Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Klinsmann was a Sugar signing.

Davids was old.

I avoided mentioning the likes of Lamela and Bobby Soldier as they were not elite level names.
Davids was still effective for us, and obviously high profile. I was excited by his signing. But there's no point in further defining the marquee term - who gives a fuck? My point was simply that what successes we have had have not come via big money established stars.

Where we may be turning a corner is in our ability to retain our talent. I'm hopeful that the days of losing the likes of Judas, Carrick, Luka, and Bale are behind us. Should we lose Poch then the club would look like a house of cards. If we can ensure a few seasons of champions league to coincide with our new stadium then I can't imagine Poch ever wanting to leave.

I do get thoroughly exited when we talk about signing a 30 million eg player. Then I look at last year, Lloris, Alderwiereld, Dembele, Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane were all world class in big patches. All of them sub 15 million/academy, think we're doing it right. You can't buy passion, passion is grown and I think in this group that's what we've achieved. Lack of a plan B has been rectified with an prolific hard working youthful striker, Dembele cover has come in Wanyama. Those were our two biggest issues by far last year. Hopefully Nkoudou/Njie will provide some directness and pace from the wing should need be. Players like Son and Njie will hopefully be able to strong some games together without injury and add further attacking options. All exited for the new season now.

I do get thoroughly exited when we talk about signing a 30 million eg player. Then I look at last year, Lloris, Alderwiereld, Dembele, Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane were all world class in big patches. All of them sub 15 million/academy, think we're doing it right. You can't buy passion, passion is grown and I think in this group that's what we've achieved. Lack of a plan B has been rectified with an prolific hard working youthful striker, Dembele cover has come in Wanyama. Those were our two biggest issues by far last year. Hopefully Nkoudou/Njie will provide some directness and pace from the wing should need be. Players like Son and Njie will hopefully be able to strong some games together without injury and add further attacking options. All exited for the new season now.

Wanyama definitely strikes me more as competition for Dier than a Dembele back up, but it's good to have three really strong DM options along with Mason and Carroll who others seem to have forgotten we have done well with on the pitch before.

The blind faith in Onomah is troubling and undermines the credibility of those on here who refuse to be honestly critical of him. He is a waste of club resources.
I think some refuse to be critical of levy, poch or any of our players (unless poch gets rid of them).
I don't know if they feel disloyal if they criticise anything spurs.

Too quiet. Some rumours.

malli. Poch invited him as a guest at 1 of our matches last season.

Brozovic of inter.

From Italy: Tottenham 'dream' of Serie A midfielder, suggestions of strong interest - Sportwitness

Tottenham transfer news: Malli could sign for Spurs

For reals. Where are the dam rumors???

headbang_zps2ac29901.gif~c200

We paid more for Corluka than we did for Toby.
We also paid about £3m more for Wanyama and Dier than we did for Palacious.

Only posting this because he was brought up on the podcast...

Twente reject Roma bid for Ziyech
Roma have had an offer for Twente attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech rejected, according to Calcio Mercato.

The report claims Ziyech, who scored 17 goals and registered 12 assists for Twente in the Eredivisie last season, could leave the Dutch club for between €8 and 11 million euros this summer.

With the difference that McGinn has performed well in over 100 senior games which has earned him a place in the national team and wide respect in his domestic game.

That's all in Scotland which means fuck all as you well know

It's a joke

Celtic will win it again easily and probably wouldn't survive in our championship

:avbhumph:

Wanyama definitely strikes me more as competition for Dier than a Dembele back up, but it's good to have three really strong DM options along with Mason and Carroll who others seem to have forgotten we have done well with on the pitch before.

Wanyama looked really good yesterday I thought, he is calm and does what he does well. I really see him as a bit of an in between option to Dier and Dembele. Dembele is irreplaceable in our current squad, there are few players out there who can operate like he does. Dier I love but is easier to find a replacement for. Wanyama should improve us I think so pleased about that, I still think we will miss Dembele whenever he is not playing though.

Back
Top Bottom