Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why Shite your pants cause of Aguero and De Bryune (Injured BTW!!!) ??? When we have Son and Lamela!!!
It makes me a bit nervous that Son, Eriksen, and Lamela all seem to be passing around a good-luck/form charm that only one of them can hold at any given time.

At some point this season I want to see Son, Lamela, Eriksen, and Kane hitting top form all at the same time. If that happens I might die of orgasm.

I just wonder if Poch will decide to start Son up top following his goalscoring form and the fact that Lamela, Eriksen and Son can play behind them with Dembele coming into central midfield.

I personally wouldn't do such a thing simply because I don't feel Son works well as a centre forward, but it'd certainly be a brave call.

I just wonder if Poch will decide to start Son up top following his goalscoring form and the fact that Lamela, Eriksen and Son can play behind them with Dembele coming into central midfield.

I personally wouldn't do such a thing simply because I don't feel Son works well as a centre forward, but it'd certainly be a brave call.
Son did well tonight at CF?

Take a look at @SpursOfficial's Tweet:

Come on you spurs

A few things about those highlights (which I watched 5 times mind you):

1) Kane was so fucking composed on his goal. How many players and great ones at that would have skied it by trying to hit it too hard?
2) The tense build up during Lamela's goal is great. There was almost a strange silence with the fans behind the goal hoping that he didn't fuck that up which he beautifully didn't and the crowd behind the goal blows up at the same time. Put a smile on my face.

Getting me excited for Sunday!

I had to go to the nearest Manc forum to see what these twats are saying and... surprise surprise, complaining about the referee already. That and some really confident stuff from one of these cunts.
:lamelaaghh: SMESH EM!

On a side note, their forum is butt ugly.

14524379_10209452485166350_3483474022084550524_o.jpg

I have not really watched City play this season so I can't tell much at the moment but from what I saw in their highlights their one touch passes worry me worry me that may induce some over stretching of ligaments from our backs. A win would be fantsstic but I would happily take a draw with no injury right now. Once I see the first 10 min of the match though I'll be able to tell you kids much more. Coys

1) Kane was so fucking composed on his goal. How many players and great ones at that would have skied it by trying to hit it too hard?
2) The tense build up during Lamela's goal is great. There was almost a strange silence with the fans behind the goal hoping that he didn't fuck that up which he beautifully didn't and the crowd behind the goal blows up at the same time. Put a smile on my face.

I remember this last goal distinctly. Lamela was so tired after that goal, he really did give it his all. My heart went out to him right then :dierpochhug:

pep plays possession football and I think fast counter attack is key to break their defense. I noticed Son deep in the penalty area when defending the corners, but he should be out near the center ready to counter with his speed. He's really good at counter attack and I've seen him making some ridiculous play when he's in front with space.

THis is what i am talking about

Also watch his second goal. He's really dangerous in the counter attack

Last edited:
Why Shite your pants cause of Aguero and De Bryune (Injured BTW!!!) ??? When we have Son and Lamela!!!
Because aguero's the best striker in the league.
Son & lamela are good but aguero is on another level.
Glad KDB is out. I think city will be a bit more clinical than us. 1-2 loss I'm afraid.

Would like to see george get some match time.
He looked a real handful last night.

Last edited:

The only thing I will remember about njie for the rest of my life is his assist in this match.

I've seen him play there enough to know he's better on the wing - we need a focal point, someone whos movement and strength will put pressure on City's fragile defence.
It all depends how the opposition sets them selves up against us-how we should play him? At the moment, he wants to score goals, he's looking to score goals. He is not looking for assists or running down the flanks to get behind defences to cross. It worked last night at the end, making him hold the line as our only forward. He's best playing off a CF, being flexible , thats the way forward for him and us as a team.

Last edited:
City play to overwhelm you by pushing numbers forward and wide. Peps master stroke is over flowing areas quickly with players. we need to go at em, stop this happening. We cant allow them to dictate the game pattern. I feel our FBs and the player in front to the back 4 are key. up front we need to keep it narrow, play down the middle in and around the box. If our FBs can get forward, then all well and good. They will look to stop this happening by getting it wide quickly. They wont like it up em.COYS.

pep plays possession football and I think fast counter attack is key to break their defense. I noticed Son deep in the penalty area when defending the corners, but he should be out near the center ready to counter with his speed. He's really good at counter attack and I've seen him making some ridiculous play when he's in front with space.

THis is what i am talking about

What the hell is that jerk Spahic doing...running to the corner flag and doing that gimpy little pose. Poor Son is left to celebrate all by himself! :dierpochhug:

Normally I am worried about the easy games, Middlesbrough away, or Sunderland at home after our CL games, last few seasons we would have thrown both these away, we always up our game when playing teams in the top 4, Poch took a big risk resting some big names last night, and it paid off with 3 points, I'm hoping Dier, Moosa, rose, walker and even Sissoko on the bench all come back into the team for Sunday nicely rested and show everyone that it ain't all about the L'pool and Citeh this season!!!!

Back
Top Bottom