the 80's so Hoddle was considered a poncy fag with flash skill and good looks not a real man like Bryan Robson who could kick someone in the nuts. Our attitudes unfortunately are part of the reason English football was left so far behind.

He was before my time but I have watched so much video footage of him, what a player he was. If Pogba is £89 million what would this guy be today.
Many well known and respected players(Platini being one) thought it was laughable that England had Hoddle and he wasn't the first name on the steam sheet.

The most skillful Englishman i ever saw.
An absolute disgrace the way he was under used by the national side.

This was because Bobby Robson, a good manager normally, believed his work rate wasn't high enough and he lacked desire

Criminal!
IMO

As Terry Venables said in the video "the greatest ever spurs team"
If a fiction writer wrote this in a book people would be shaking their heads in disbelieve .
Was that his last game at the lane? I know we had Man u after that,but did he play?
Old grey matter and all that

I can't remember mate. Lot of stuff going on at the time

Back
Top Bottom