Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest I've still got a massive chip on my shoulder about Leicester winning it last season - thought they were lucky and a one trick pony all season. Seeing them suffer this season has been nice.

I'd love for us to fuck them up to put the icing on this 'past is the past' cake so I can move on with my life lol.

They also lost to Hull City 2-1. Failed to win a single away game this season. That's four away games this season, three losses and 1 draw. Where as last season they lost 2 away games all season. They are nothing anymore. They lost their best player and we will show them we are a much better footballing team.

3 or 4-0 win.

"You seem to love bringing up the past, no idea why"?

Who gives a fuck about last season. You seem to love bringing up the past, no idea why. What have they done this year? Apart from get dicked in pretty much every away game?
When you play football , you build on the past which gives you experience for playing now. Referring to the way they've played is better than producing stats which never give a true account. Experience is, as it is. Vardy will be a nuisance. Schmeichel will be superb in goal, CBs trouble. Mahrez, a tricky little fucker and Slimanu has given them a new attacking dimension and so on. They have produced it in the CL home and away.

We are on par with the same teams that turned them over so should get the result we need. I do not believe it will ve easy as you say and others. 1-0 at best.

Now that their rules of engagement have prevented them from mixing the rules of rugby union with football this will make it a more honest contest, a Spurs win , any win please COYS
I guess you are right and being away must make it much more difficult to get away with it as there is less pressure on the ref.

To be honest I've still got a massive chip on my shoulder about Leicester winning it last season - thought they were lucky and a one trick pony all season. Seeing them suffer this season has been nice.

I'd love for us to fuck them up to put the icing on this 'past is the past' cake so I can move on with my life lol.
I predicted we'd struggle at Bournemouth...for this I predict we smash em. We're due a big win and our boys will be up for this after last season, whilst they've lost every away game. 4-0.

Right, these clowns need a pasting just for that awful banner. I dont even mind the sentiment its just the execution. It's not even clever, just a statement.

Why would you waste your money on something that shit? (*Insert Sissoko joke)

It's getting tiresome to see all these mediocre clubs picking us as their main rival because they can't get a proper derby going with their local opponents. Leicester, Southampton, West Ham... all seem to view us as their most hated rivals nowadays. West Ham I can obviously understand since they are at least a London club as well. And with Millwall usually being in a different division, they naturally look to other local clubs to start a rivalry with, fair enough, but the other two... get real.

Southampton being upset about us getting people out of their club, yet Liverpool, United and Woolwich do it just as much, if not more, but somehow we're the ones getting the blame. Liverpool signed three of their players in one freaking transfer window! Among those were their captain and top-goalscorer. And later they added Clyne and Mane as well. Go pick them as your rivals, leave us out of it.

The Leicester thing is even more cringe worthy, they had a complete freak season, with pretty much all the top-teams seriously underperforming, thereby giving them a clear run to the title. We were the one good club who performed above expectation, but a title-run was never expected, nor were we ever truly close to winning it. I guess most Spurs fans were just as surprised as Leicester fans were that their respective clubs actually had a chance of winning the league, but even if we had won against Chelsea our chances of winning the league were still small. As a whole most Spurs fans were quite happy with our performance last year. Yet, in order to glorify their own achievements Leicester fans will have you believe they battled us out of a head-to-head confrontation for the title, in which we completely bottled it and threw away a 100% certain PL trophy win, and that we were completely heart-broken by it all. I was actually more upset at finishing below Woolwich then I was about losing out on the title. That was never ours to win to begin with, it had always been an outside possibility at best. Finishing third behind Woolwich with the lead we had over them was poor from our part, that was disappointing, but the title was very unlikely to happen.

I congratulate Leicester with winning the title, that was very impressive. I applaud that achievement, and it was actually refreshing to see a team outside of the traditional Sky-teams winning it, but their attempt at trying to establish a rivalry that just isn't there is quite frankly embarrassing.

Last edited:
It's getting tiresome to see all these mediocre clubs picking us as their main rival because they can't get a proper derby going with their local opponents. Leicester, Southampton, West Ham... all seem to view us as their most hated rivals nowadays. West Ham I can obviously understand due to them also being a London club and Millwall usually in a different division, but the other two... get real.

Southampton being upset about us getting people out of their club, yet Liverpool, United and Woolwich do it just as much, if not more, but somehow we're the ones getting the blame. Liverpool signed three of their players in one freaking transfer window! Among those were their captain and top-goalscorer. And later they added Clyne and Mane as well. Go pick them as your rivals, leave us out of it.

The Leicester thing is even more cringe worthy, they had a complete freak season, with pretty much all the top-teams seriously underperforming, thereby giving them a clear run to the title. We were the one top-club who actually performed above expectation, but a title-run was never expected, nor were we ever truly close to actually winning it. I guess most Spurs fans were just as surprised as Leicester fans were that their respective clubs actually had a chance of winning the league, but even if we had won against Chelsea our chances of actually winning the league were still small. As a whole most Spurs fans were quite happy with our performance last year. Yet, in order to glorify their own achievements Leicester fans will have you believe they battled us out of a head-to-head confrontation for the title, in which we completely bottled it and threw away a 100% certain PL trophy win, and that we were completely heart-broken by it all. I was actually more upset at finishing below Woolwich then I was about losing out on the title. That was never ours to win to begin with, it had always been an outside possibility at bes. Finishing third was poor from our part, that was disappointing, but the title was very unlikely to happen. I congratulate Leicester with winning the title, that was very impressive, and it was actually good to see a team outside of the traditional Sky-teams winning it, but there attempt at trying to establish a rivalry that just isn't there is quite frankly embarrassing.
Lot's of teams are choosing us to hate for some reason. I don't see anything in our team or club that makes us stand out as unlikable to all these teams.

2-1. Huth. Alli & eriksen. As long as we get the win!

LETS JUST FUCKING WIN THIS ONE, PLEASE!!!

I HONESTLY DON'T CARE HOW WE DO IT... (not after last season)
By hook or by crook... for this game in particular, anyway!

They want us as their rivals...? fine... let's create a TOXIC, VICIOUS, NASTY, REVENGE MISSION DERBY-DAY ATMOSPHERE that they won't be able to handle... let alone be able to step out onto the pitch without shitting themselves royally first!

BRING IT ON YOU DIRTY GOONER CHAV PIKEY FOX CUNTS!!! (still doesn't sound right though, does it?)

LET'S 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom